PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket shift lever?

team-gpracing
05-17-2013, 11:25 AM
Does anyone know of a place to get a new short shift lever for a 1st gen RX7? Other than Mazdatrix (no offense to them, just trying not to spend $200).

Dano77
05-17-2013, 03:23 PM
IF your rebuilding the transmission, The Miata shifter will work. You need everything though, and its more than 200 bucks. Give em the coin, it fixes the problem and takes 10 minutes to install.

lateapex911
05-18-2013, 02:10 PM
Assuming the lever isn't going to be used in IT, Dans answer works. If it's an IT car, it needs to stay stock, or a modified version of the stock one. (Unless the rule changed when I wasn't looking, which is possible).
In other classes of course, you can go nuts.

Dano77
05-18-2013, 08:25 PM
Its an EP RX3 that started life in my basement. Was occupying the same space that your former car is occupying.

Not that I would ever condon cheating of any kind, even if it is a cheaper way to achieve the same result. ie welded/repaired exhaust manifold in an SM car...............NON COMPLIANT :shrug:

team-gpracing
05-20-2013, 08:07 AM
Dan, I have a spare trans now and was just thinking it would be nice to have a spare lever too. I don't need it, so I don't want to pay a fortune. Just hoping there was an inexpensive aftermarket lever out there like with the 2nd and 3rd gens.