PDA

View Full Version : marrs2 group 7 video lap 1

dazzlesa
05-06-2013, 03:51 PM
the important moments are at 400 and 440. what do you think?
rick benazic ITB 06 civic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k856xLdPnxQ

Simon T.
05-06-2013, 04:19 PM
The video is set to private.

dazzlesa
05-06-2013, 06:52 PM
Please try again

Gregg
05-07-2013, 12:13 AM
Unfortunately the view thru the rear-view mirror isn't as conclusive as I'd hope it to be, but given the direction the rear of your car goes as a result of the rear impact and the silver Golf's changes in attitude both before and after impact, I can only conclude that the contact came from that car rather than the black 2002 on DL.

I realize that any appeal to the COA usually requires *new* evidence to be submitted so I hope someone behind you had something conclusive.

Hope you get the car back together soon.

ShelbyRacer
05-07-2013, 09:02 AM
I disagree Gregg. If you watch the rear-view mirror, the Golf stays behind up to the point of impact. The drastic change in lateral momentum come from the black BMW IMHO, who possibly slid thru the apex and made heavy contact. It's a similar feel to my in-car from MidO during my incident. Any contact from the VW to cause a spin would've been more of a push than a slam.

One bit of advice to the driver- if you'd have locked it down immediately, you wouldn't have had the second impact to your front end. I realize it's real easy to sit here and say that now, and I'm not sure if I'd have been able to do any better in-the-moment than you did, especially since the hit was unexpected.

Not sure if this vid was posted, but it does show the back end of the accordion. No good visual on this hit though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov2Bdf4iNHs

Edit: Rick- where was the heaviest damage in the rear? If you watch, the VW goes to DR before impact. If the heavy damage is your rear bumper pushed in on the pass. side, it's from the VW (or a later hit). If you have heavy left rear corner impact damage, it was the BMW.

2nd edit: The video above does not show damage to the right rear correlating to a heavy impact from the VW. It was a hard lick, there would be damage. It *appears* that there is left rear quarter damage. If that's the case, it's the BMW all the way. The BMW's front end damage should match, and from his retirement, I'd say it does. Forensic analysis says BMW.

dazzlesa
05-07-2013, 09:24 AM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/psdenbow/8656692969/in/pool-1089404@N21/
when i look at my video and the video that was in the VW's car i feel that the vw hit me hard enough, while i was turning left, that it tossed my car left. i countersteered right to save the spin. i think the bmw had no way to go, he was following the inside line, and he hit me just in front of my door which pushed my car to the right. if i knew i was going to be hit again then i would have locked it down, it happened so quickly.

Gregg
05-07-2013, 09:28 AM
Apologies to the Golf driver....

Got to see it on a MUCH larger monitor this morning @ work (the difference between 11" and 21" diag is quite big) and I must admit, I'm a flip flopper. It does indeed look like the Golf's bumper is clear of your rear by a good distance when the impact takes place and doubt that his right front corner would be that clear of you if he had initiated the contact.

As Matt mentioned, the contact was likely initiated by the 2002 and it looks like the Golf is simply taking evasive action.

ShelbyRacer
05-07-2013, 09:32 AM
OK, I think I see what you're saying-

The VW gave a push to start the spin, but the hit itself came from the BMW after the spin was underway?

dazzlesa
05-07-2013, 09:36 AM
yes Matt, the bmw is the hit that spun me to the right

ShelbyRacer
05-07-2013, 10:37 AM
Ah, I think I get it now.

Yeah, I'm skeptical that the Golf had anything to do with it really. His front bumper would be the telltale. Also, if your right rear bumper cover shows "striping" from a sweeping push, that might confirm. If the VW had made contact, the change to your momentum would've been so small as to be recoverable. It was the hit from the black BMW that was the "death blow" so to speak.

To be clear, the BWM I'm speaking of is the one that is behind on DL, that retires to DL at the entry of 6 (and eventually draws the FCY).

If your protest was regarding the VW, I'd strongly consider not spending the money on an appeal. The "administrative fee" adds insult to injury, and *I* (not that I am anyone special) don't see conclusive enough proof that the VW driver is "guilty".

Is Kevin Fryer on here? He could put some of this to bed (since it was his BMW).