PDA

View Full Version : The New Mylaps Site

steve b
04-15-2013, 01:40 PM
Is anyone else having problems with the new MyLaps site. Upon log in, I am sent to my profile page.

I have been unable to find a way to go directly to my race results. I even ran a search for MARRS and it produced only races from last year or older. I finally found this past weekends race results only after going to "Latest Event's and filtering car results and United States.

Once I found the race results, I could not see a way to sort it by class. The double flag laps were not shaded in yellow as in the past, and I could not compare lap times with competitors.

Am I missing something?

jjjanos
04-15-2013, 02:10 PM
It's not you.

mossaidis
04-15-2013, 02:13 PM
nope... site needs to get ironed out. I tried to login, no dice. Login asks for an email addy, but my login is not an email addy. I also tried to reset my password and none of the password reset links in the email work.

mossaidis
04-15-2013, 02:16 PM
Also, i think the lack of contrasting colors for their field entry sucks.

Knestis
04-15-2013, 02:17 PM
Count yourself lucky that you can see results. I think.

K

Gregg
04-15-2013, 02:50 PM
This was posted just a little while ago to their FB page:

Dear all,

We have received a lot of feedback on the new website. We are very sorry to hear that the update caused so much trouble, we never intended to make it more complicated. We take all feedback and complaints very seriously and work hard to resolve the problems. We will keep you updated on the developments and fixes.

Update:
- No results have been deleted, your history is still available once you have upgraded your account
- You can login to your upgraded account with your email address (your old account credentials do not work anymore)
- Your new password must be at least 6 characters in length and contain a lower-case letter, an upper-case letter and a number
- I framing of results has been fixed
- Missing functionalities – like an overview of all practice locations and check results of others - will come back

Please fill out our online survey and leave your comments and suggestions: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/YQLHS7B

wepsbee
04-16-2013, 08:58 AM
I also cannot log in. Sent them a "HELP" request. No response yet.

Iga88
04-16-2013, 09:17 AM
I also think that the lack of contrasting colors for their field entry sucks.

mossaidis
04-16-2013, 02:08 PM
I also cannot log in. Sent them a "HELP" request. No response yet.

Did you "upgrade" your account yet? I did and logging in eventually worked just fine. PS. If I were mylaps.com, I would not have used the word "upgrade", maybe "migrate".

I also think that the lack of contrasting colors for their field entry sucks.

...1 post? You are probably an disgruntled employee of mylaps.com. If so, I am sorry. Either way, I hope mylaps.com is learning from the site migration.

wepsbee
04-16-2013, 02:23 PM
Tried to upgrade and website stated they would send an email to me--never arrived

JIgou
04-16-2013, 02:53 PM
I made it through the migration yesterday, but still don't see any results today.

EV
04-16-2013, 03:00 PM
I made it through the migration yesterday, but still don't see any results today.
Same here...

cbuczesk
04-16-2013, 03:21 PM

You have to login and then go to the MyLaps main page. From there you have to search for the MARRS race. It's a PITA.

Chuck

EV
04-16-2013, 03:40 PM
You have to login and then go to the MyLaps main page. From there you have to search for the MARRS race. It's a PITA.

Chuck

I guess what's missing is what use to be called "my results". Searching is a bitch too since the return results can't be sorted by date or anything.

This is what happens when everyone has to get their stuff from the same place.

Flyinglizard
04-16-2013, 03:57 PM
My Prior suggestion ; make sure that "SCCA" is in every SCCA related race.
It is almost impossible to find out of region race results, if you dont know the exact local cute title.

wepsbee
04-16-2013, 04:29 PM
Finally managed to upgrade to new website.
How could they possibly feel this is Better than what was there before.
This website is cumbersome and a PITA to use
BAD DECISION

lawtonglenn
04-22-2013, 09:44 AM
Thank you for your interest in MYLAPS Sports Timing and for submitting
your question to us online.

Case #00011416: "Need "Class" as a field in results, need to sort on "Class"" has been created.
Case #00011417: "Need to have "My Results" tab, cannot find the races I competed in" has been created.
Case #00011418: "Revert to old software until "Class" and My Results" are reinstalled" has been created.
Case #00011419: "Place most common "Countries" at top of list" has been created.

Please be advised that we are experiencing higher-than-normal
communication volume, and you may experience longer response
times you can normally expect from us. Please be assured that we
are diligently working to respond to you. We apologize for any
inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your patience.

Thank you.
MYLAPS Support Team

lawtonglenn
04-23-2013, 01:53 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
Subject: Case 00009590: unconscionable mylaps problems

No results have been deleted. To see all your (old and current) practice results, you need to upgrade
your account to the new website. Your history will be available once you have upgraded your account.

Some functionalities are not available yet, but will come back:

Overview of all practice locations
Check results of others

May your questions or issue remain unsolved after this feedback, please reply to this email.
Best regards,
MYLAPS Sports Timing
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

Dear Mylaps support team:

I didn't need to upgrade my account, when I tried to it said I had already upgraded.
Two deficiencies in the new software render the site WORTHLESS, and UNUSABLE.

Without the "MyResults" tab, you need to sort through all the events, some of
which were named differently, making it impossible to find the events competed in.

When you do find one salient results page, the lack of "Class" as a sortable field
renders the results useless. As you have noted in the title block of each race group,
there are multiple classes. Without "Class" as a sortable field nobody can tell whether
the second place finisher was also 2nd in class, or 1st in class, etc etc.

You need to fix these problems NOW. If you cannot fix these problems NOW you should
revert to the old website until the new software has these problems fixed and roll it
out then. I am utterly astonished that you would release this "upgrade" without any
testing. From a business standpoint you have taken a suicidal step and are not taking
immediate steps to correct it. The only reason you still exist is your monopolistic position,
but be assured that people and organizations that use your service do not have an
unlimited appetite for being so callously treated. I am certain there are dozens of software
developers frantically trying to replace your old site's functionality with something useful.

Glenn Lawton
Transponder# 1967306

Knestis
04-23-2013, 02:11 PM
...but like it or not, they were first-to-market with the hardware. Folks are going to have to be mighty unhappy to shift to a new solution.

K

lawtonglenn
04-23-2013, 02:24 PM
no kidding... I really hate monopolies

BruceG
04-23-2013, 07:13 PM
On the flip side, I got an email from the CEO of mylaps, today......apologizing and saying that they had screwed up badly! Then he listed what they were going to do to fix the issues.

It appears that they were running into severe server response time issues with the old release. One thing he was very careful to mention is that none of the old data has been lost.....and will be made available again. Kudos to a monopoly for at least this type of response!

JLawton
05-09-2014, 08:19 AM
Sorry to drag this thread out of the weeds......... But this is the first time I've tried logging on since the new site............ Clicked button for old user name/password......... said neither existed....... clicked link to get user name e-mailed to me........ said my e-mail was not linked to an account........... clicked on the "Contact Form"........... No matter how many different ways I put in my phone number it kept saying I had a manditory field missing............WTF????

chuck baader
05-09-2014, 10:12 AM
It has gotten somewhat easier but they still need to add the racer search. Log on...then you see two boxes "practice" and "events". To see your history, click on "events". To search for a race, on the same page above "personal results" click on "results" in red. That brings up a search box to fill out, and it works well. Good luck.

Z3_GoCar
05-09-2014, 10:34 AM
I'm in a similar boat Jeff. I can change my password, but my account is in migration limbo, It's neither been migrated nor is the old account still around. I Migrate my account, then try to log in and it tells me to migrate my account.

Flyinglizard
05-28-2014, 01:14 PM
Try going to an event that you ran, click on your car# and than log in.
I cant get any results on my own page either.

Z3_GoCar
05-29-2014, 02:50 AM
Just after I posted that I sent a message asking for help migrating the account. I got a message that everything was fixed. So I tried to log in and I get an Authentication failure. I tried your suggestion Mike and I still get an authentication failure. I've sent a second message to them to get this straight. Oh, and when I try to reset the password, I never get an email, in the inbox, spam or trash. But if I go to the convert account page and enter my username I get the password reset email in my inbox in seconds. Then when I go to try to convert my account it tells me it already has. Then when I try to log in it gives me the authentication failure.

Flyinglizard
05-30-2014, 11:14 AM
Mine now works first time. Today.
I had to go to lost password/ get the email/ click the lnnk/ reset password/ login . worked . At first I had no results found, clicked on the dash board and my 2 transponders were there( from a prior email to contacts, they put in my TX #s). I should have 20yrs of results but not so much..
I have had good but slow luck in the past with the contact email, noting my pass word, user account, and TX numbers all in the same email. They seem to get it to work eventually.

IMHO, Big open market for a few smart guys . to use the Iphone as the data recorder, lap timers . That would circumvent the My laps timing loops and software.

Z3_GoCar
06-15-2014, 11:29 AM
I had to have a ticket generated to reset my log-in. I associated my new email initially during the conversion, but some how it was dropped and would only respond to my old email. Given I needed to reset my password, the messages were going to an email black hole. So, with the new email associated to my account I was able to reset my password, and now have access.