PDA

View Full Version : Wi-Fi video feeds

StephenB
02-17-2013, 03:21 PM
Anybody have any good solutions that they have used? I noticed this new toy on car-guy nation today...

http://www.carguynation.com/index.php/allan-s-weekly-picks-wk3/gopro-wi-fi-bacpac-wi-fi-remote-combo-kit.html

Stephen

On Edit: just realized this only goes 600' Any other solutions for us amatuers that would work all the way around the track!

Greg Amy
02-17-2013, 03:56 PM
The Wi-Fi spectrum does not have sufficient power and range to be able to stream to/from the same access point all around a race track, especially one like VIR. LRP *maybe*, but only if you set up your own tall high-power tower smack-dab in the middle of the infield, with sufficient power to go all the way around.

Now, if they could develop an attachment that used the cellphone as a transceiver, that may have a chance. But not wi-fi.

- GA

raffaelli
02-18-2013, 12:30 AM
If you have an amatuer radio license you csn broadcast a live tv feed from the car.

Ed Funk
02-18-2013, 08:23 AM
Just haven't gotten over your "Hold my beer, and watch this!", phase, have ya?

gran racing
02-18-2013, 11:35 AM
How would that work Chris? Any idea on what costs would be involved?

StephenB
02-19-2013, 12:26 AM
If you have an amatuer radio license you csn broadcast a live tv feed from the car.

Please tell... How do I do it! I am currently studying for my license...

Stephen

StephenB
02-19-2013, 12:28 AM
Just haven't gotten over your "Hold my beer, and watch this!", phase, have ya?

I am lucky to have crew and I would love to keep them interested at places like the glen... ;)