PDA

View Full Version : Improuved Touring Sports Racer Update

xmann
12-18-2012, 01:00 AM
Thanks to everyone, 95% positive feedback is great.

I have defined the Specs that I think will work and in a few years there may be 50 to 100 SR's running in the Emduro Groups, Regional SCCA allowing of course. Any input is always welcome.

I've made the site as clear as I can, www.daytonaprototypelight.com (http://www.daytonaprototypelight.com) , on the left is SCCA Rules and on the right is the Homebuilt IT Sports Racer Stuff.

I also came up with a 3rd class, up to 4000cc automotive fwd assy or a newer stock 1000cc Chain Drive, built with the 1 3/4" Tube Chassis Cockpit, it's 3" wider and will have 6 wheels, the 4 front wheels will be Miata with Wilwood 4 piston brakes, 225-45-15 's and the rear is as big of DOT Slicks as we can get.

The 2800cc and the 6-Wheelers will run in the ITS Group. The 1600cc cars will run in the SM & ITB Group.

The Open Top 1600cc I am currently building is a 96 Civie EX Drive Train, I used the Stock Upper A-arms because of time and my lack of a good machine shop. I'm doing the wreing harness right now the body work and mounting the shocks is next.

Thanks :dead_horse: Home building a car is hard, it is a lot like beating a dead mule

924Guy
12-18-2012, 09:23 AM
What kind of weights are you anticipating for these cars?

xmann
12-19-2012, 01:19 AM
The 1600cc cars should weigh 1100 lbs with the Civic drivetrain and there are lighter fwd's the Yaris and Mazda 2 looks very light. This class will run OEM Miata Front brakes like the Spec Miata. (This is 1 1/2" Tube)

The 2800cc cars should be another 100 lbs, this class will also run newer 600 Chain Drive Bike Motors, 636cc ect. they should weigh a little more than 900 lbs, all of the cars in this class will run the Wilwood 4 piston Miata big brake kit. (This is 1 1/2" Tube)

The 6 Wheeler Monster's will weigh 1700 to 1900 lbs with a SHO or 3.2 TL Drive Train and the 1000cc chain drive could be under 1400 lbs, The 1 3/4" Tube Chassis is not super heavy

I will Scan some hand drawings of the Tube Chassis and post them on the web site this weekend. I don't do Solid Works yet, I will help anyone that would be interested in doing some wire drawings or anything.

I plan to let people order a pre bent laser cut tube kit from Cartusion (it's something like that) or you can buy a tacked jig built Chassis Center Section (Main Hoop to the Nkee Hoop) from me or someone else, that is one of the few Spec Parts. You will build the front foot box and the rear end as you want.