PDA

View Full Version : What size ITA fields expected in 2013?

jimalley
11-30-2012, 09:39 PM
I am curious to know what size will the ITA race groups are expected to be here in the New England area before I commit to spending the $$$ to build a new engine.

There are some real good IT cars for sale in this region currently that may be money better spent that will provide larger fields in either ITB or ITR.

Who is planning to run in ITA?:shrug:

mossaidis
11-30-2012, 10:11 PM
Definitely running ITA in NARRC. Some minor weight reduction, ignition and aero developments are in the works.

Go to Kessler for your Miata re-build. Just sayin'.

kcolbey
11-30-2012, 11:10 PM
I also plan on running ITA, possibly in NARRC but I'm not 100% sure yet.

Dano77
12-01-2012, 10:34 AM
The local IT7 group is currently expanding. Buy a 7 and come wrestle a dinosaur....

Pump gas, 1 set of tires for the season,parts avaiable at CarQuest, and we have a guy in the class there.

Its stil in the ITA group and we have a lot of fun. Looks like 7-10 cars for 2013

Dan 77 IT7
Friend of 2011 and 2012 Champion JB Swan

Andy Bettencourt
12-01-2012, 11:17 AM
You won't see me in ITA much. Maybe the NARRC-offs or once at the Glen. Car for sale, looking at a 240Z project for ITS/Vintage.

raffaelli
12-01-2012, 11:40 AM
I will be in ITA again this year. I will be stepping up the number of events.

Abhi
12-01-2012, 11:54 AM
I will be running NERRC and NAARC with the Miata. Matt Kessler is building a new ITA motor for me. I wonder if it will feel much different than the SM motor I ran last year ?

Also planning to get data this year but have no idea which one to get. Any advice ?

I plan to spend more of my budget on seat time and coaching rather than on the car.

Abhi

jimalley
12-01-2012, 12:23 PM
Anyone know any likely ITA entries that don't follow this website.

Mickey - Honda
K. Colby - Honda
Raffaelli - Honda
Abhi - Miata

Sorry to hear Andy isn't planning on running more events. Pushes the rest of ITA to raise the bar with that car in the field.

BruceG
12-01-2012, 01:53 PM
Definitely running ITA in NARRC. Some minor weight reduction, ignition and aero developments are in the works.

Go to Kessler for your Miata re-build. Just sayin'.

Less baklava in the glove box should help with that,Mickey.....LOL

Abhi
12-01-2012, 02:35 PM

Mickey... You had baklava at the track and didn't share ?
I'm offended

mossaidis
12-01-2012, 03:21 PM

Not specific to baklava, losing my weight is part of the plan. Car is 30 lbs overweight with 3/8's tank. I weigh 190 and need to be at 175 lbs. My greek side is not at fault actually. I partly blame my danish side, my desk job, long hours, knee surgery and almost entirely in my inability to get the gym at 6:30am every morning. I started cycling and, soon, it will be daily (fingers crossed) intermixed with other aerobic stuff. Diet is not an issue, the issue is timing/frequency vs quantity.

Items for my car:
- New dizzy, wires, plugs, alt/ps belts, re-tune.
- AMB lap timer
- Removing the old key ignition as well as sunroof wiring (I am keeping power mirrors...)
- New lighter seat base with an optional enduro setup with a wider seat and sliders
- Looking to remove passenger side window and door guts to replace with NASCAR bars
- Replacing and painting front fenders, radiator sub-frame and front bumper cover
- Installing new airdam

ITA and slight off topic 2013 NARRC analysis:
- Most SM rides moved onto STL to double dip
- Some cars from the MARRS/NYRRS will make their mark on the NARRC points and upset the silo effect. On the very positive, they add to the ITA counts. Ed York, Mike Bletzacker, James Price, Steve Wheeler, Bruce Perry all come to mind.
- ProIT always takes a few ITA cars out of the mix, none are usually based out of New Eng area
- Any word from Tim K., Frederick, Ray Lee Chee, Mark Johnston, Rallo or Lawton?
- Huge loss w/o Andy in the entire picture (same for 2012), he provided the bar for most of us
- Look out for Brian Blizzard if he commits to the entire season, he's getting faster every year and is now certainly at the pointy end of the field
- Ahbi and his bad new skillz and motor makes him a wild card
- Denise has been cutting her times down at every NE track in the new Acura ride and with experience, let's assume she will race at least some, if not all, 2013 NARRC races
- Any word on Dan and the development/transfer to the new Acura shell? If it's a go, I assume the same schedule as Denise
- Whatever happened to Chris Chandler?
- Are Windell Holmes, Ed Funk and/or Shane Hawthrone rebuilding for 2013?
- I don't know if others are developing their cars or skills...

gran racing
12-01-2012, 04:38 PM
Also planning to get data this year but have no idea which one to get. Any advice ?

I might be selling my DL-1 since I won't be using it for the next couple of years anyway.

Greg Amy
12-01-2012, 05:02 PM
the one that everyone around you that you hang out with is using, so that there's data to compare to and people around you that can help. Typically within Northeast IT that has been the Race Technology DL1.

Dave's got a Dash-2 too, if you want to replace some gauges and get warnings.

Lawton says he's sitting out the season to recover from last year. Car needs some body work.

GA

Dano77
12-01-2012, 05:17 PM
UMM Excuse me Mr Lawton, Your RX7 is waiting.

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Dan 77 v3.0 on the way

Ed Funk
12-01-2012, 06:03 PM
We're coming back. Sharing at least the A & B cars.

Abhi
12-01-2012, 09:39 PM
the one that everyone around you that you hang out with is using, so that there's data to compare to and people around you that can help. Typically within Northeast IT that has been the Race Technology DL1.

Dave's got a Dash-2 too, if you want to replace some gauges and get warnings.

GA

Just looked it up on the website. Looks like it will connect to a Megasquirt 2 ECU also. My goal for buying it is more to improve my driving and less for tuning. Although with a DASH 2, I don't have to buy guages for oil and coolant that I was going to buy.

Calling Dave tomorrow to lowball him. :)

Abhi
12-01-2012, 09:48 PM
- - Replacing and painting front fenders, radiator sub-frame and front bumper cover

Really ???

Why spend the money? You will dent them up in Turn 3 anyway.
Ha Ha :dead_horse:

mossaidis
12-02-2012, 01:55 AM
Really ???

Why spend the money? You will dent them up in Turn 3 anyway.
Ha Ha :dead_horse:

Dead horse indeed my brown friend. The radiator sub-frame is bent from my racing impact at NJMP in 2010. So without a new one, any front aero devices would never be flush. Plus, I demand a perfect car. Period.

Greg Amy
12-02-2012, 08:19 AM
Plus, I demand a perfect car. For the first lap.
I'm sorry dude, this beating has gotten way out of hand - and way out of proportion.

But this is too tempting.

Very Big ;)

Seabee
12-02-2012, 10:44 AM
I should be back but on a limited season. Building a new house and the car needs a lot of rubbing after 'the flip' and it is still in the trailer since Sept.

Eric Maynard
12-02-2012, 11:02 AM
Hello All. I should be running a lot of ITA races this year. Just built a new motor (killed my other engine 8/4 at NHMS....). Still gaining speed and hope to be competitive with you guys this year. The Laser has the power and handling, I just have to get the loose nut behind the wheel up to speed...:)

Tom Blaney
12-02-2012, 12:45 PM
I suggest you sell the Miata, buy a good 88-91 Honda CRX Si, I'll build you a winning Bullet-Proof motor and you can join the "other than Miata" crowd and wave in victory circle ;)

Andy Bettencourt
12-02-2012, 01:15 PM
I suggest you sell the Miata, buy a good 88-91 Honda CRX Si, I'll build you a winning Bullet-Proof motor and you can join the "other than Miata" crowd and wave in victory circle ;)

You haven't heard? Impossible! Lol

StephF
12-02-2012, 05:01 PM
Which means you have less to lose once you have that first ding!
My theory anyway.....:D

ETA: Missed quoting Seabee in this one.

JLawton
12-03-2012, 09:24 AM
I don't plan on doing much if anything next year. "Maybe" do some Pro IT............ There "may" also be a hot shoe (better than me) who runs the car some next year........ If he runs it I'd go along and do STL just to get my four races in to keep my license. A lot depends on how motivated I am to fix the car. (which at this point is zero)

I'm having WAY to much fun with the new bike and my goal is to get that out on the track next season............

Raceman77
12-03-2012, 04:04 PM
well Jeff
i did hear there will be invites to come out and race an IT7. You i hear are on that nice short list. so maybe that will work for ya.

JB

jimalley
12-04-2012, 09:53 PM
What's the current count!

Mickey - Honda
K. Colby - Honda
Raffaelli - Honda
Abhi - Miata
Funk's - Honda
Frederick - Miata (part time)
E. Maynard - Laser
Denise - Acura
Dan - Acura ?
Blizzard - ?

When I first started racing ITA in 2006 this class had big starting numbers and a lot of good cars. Is it going to come back or are the better fields going to be in other IT groups?

Dano77
12-04-2012, 11:28 PM
Your forgetting about,

JB Swan RX7
Sheppard RX7
Patulo RX7
Bucela RX7
Faita RX7
Young RX7
Latuipe RX7
Ianacone RX7
Bolden RX7
The Stig RX7 Ok that is the spare unkown drivers car. Could be Amy, Lawton, Lentz, Gulik, Lee Chee.

All of these cars are ITA. We are just giving you a better shot at a trophy. :rolleyes:

wepsbee
12-05-2012, 04:43 PM
Planning on being in the field. Have new car, now begins the work!!:blink:

raffaelli
12-05-2012, 05:07 PM
+1 Dan!

Abhi
12-05-2012, 08:38 PM

Dan.. That is great news !!

JLawton
12-06-2012, 09:10 AM

Whatchya got????

(that is good news!)

JLawton
12-06-2012, 09:12 AM
Your forgetting about,

JB Swan RX7
Sheppard RX7
Patulo RX7
Bucela RX7
Faita RX7
Young RX7
Latuipe RX7
Ianacone RX7
Bolden RX7
The Stig RX7 Ok that is the spare unkown drivers car. Could be Amy, Lawton, Lentz, Gulik, Lee Chee.

All of these cars are ITA. We are just giving you a better shot at a trophy. :rolleyes:

I may go, hang out with you guys and not even race!! All the fun with none of the stress!

Seabee
12-08-2012, 12:09 AM
Jeff we should do a moto ride to WGI the long way.

Tkczecheredflag
12-24-2012, 01:57 PM
I am thinking about doing more ITA in NARRC for 2013 than I did in '12. May mix in some Pro-IT too.

jimalley
12-24-2012, 03:05 PM
Great news Tim! It appears the the ITA car counts should be respectful in 2013.

I ordered a long block from Mazda, so I am committed to reload and try to run more events in 2013.

Abhi
12-24-2012, 03:30 PM
Great news Tim! It appears the the ITA car counts should be respectful in 2013.

I ordered a long block from Mazda, so I am committed to reload and try to run more events in 2013.

How much is a long block these days ?

Abhi

jimalley
12-24-2012, 10:04 PM
How much is a long block these days ?

Abhi

Like everything else related to racing, too much:shrug:

lateapex911
12-26-2012, 11:38 AM
Jim, it's not just the size of the field, it's the QUALITY. I'd rather race against the national champ than 5 chumps, if you know what I mean. (not saying the ITA guys are chumps, no no no! LOL)

Ed Funk
12-26-2012, 12:26 PM
Chimps.

jimalley
12-26-2012, 07:10 PM
Jim, it's not just the size of the field, it's the QUALITY. I'd rather race against the national champ than 5 chumps, if you know what I mean. (not saying the ITA guys are chumps, no no no! LOL)

I agree. I think there is a good chance that there will be a number of well prepared cars in the ITA ranks. The quality or skill of the participants is another question:D:D
The larger the field usually means good racing for everyone as there always seems to be someone to race with! Something for everyone!

JLawton
12-27-2012, 08:53 AM
Now we just have to worry about the SMs coming in, bolting on 80lbs and kicking our ass's! :rolleyes:

jimalley
12-27-2012, 08:01 PM
Ok! I must have missed something:shrug: please explain! Are you telling me that the 99's can now race in ITA.

Andy Bettencourt
12-27-2012, 08:40 PM
Ok! I must have missed something:shrug: please explain! Are you telling me that the 99's can now race in ITA.

No, he is telling you that he can't beat the 1.8l SM's. :eclipsee_steering:

JLawton
12-28-2012, 10:20 AM
No, he is telling you that he can't beat the 1.8l SM's. :eclipsee_steering:

No............. I'm saying most of the Northeast ITA field (including myself) can't beat the SMs............

Ah yes, I remember the good old days of ITA where you wouldn't get in the top three at NHMS unless you were running 1:16s ..............

Andy Bettencourt
12-28-2012, 04:01 PM
No............. I'm saying most of the Northeast ITA field (including myself) can't beat the SMs............

Ah yes, I remember the good old days of ITA where you wouldn't get in the top three at NHMS unless you were running 1:16s ..............

But that was when you had a much faster car! :)

gran racing
12-28-2012, 04:26 PM
That was when he had more confidence in himself and the car. :(

Andy Bettencourt
12-28-2012, 05:55 PM
That was when he had more confidence in himself and the car. :(

No no. Miata's drive themselves. I hear that it's easy to get to the first 95% of their capability! :D

Seriously, it's great to have those hot-shoe SM guys in the class. They make for true measuring sticks. As the gap between IT and SM closes, it's harder to stay in front. Use them as bogeys to consistent improvement.

Some of those guys race almost every race weekend. They are sharp with excellent equipment. I could tell I was losing ground to them driver-skill-wise at the NARRC. Every time they drop the track record, I feel like I should be too. I wasn't sharp enough that weekend because I had raced twice in two years. Gotta keep on improving to be the best.