PDA

View Full Version : racing seats for umm ... wide ... butt?

blueray
11-06-2012, 07:46 AM
Picked up the 944 last weekend. It has a super-nice Momo seat in it unfortunately my oversize posterior doesn't fit in it worth a dang. Need something I can actually drive. I'm about 5' 10" and 40-42" waist. not anywhere near skinny. I've been looking online at measurements and such but no place really has consolidation. Anyone have a recommendation? There is a local shop I'm going to try to swing by and see what they have. Just wonder if there's anything y'all would recommend?

Thanks - Bryan

Chip42
11-06-2012, 08:07 AM
sparco EVO II-US or EVO - III are both pretty good for bigger butts. the III is larger than the II US.

if you want a seat with head wings, you might need to look at aluminum - buttler, lajoie, etc... most of the FIA seats are smaller and few have oversize wing seats. sparco has the circuit-II but it's likely not quite big enough.

if you choose to go sparco, call LTB-Autosports. Luis has the best prices and service for sparco and momo products (and other stuff) you will find.

Matt93SE
11-06-2012, 09:53 AM
I'm just about your size and run a Kirkey Intermediate- I think 19"- seat. I went to a local roundy-round shop and they had about a dozen seats in stock that I was able to sit in and try out.

The new car I just bought has another Kirkey in it that is even larger than the one I currently have, and it's also got more wings and such hanging off it. Not sure which seat it is, but I can try to grab a couple photos if you need.

Anyway, try looking at some Kirkey and Ultralight seats. pretty inexpensive, comfy, and fit with my spare tire.

ribbie78
11-06-2012, 10:00 AM
^another for kirkey. We used one in our LeMon and then I bought another for the ITB car. Very affordable, very light, lots of width choices. Can't remember what size I got...

DoubleXL240Z
11-06-2012, 10:33 AM
I'm an Ultrashield dealer. Hit me up with measurements. I have a 17 in here you can sit in. I'm only 6'4" and 280. I'm in Central Florida

Dano77
11-06-2012, 10:17 PM
You have mail.

Simon T.
11-06-2012, 10:20 PM
Corbeau use to make a Forza "wide" seat, I had one that came with a car I bought once, it was wide alright! :023: