What do you want? This is our series.

Drew M
11-05-2012, 11:24 AM
Keep the grand-am weekend, if possible.

Terry Hanushek
11-05-2012, 04:04 PM
Drew

Keep the grand-am weekend, if possible.

Unfortunately Grand-Am has chosen to bypass NJMP next year so we will be unable to repeat last year's great season opener. We are exploring other opportunities for pro support races but don't have anything definite yet.

Terry

ner88
11-05-2012, 05:14 PM
PRO MIATA!:shrug:

StephF
11-05-2012, 07:21 PM
pro miata!:shrug:

gaaahhhh!

vicktorvolpe
11-05-2012, 10:51 PM
PRO MIATA!:shrug:

Pro-Miata was a pretty popular series back in the day.....don't know how well it would hold up now. Tough economy, and most of the guys who ran pro-miata are now pro drivers, but I don't think it would draw like it used to.

That being said most miata guys like racing with miatas.

-Vick
another miata guy

mossaidis
11-05-2012, 10:59 PM
whatev...

vicktorvolpe
11-06-2012, 07:56 AM
whatev...

you're just jealous because if we run the same group and I sign up first, you have to change your number!

:)

In all seriousness, my decision to run pro-it really depends on who else is running it. If I get a chance to have some good racing with some friends, I'm in.

ITA_honda
11-06-2012, 09:39 AM
How about Mid-Ohio? In conjunction with the IT fest?

Drew M
11-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Drew

Unfortunately Grand-Am has chosen to bypass NJMP next year so we will be unable to repeat last year's great season opener. We are exploring other opportunities for pro support races but don't have anything definite yet.

Terry

Aw man, that's disappointing, but thanks for the update, Terry.

you're just jealous because if we run the same group and I sign up first, you have to change your number!

:)

In all seriousness, my decision to run pro-it really depends on who else is running it. If I get a chance to have some good racing with some friends, I'm in.

Make new friends.

ner88
11-06-2012, 12:14 PM
If I were king!
Pro Miata would be 4 classes within
SSM
SM2
SM
SM OPEN (per STL rules)
:023:

Drew M
11-06-2012, 01:02 PM
Would it be possible to run the chicane again at Thunderbolt?

Drew M
11-06-2012, 01:59 PM
It appears Lime Rock is looking for support races for the May 24/25 Trans-Am weekend, as well as the July 4-6 ALMS/ World Challenge weekend.

dtanthon
11-06-2012, 02:12 PM
Appears Memorial Day at LRP will not work. NHIS, WGI and Nelson have races on the schedule.

We can use the chicane on Thunderbolt. Be interesting running the regional without it and Pro IT with it on the same weekend. The pro races there use the chicane as well.

Appears World Challenge is going to LRP with the ALMS this year. We would be a good fit for that. Weekend before the 4th is NJMP on Lightning. I expect Pro IT to run on Lightning. But we would fit well on the 4th.

Mid-Ohio would be nice. Maybe have a new Pro IT series out in Ohio area (Mid-O, Indy, Nelson, Pitt, etc...) ? Real easy to set up. Then we can have a northeast, southeast and great lakes super event?

But remember, I just write the checks and make suggestions, dream a lot too. We have a few people looking into what events we can support. Gathering ideas on how we can make this better. Mmmmm .... Pro Miata .....

StephenB
11-06-2012, 09:34 PM
I would love to see 1 race per track, instead of so many in NJ. I would also like to see them more spread apart than last year. I just couldn't afford that many trips to NJ so early in the year.

I am sad to see Grand-AM leave NJ. That is a great track and it was a great event to participate in and spectate at.

I would love to be the support race for Grand-Am at Mid-ohio. Last year they did it and it was super cheap! Lets partner with them and make it a Big show to gain interest in SCCA in what seems like more and more of a NASA territory. For $250bucks it was cheaper for me to pay the gas to get to that race than Jersey...

I would also love to be the support race at the SCCA Pro (World Challenge) race at LRP but I am scared on what the entry fee may be. Not sure we could afford it. I kow I wouldn't personally pay over 5 big bills to go.

I also think it would be awesome if we partnered with the southern Pro-It series and created a "shoot-out" somewhere in the middle at the end of the year. I think using the award money towards some type of tow fund or free entries or something similar to put on a northern Vs Southern battle would be pretty cool. My idea would be no more prize fund BUT if you participate in 1/2 of the events you get a FREE entry into an event maybe at VIR or Summitt (Something in the middle on a "neutral" track.) The prize money would go into funding those entries and possible a tow fund as well. I would think the MARRS series would like this as well because we would be just adding a run group (That they would make some money on from us using our prize money) and from several people paying to be in the regional they host for the extra prize money. Ohhhh on second thought make it the weekend of the 12hr at VIR... that would be cool!!! 12 hr at VIR with the North VS South Pro-IT battle!!!

OK starting to get excited, I am going to stop now :)

Stephen

PS: I am still in support of a split start with a Pro-Miata group. It's the biggest thing happening in SCCA and has been for years. I would love to capitalize on it, unless of course we are selling out every race weekend already.

Drew M
11-08-2012, 11:53 AM
I would love to see 1 race per track.

I wouldn't mind a race at NHIS

tmunroe22
11-08-2012, 12:11 PM
Limerock. NHMS?? I know alot of people hat it, but there are alot of racers close to it.

dtanthon
11-21-2012, 01:24 PM
What we have so far for a 2013 schedule is:

Round 1 - May 11 (test 10) - Pocono - North/South Option 2 clockwise
Round 2 - June 29-30 (test 28) - NJMP-Lightning
Round 3 - July 20-21 - Watkins Glen
Round 4&5 - July 26-28 - NJMP-Thunderbolt w/ARCA, TransAm and PCA (Chicane?)
Round 6 - August 17-18 (test 16) - NJMP-Thunderbolt
Round 7 - October 5-6 - Watkins Glen

Round 1 - Pocono infield has been torn up and repaved. The infield track is much wider (45') and the runoff areas are graded. There are FIA curbs in all the right places too. We will be using both infield sections. Look at NNJR (http://scca-nnjr.org/NNJR_Race/PIRRoadCourseInteractiveQ05O-Copy.pdf)site for the track options, we are on the North/South Option 2 clockwise. Test day on Friday as well. What other configurations look interesting?

We are still looking for other dates at existing and new tracks.

Only tight spot is Watkins Glen then the following week with ARCA/TransAm.

dtanthon
12-07-2012, 02:28 PM
Pro IT Awards in conjunction with South Jersey Region Awards & NJRRS Awards

2012 Champions
John Hainsworth - ITS
Robert Thiele - ITR
Yiannis Tsiounis - SM
Steven Noake - ITB
Douglas Case - ITA

Saturday January 19, 2013
New Jersey Motorsports Park Officer's Club

Only $25/person

location NJMP Officer's Club ('The Big Hangar' inside Thunderbolt)
time 6pm cocktails, 7pm dinner and awards
cost $25 (beer & wine included) plus cash bar

registration (http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001JJVeNhTFtG3zhTP7tmSSjEa_DQWVqe0vL0YaqS PsGgf2wyXPPpQM1J41GjgZpKe4rhzHapm9p77lrwLP8aptKBXu A4lCXiftq-gLOVEmN1pFIcTsjo8_oLpDEmacvqarAC5HY7Wi-zBDsh1oHeG3rzg-2gzQbArQ1m3Dybfw4u1x5wc3owQWr3E0QSMtR6nICvB0ZQBxk0 M=)
Online at www.dlbracing.com (http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001JJVeNhTFtG1ITW_-ZVDkPgniM0aCjrg8543NVaBxe_ixD-H6Vl4CV8TDe1W1eS5GjQ2OFUOzRbzzaD-LRa4hibhAApQawlO5RHSOwvTztLTNz5blGsEsYA==)