PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pres. Update!

jimbbski
10-02-2012, 11:56 PM
I spent some time this evening trying to get this thing to run correctly. It has in the past so I know it has to be something that's just out of adjustment. Well I think I finally figured it out.

I'm no VW expert, far from it. Give me a Ford, any Ford engine and I know what I'm doing but with CIS-E injection I'm lost. What I found out was that I was using the wrong mark on the flywheel to set my timing! Duh! The timing was WAY retarded and I feel retarded for making that mistake!

Now that I have the timing set to 6 deg BTDC she runs much better with a steady idle and will rev up when I open the throttle and return to idle and not die as it wanted to do before. I have not driven it yet, I still have to do some road testing to confirm things and make additional small adjustments to the injection system. IF that goes well I should be able to run a couple of 50 lap races at BFR on the 20 & 21st of OCT at BFR to end my season.

Flyinglizard
10-03-2012, 08:03 AM
My book has the pic and procedure for finding the correct mark. I was pretty sure that you have the book ? If not, email me and I'lsend it to you. Pay me later if it has gains for you. It will.
MM