PDA

View Full Version : Summit Pt "Something Different" team Relay Oct 6-7 - who's in???

Kai Noeske
10-01-2012, 03:14 PM
Oct 6/7 WDCR fun event at Summit - Saturday has the usual qualifier and 10 lap race, Sunday has a 100 lap team relay event!!!

Teams consist of 2-4 cars, stints are 25 laps each, no driver may drive back to back stints. Teams start from pit lane and are assigned time penalties in the form of start delays based on the car classes in the team and the Summit track records of each class.

Teams can register on a sign-in board thats up until Saturday PM. Drivers not in a team by then will be grouped in teams at a drivers meeting.

I'm IN! Who's going??? This is going to be AWESOME!!! :026::026::026:

Supps here: http://www.wdcr-scca.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=8vyxipKRjD8%3d&tabid=353&mid=3730

evanwebb
10-04-2012, 07:25 PM
I think it's ridiculous.

slopok
10-04-2012, 07:45 PM
I think it's ridiculous.

Oh don't be a Debbie Downer yet give it a chance

evanwebb
10-05-2012, 12:19 PM
Sure, I wish it good luck but I think the entry list reflects others are similarly unenthused... Non-points race in October? hmm...

924Guy
10-08-2012, 07:51 AM
Sounds like it was fun - but would've been more exciting if gridded/handicapped based on actual lap times, not class records?

We had a handicapped non-team race scheduled for the end of the weekend at Mid-O, but canceled due to lack of turnout/motivation (Mud-Ohio lived up to its name yet again!). The 1-hr enduro Sat afternoon, for comparison, had 34 cars entered/starting...

jjjanos
10-08-2012, 10:14 AM
Sounds like it was fun - but would've been more exciting if gridded/handicapped based on actual lap times, not class records?

I think EMRA tried that one year for the 4-hour race at Summit based on the fastest time turned during the afternoon practice. They had SMs turning 4 minute laps.

924Guy
10-08-2012, 10:32 AM
I believe the scheme they intended to use for this one (Mid-O) was to use your quali times for your regular session. Have fun sandbagging that one... :D

Oh, also, I think there was some mention of indexing WRT lap record... but I'm too lazy to look up the supps right now...