PDA

View Full Version : New old IT driver

hdjimbu
09-28-2012, 09:49 AM
Hi all- Just wanted to introduce myself to the Northeast group. After being away for about 20 years I've decided to get back into roadracing. I'll be at the drivers school next weekend at The Glen. I'll be in the ITA Ford Focus so stop by and say hi if you're in the neighborhood.

-Jim-

JeffYoung
09-28-2012, 10:00 AM
Woohoo! Welcome.

We have an ITA Focus down here in the SEDiv (MIchael Sperber) that is really coming along in development.

Glad to have you back.

rthiele
09-28-2012, 10:21 AM
Welcome back, Jim! Looking forward to seeing you at the Glen.

dhardison
09-28-2012, 11:07 AM
What year/model Focus Jim? I sold my ITA Focus a few years back. Curious if it might be the same one.

hdjimbu
09-28-2012, 11:26 AM
Thanks all for the welcome. Reading about Sperber's Focus on another forum was part of the inspiration for buying this one. It's a 2000 ZX-3, black. Found it out in Cleveland. It was originally an SSC car.

dhardison
09-28-2012, 12:36 PM
Thanks all for the welcome. Reading about Sperber's Focus on another forum was part of the inspiration for buying this one. It's a 2000 ZX-3, black. Found it out in Cleveland. It was originally an SSC car. Cool! That was my very first race car! I sold it to Todd Ayers a few years back and saw he had it up for sale earlier this year. I bought it from a racer in PA back in October-2007, raced it in SSC my rookie season then sold it to Todd in July-2008 (here's the original FS thread: http://www.improvedtouring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22615).

Enjoy the car!

hdjimbu
09-28-2012, 01:26 PM
I bought it from Todd a few months ago. Excited to get going in it and do some racing!:eclipsee_steering:

Ed Funk
09-28-2012, 02:48 PM
What did you race 20 years ago? I've been racing in the NEDiv for the past 23 years...maybe I would remember you or your car. We'll be at Watkins next weekend...see you then.

MSPERBER
09-28-2012, 09:36 PM
Howdy, remember you cannot win a drivers school, just finish, then call me, Todd had started to make some great improvements to dans ssc car. Dan is a wealth of focus knowledge, but please feel free to contact me I would love to assist in showing those imports the oval can run with those miaaaatas. :)

kcolbey
09-30-2012, 11:06 AM
Jim,
I will be at the event in the tower. I'll also likely be in the classroom for at least a few minutes. I'll have to make sure that I introduce myself at some point during the event. I'm sure our paths will cross again in the future, as I just started with my ITA car, too.

hdjimbu
10-01-2012, 09:41 AM
Ed Funk- I just found some old paperwork. My first driver's school was at Pocono in May, 1989. I had a '83 or '84 VW GTI,back when that car ran in ITA. Had an ITB Rabbit after that. Mostly ran Lime Rock.

Msperber- I think you've answered a few questions for me over at the focaljet forum. I have tons of questions, just didn't want to become a PITA by asking too many.

dhardison
10-01-2012, 10:24 AM
Ed Funk- I just found some old paperwork. My first driver's school was at Pocono in May, 1989. I had a '83 or '84 VW GTI,back when that car ran in ITA. Had an ITB Rabbit after that. Mostly ran Lime Rock.

Msperber- I think you've answered a few questions for me over at the focaljet forum. I have tons of questions, just didn't want to become a PITA by asking too many.Jim, Feel free to hit me up with any questions you might have as well (I sent you a PM last week offering the same). Email or call (dan_hardison AT yahoo DOT com / 7 four 0 - five 1 three - nine 4 two 8).