PDA

View Full Version : It's arrived

Andy69
09-13-2012, 05:35 AM
I posted about this back in April. I was going to fly out and drive it back but work got in the way. Shipper just dropped it off on Tuesday evening. Can;t wait to get behind the wheel.

CRallo
09-13-2012, 08:52 AM
I remember reading... Sweet! Best of luck with it!

tom91ita
09-13-2012, 10:00 AM
Andy,

nice!

what are your plans and where abouts are you?

oh, what makes this ITE?

Andy69
09-13-2012, 07:24 PM
Andy,

nice!

what are your plans and where abouts are you?

oh, what makes this ITE?

I'm in Memphis. Going to try autocross at first, then see what other mischief I can get into :)

Not sure why it's ITE and not, what is it, ITB?

ShelbyRacer
09-14-2012, 10:37 AM

Should be B. Perhaps a JDM engine? B16/B18 swap at one point? Turbo engine at some time previously? Most places run ITE or ITX as a run-whatever-you-want-if-it-has-a-cage-and-extinguisher class...

tom91ita
09-14-2012, 11:20 AM
I'm in Memphis. Going to try autocross at first, then see what other mischief I can get into :)

Memphis to Road Atlanta must be ~ 8 hours?

you should go to the ARRC to crew / hang out with the IT folks.

Andy69
09-25-2012, 08:55 AM
I'll have to ask her why it was in that class. I remember her saying something about having to have an extra 100 lbs in the car to be in the class she was in so she switched. I'll have to get the whole story.

Atlanta is 6 hours from Memphis. I'm not thinking about that part yet. I have yet to even see the car in person even though it's sitting in my driveway. Traveling job keeps me away a lot. First step it going to be to give it a tune up and take it for a spin around the neighborhood :-)

pballance
09-25-2012, 09:01 PM
Memphis to Road Atlanta must be ~ 8 hours?

you should go to the ARRC to crew / hang out with the IT folks.

+1, I don't think I will race this year. I will either crew for one of the guys I normally travel with (DSR and F-600) or work. Then again, I may just get the urge to be another pack filler for the fast guys. LOL

Come hang out with us regardless. Might as well get to know us since we will be racing with you eventually. Welcome to the fray...

Paul

Andy69
10-03-2012, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the invite.

I just took the car out last night for a spin. I'm used to my 60s muscle cars that, while they handle pretty well thanks to the suspension upgrades, are still pretty large cars and handle accordingly. This little car felt like a cart. And it has about as much room as one. It requires some contortions on my part to get my 6'1" 240 lb lardass self into but I do fit. I have to duck my head to see under the roll bar at lights though.

So, the question is, how do I go about finding some trouble to get into :cavallo:

CRallo
10-03-2012, 02:00 PM
oh that is the easy part :D

Andy69
10-12-2012, 09:34 PM
I signed up to go run over some cones in Millington on Sunday.

Going to see if I can get someone to videotape the carnage for me :)