PDA

View Full Version : Camping at Lime Rock Saturday night???

RSTPerformance
09-12-2012, 11:39 PM
Can we? Anyone done this before?

CRallo
09-13-2012, 12:37 AM
Most likely not in the sense that you are referring too... But there is often a group that camps out in lights field Saturday night. I and a lady friend were part of that group two years ago.

RSTPerformance
09-13-2012, 11:00 AM
Outside the gate is fine in the field by registration is fine (I am guessing that is what you are talking about)... should I call the track and see if it is ok in that field or does a group of people already do that.

Raymond

raffaelli
09-13-2012, 10:56 PM
The Scouts will be camping around the skid pad that weekend.

StephF
09-14-2012, 07:55 AM
The field outside registration is privately owned.
They might have camping Saturday night due to being overrun with Boy scouts.
Bring your snuggies...it's usually colder than my heart at night this time of year. :D

CRallo
09-14-2012, 08:17 AM
Outside the gate is fine in the field by registration is fine (I am guessing that is what you are talking about)... should I call the track and see if it is ok in that field or does a group of people already do that.

Raymond

Not sure... I think someone usually calls. Dick was one of the outside campers one year, he may have additional insight. Doesn't hurt to call and ask.

The Scouts will be camping around the skid pad that weekend.

The scouts usually take up much more than that, but nit picking aside they traditionally move out after the event on Saturday...

The field outside registration is privately owned.
They might have camping Saturday night due to being overrun with Boy scouts.
Bring your snuggies...it's usually colder than my heart at night this time of year. :D

We are being overrun! LOL

hey, don't forget, it is two whole weeks earlier!!!!! :D that means less chance of rain too...

Magical Trevor
09-14-2012, 10:22 AM
So long as you're respectful and pick up everything when leaving (and I know we're all good for that), the outfield beside Registration (Lights Field) is fine Saturday (or any other) night. CT Yankee Council Boy Scouts of America arrive Friday night, leave Saturday afternoon in impressive numbers, covering the infield courses. It's definitely worth it for the kids (and the Club as they're all potential enthusiasts/fans and members) to interact with them. I try to get them on to the race track after the worker party Friday, that was the coolest thing about LRP for me as a kid. I always encourage the families to check everyone out in the paddock and seek autographs from all you star race car drivers, too!

StephF
09-15-2012, 07:22 AM
My favorite memories of the Boy Scouts was watching them gleefully accept people's take offs then haul them up onto the walk over bridge where they then bounced them down the staircase.
Too bad for them I was sitting I the outfield with a radio. The look on their collective faces when the head of security loomed over them was priceless. :D

Magical Trevor
09-15-2012, 08:15 PM
Were you worried the tire would bounce into the stream, or... ?
One of my least favorite things about LRP as a kid (and now) was the excessive zeal of some of the "security" staff.

Ed Funk
09-16-2012, 07:55 AM
Did any of the Scouts ever disappear?

StephF
09-16-2012, 08:03 AM
Were you worried the tire would bounce into the stream, or... ?
One of my least favorite things about LRP as a kid (and now) was the excessive zeal of some of the "security" staff.

No. I was more concerned with the people who were trying to walk UP the staircase as the tires were bouncing down.
You know...over zealous security trying to avoid lawsuits and shit like that.....:rolleyes:

Magical Trevor
09-16-2012, 08:15 PM
Fair enough! It's true that the walkway isn't always completely vacant (though most frequently it is), I forgot there might actually be some other spectators out there (I know there were more in the past)...