PDA

View Full Version : NEOHIO'S "Son of Spook-tacular" Quad Regional October 20-21, 2012

ITA_honda
09-02-2012, 08:47 PM
Come out and join NEOHIO SCCA for our "Son of Spook-tacular" Quad Regional October 20-21, 2012 at Nelson Ledges Road Course. Yes..quad means FOUR races in ONE weekend. You did the math correctly!!

Races will be 15 and 20 laps each day...LOTS of track time!

CASH PRIZES to be awarded for top finishing competitors in our 20 lap PURSUIT RACE!! :023:

This will be part of the Great Lakes Division Championship Series..this will make ALL the difference in the point standings. Championships can be WON or LOST this very weekend! :blink:

SUPER SWEEP AWARD goes to any driver that wins all FOUR races:smilie_pokal:

Would you like to be on pole position for your class? I mean who wouldnt?! Get your paid entry to the registrar FIRST for the grid for Race 1 on Saturday!

Supps and registration can be found on the NEOHIO SCCA website by visiting www.neohio-scca.org. For online entries visit www.motorsportreg.com (online registration will be open shortly) :024:

Hope to see you all there!!

jumbojimbo
09-03-2012, 10:51 AM
I'm really looking forward to this event. Last year was a blast and I was just 1 win away from a sweep!

The pursuit race will be cool. We'll probably have 5 or more ITC cars starting within a few seconds of each other.

ITA_honda
09-03-2012, 08:30 PM
I'm really looking forward to this event. Last year was a blast and I was just 1 win away from a sweep!

The pursuit race will be cool. We'll probably have 5 or more ITC cars starting within a few seconds of each other.

Remember Jim, there is always this year for the sweep! Always enjoy watching you guys. Royal wants me to put a 1.5 in my car and come run with ITC!!

:026:

dhardison
09-04-2012, 07:36 AM
Royal wants me to put a 1.5 in my car and come run with ITC!!:026:

DO IT! I'm seriously considering converting to and running ITC next season. :023:

I really like the new schedule for the quad race and the pursuit race is a nice plus.

ITA_honda
09-04-2012, 05:45 PM
DO IT! I'm seriously considering converting to and running ITC next season. :023:

I really like the new schedule for the quad race and the pursuit race is a nice plus.

A lot of drivers liked this format last year so we will continue with the same format. We increased the race length per request and inputs from last year. SO bring all your tires, we're going to burn thru em before winter!!:D

ITA_honda
09-06-2012, 07:50 AM
**Online registration is now open on motorsportreg.com! Here we go! Lets get those entries in!:024:

dhardison
09-06-2012, 08:00 AM
**Online registration is now open on motorsportreg.com! Here we go! Lets get those entries in!:024:

Greg, that event doesn't currently appear in the MotorSportsReg calendar but here's the direct link:

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/79BB24C3-A680-1E10-2AA4002F41E737A1

jumbojimbo
09-06-2012, 08:53 AM
Greg, that event doesn't currently appear in the MotorSportsReg calendar but here's the direct link:

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/79BB24C3-A680-1E10-2AA4002F41E737A1

Wahoo, I'm on the pole.

I also had to use the direct link, searching in the calendar didn't show the event, I wonder if it takes a day or two before it appears in the calendar?

downingracing
09-06-2012, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the link!!! 'IN' for ITA. :)

Racerlinn
09-06-2012, 11:25 AM
Actually considering this, but not looking forward to a 6 hour drive.....
And it better not snow.

jumbojimbo
09-06-2012, 12:18 PM
Actually considering this, but not looking forward to a 6 hour drive.....
And it better not snow.

You can warm up at the heated brewpub 15 minutes away. Stay away from the raspberry wheat though. Yuk.

Racerlinn
09-06-2012, 03:27 PM
You can warm up at the heated brewpub 15 minutes away. Stay away from the raspberry wheat though. Yuk.

Will they let me sleep there?

ITA_honda
09-06-2012, 04:21 PM
Will they let me sleep there?

Id make you sleep outside :D

ITA_honda
09-06-2012, 05:19 PM
Im "IN" for ITA as well, looks like Ill be starting 3rd right next to Matt Downing :) Its on!!

ITA_honda
09-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Entries are looking strong with still over a month to go before the race weekend! Already four cars signed up for the persuit race. Keep those entries coming in! Promises to be a very fun event and your LAST CHANCE to race before the snow balls fly! So hide your wife and hide your kids! We're going racin boys!:p

downingracing
09-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Is there a track day or test-n-tune on the Friday before (like last year)? Figure I should drive the track in the Civic since the last time my car was on that track was 1999 and it was in SS trim. :o

Would like the day to try some changes to the shocks, bars and tire pressures to see what I can get to work. I'm guessing those 1000# springs are going to beat me to death...

ITA_honda
09-10-2012, 07:26 AM
Is there a track day or test-n-tune on the Friday before (like last year)? Figure I should drive the track in the Civic since the last time my car was on that track was 1999 and it was in SS trim. :o

Would like the day to try some changes to the shocks, bars and tire pressures to see what I can get to work. I'm guessing those 1000# springs are going to beat me to death...

Matt - Nelson Ledges usually always hosts a non-sanctioned SCCA test day prior to race weekend.:023:

jumbojimbo
09-10-2012, 12:59 PM
Matt - Nelson Ledges usually always hosts a non-sanctioned SCCA test day prior to race weekend.:023:

There is a test&tune / fun day scheduled for Friday Oct 19.
They split the cars into test&tune race cars in one group and fun day cars in the other.
You can do the full day or just a half day.

You should take video so we can sit around the fire Friday night making fun of your lines and drinking beer.

http://www.nelsonledges.com/GOTSchedulesDetail.aspx?eventID=100&thisMonth=10

downingracing
09-10-2012, 08:57 PM
...You should take video so we can sit around the fire Friday night making fun of your lines and drinking beer.

http://www.nelsonledges.com/GOTSchedulesDetail.aspx?eventID=100&thisMonth=10

You know it! There will be video and it will be good for a laugh over beers!!!

(and thanks for the link!)

ITA_honda
09-11-2012, 07:26 AM
You know it! There will be video and it will be good for a laugh over beers!!!

(and thanks for the link!)

Matt - you need to make sure you drink plenty of "liquid" Saturday night to make sure you are good and "hydrated" for Sunday's race :D:p

ITA_honda
09-12-2012, 07:28 AM
Okay lets look at the current Improved Touring registration numbers so far with still over a month to go before registration closes!:

ITR: 0
ITS: 1
ITA: 4
ITB: 3
ITC: 5

ITA_honda
09-14-2012, 08:37 AM
Just a quick update here:

16 class poles have already been set! GT1, GT2, ITR, ITS, ITA, ITB, ITC, SM, EP, HP, SPU, STL, STU, DSR, SR and FV.

Will you be the next to snatch a pole position for this event?! Get your paid entry in and you will be!

Looks like we finally have an ITS entrant, Mark Keefer in his Mazda RX-7. Fast car, faster driver.

Where are you ITE drivers? Come out for a great event!!

More updates to follow as the days count down to the Son of Spook-tacular quad regional at Nelson Ledges Road Course!

ITA_honda
09-26-2012, 08:31 AM
Hey everyone! Just a quick update:

12 persuit race entries so far. That is going to be a fun race to watch (and even better to run!, hint hint :D)

Lets see the Improved Touring entries thus far with a little less than a month to go before the races:

ITE: 0
ITR: 1
ITS: 2
ITA: 4
ITB: 3
ITC: 6

*And I just noted the slower the classes, the more entries! ITC guys are a blast to watch! So much fun

Hope to see you all there! And as always, if you have any questions/concerns dont hesitate to post on here or email me: [email protected]

ITA_honda
10-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Another update here guys:
15 entries for the persuit race including everything from an ITC car to a GT-1. NOW THAT should be good!

Lets take another look at the entries thus far:

ITE: 0
ITA: 6
ITB: 4

*Looks like a tie with ITA and ITC for most class entries. Where are you the loud and proud ITE guys?! You going to let it be a four cylinder show down?!:shrug: Get those entries in! :D

jumbojimbo
10-03-2012, 12:17 AM
What's the plan for letting the ITC cars go for the pursuit race? Line us up 4 wide and we all go at the same time?

downingracing
10-03-2012, 06:43 AM
What's the plan for letting the ITC cars go for the pursuit race? Line us up 4 wide and we all go at the same time?

I can't wait to watch this ^. The ITC race will (hopefully) be as awesome as all the other GLDiv ITC races!!! :happy204:

ITA_honda
10-03-2012, 08:12 AM

You will start 4 wide on the pit lane. We give you the "go" and you start. Remember only 3 cars wide can fit under the bridge at pit out so I hope you get a good jump! LOL!:blink:

Racerlinn
10-03-2012, 08:49 AM
Still just a tentative for me - will be a late decision if I can bump the ITA count any higher.

Abhi
10-04-2012, 04:28 PM
Does the track sell infield passes for spectators. I was going to be in the area on that Saturday and wanted to check out the event. I've never been to Nelson Ledges.

I run in ITA up here in the Northeast and would like to check out IT racing in another region.

Thanks
Abhi

jumbojimbo
10-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Does the track sell infield passes for spectators. I was going to be in the area on that Saturday and wanted to check out the event. I've never been to Nelson Ledges.

I run in ITA up here in the Northeast and would like to check out IT racing in another region.

Thanks
Abhi

Yes. But we also just put you on someones crew list.

ITA_honda
10-07-2012, 06:33 AM
18 entered for the persuit race so far!

A look at current entries for the club races:

ITE: 1
ITA: 7
ITB: 4

We now have entries in every improved touring class! Way to go guys! Registration closes October 16th.:024:

jumbojimbo
10-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Let's hope this forecast holds out. Cool but dry. Let's set some more lap records on Saturday.
Sat Oct 20 http://s.imwx.com/v.20120328.084252/img/wxicon/70/30.png54° 38°Partly Cloudy Chance of rain: 20%

Sun Oct 21 http://s.imwx.com/v.20120328.084252/img/wxicon/70/26.png 51° 38° Cloudy Chance of rain: 20%

gweatherlow
10-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Guys, I wont be able to make the Spook-tacular after all. We sold our house in INDY and are moving back to the Charlotte NC area. The sale come quicker than I had imagined! I will really miss the Great Lakes Div racers I got to know over the last few years! You are all great racers who are always willing to help when needed and I will miss racing with all you guys.:(

I do plan on racing in SAARC next year but really hope/want to return for some events when possible.

Good luck and take care!

Gary

Racerlinn
10-12-2012, 03:00 PM
Good luck Gary, take care yourself.

downingracing
10-14-2012, 07:27 PM
Steve,

You going to make it?? I still don't see you on the entry list. Down to 5 ITA cars... I'm sure your car would do great at Nelson. If you come - I'll get you that bolt back! Thanks for the use of it. It did GREAT as a temp solution for several years. :blink:

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the track! What a great way to end the season!!! Sorry you won't be there Gary - was looking forward to running with you. Good luck on your new 'home'. Hope to see you at some Mid-Ohio race down the road!!

ITA_honda
10-15-2012, 07:22 AM
Steve Linn come on out to Nelsons! I agree with Matt your twin cam Nissan would be GREAT. Nelson is a power track by far. I think you will do very well there. Only a few more days guys!

ITE: 3
ITS: 4
ITA: 5
ITB: 5
ITC: 8

LETS DO THIS! :026:

Racerlinn
10-16-2012, 08:59 AM
Out.... :(

gt40jim
10-16-2012, 10:10 AM
Docs in ITR BMW Greg Peluso ITS RX7 and Bill Cowards 1.6 SM Saturday only for all three guys!

dhardison
10-16-2012, 10:16 AM
Currently need 6 more Spec Miatas so they can get their own run group!

I have enough body work to fix this winter, don't need more! :rolleyes:

downingracing
10-16-2012, 10:47 AM
Out.... :(

Bummer man... My mother asked if you were going to be there - for some strange reason she thinks you are a nice guy. She asked if my 'friend from Indy' was coming to the Nelson race. :)

No bolt return for you yet then... I'll save it when I pull it off and make sure you get it back. Or maybe I should hold onto it for the next time I have that issue and need a repair! It has worked great for many years!

ribbie78
10-16-2012, 03:24 PM
Any room on someone's crew list for 2? Amanda and I had our wedding two weeks ago and haven't made a race this year.

Hoping to see Saturday's festivities. The Pursuit Race should be great!

ITA_honda
10-16-2012, 07:01 PM
Any room on someone's crew list for 2? Amanda and I had our wedding two weeks ago and haven't made a race this year.

Hoping to see Saturday's festivities. The Pursuit Race should be great!

Give me your first and last names and I can put you on mine

ITA_honda
10-19-2012, 07:27 AM
Weather forcast for this weekend:

Today: (test day) Mostly cloudy with some sun. High: 61. Chance of rain 20%

Saturday: Cloudy with showers. High: 51. Chance of rain 50%

Sunday: Partly cloudy. High: 57. Chance of rain 10%

ribbie78
10-19-2012, 12:53 PM
Thanks!

I'll try to get some good action shots for you guys :023:

jumbojimbo
10-21-2012, 06:36 AM
Weather forcast for this weekend:

Today: (test day) Mostly cloudy with some sun. High: 61. Chance of rain 20%

Saturday: Cloudy with showers. High: 51. Chance of rain 50%

Sunday: Partly cloudy. High: 57. Chance of rain 10%

Saturday was miserable weather but great fun.

Morning race: Rain.
Late morning race: Wet with a drying track.
Pursuit race: Started in the rain then drying track. That was big fun. ITC cars finished 2nd, 6th, 7th, 8th.

I have some pretty good video of me bumping Bill and we both spin in the exit of the carousel. And great video of Garrett hammering bill off at the entrance of oak tree.

It is supposed to be dry and clear today.

ribbie78
10-21-2012, 06:18 PM
Let's see that video!

We had to leave before the pursuit race, but watched that and today's races on Race Monitor (Gotta get that app! Live timing and scoring for $5!) You guys were throwing down some impressive lap times today.

Which car was Garrett? He didn't run Saturday did he?

ITA_honda
10-22-2012, 12:06 PM
Thanks to all the drivers that came out and made the NEOHIO SCCA Spooktacular a success! Saturday's weather was something to be desired but Sunday made up for it. LOTS of close racing in all groups and fun was had by all. Hope to see you guys next year for the 2013 Spooktacular! As always if you had any concerns with the race weekend please contact me. Email: [email protected]

Aanselm
10-26-2012, 07:30 PM
Sorry for this being long

I thought that I would make a report as to how my weekend went at Neohio Region SCCA Son of Spook-tacular Quad Regional race. Friday night started at McB Autosport to load the racecar in the trailer, off to Nelson Ledges Road Course. Arrived at track did registration went to the McB normal paddock area ,set up the trailer, loaded stuff in my dad’s truck off to tech, after tech went and got dinner then to hotel for the night. Saturday morning started early, got to track unloaded the car did a quick prep. Went up to Tech shed to look at the grid sheet for the race. Was very surprised to find out that I was on Pole Position (Neohio set grid based on track record and when you signed up) there was 4 cars in class. Had time before first race walked over to Station 3 to watch a little of group 1 and group1-SM the track was wet but starting to get better, decided that dry tires where the way to go since there was no rain and track was just damp, with less than 5 minutes on the grid it started to rain (90% of the grid was on dry tires). Race started with 2 pace laps, we got the Green, P2 car pulled ahead then I re-passed going into Oaktree, Mark Connolly passed me in his STU Mini Cooper going on to the back straight, Finished the race P5 overall P1 in class. Best lap of 1:45.941 in the rain on dry tires. Race two was gridded based on fast lap from race 1 started P7 overall P1 in class, finished the race in P11 overall P1 in class. With a best lap of 1:22.234. Race 3 grid was based on fast lap from race 2, started P8 overall P1 in class, had an extra pace lap, a car quit running, got the green, on lap 4 had a full course caution for a two car incident, had a bad restart lost two positions, gained them back in the closing laps of the race, finished P8 overall P1 in class. Had a best lap of 1:21.489. Race 4 grid was based on fast lap from race 3 started P11 overall P1 in class got the green made pass for P10 on lap 4 made pass for P9 on lap 17 finished race P8 overall P1 in class. Had a best lap of 1:21.655.
With the four wins with more than one car in class also got the Clean Sweep trophy to add to the awards kitty from the weekend