PDA

View Full Version : CRX Pass Window

kcolbey
08-21-2012, 08:22 PM
I have a CRX Si that I bought a few months back. I went to my first comp school and decided that the passenger side needed re-arranging. I had a spare door and installed that. The door fit fine, and the window from the old door was still intact. I tried to install the window, but the window size and track are totally different. I don't really need a window, but it is nice for storage/trailering. The window size I need is at least 38-1/2" to fit the track.
Any ideas on what to do, and what year door I have on the car now?

Gregg
08-21-2012, 08:43 PM
There are basically two door/window frame designs for the CRX. The '88 had the seatbelt attached to the B-pillar and has a "longer" window than the '89-91 door which had the seatbelt attached to the door. The easiest way to tell the difference is simply to look at the B-pillar. It's much more narrow on the '88 doors.

As a side note, the '88 doors also have considerably less stout impact beams and can weight almost 10lbs less than the later doors.

Davegt74
08-25-2012, 07:55 PM
There are basically two door/window frame designs for the CRX. The '88 had the seatbelt attached to the B-pillar and has a "longer" window than the '89-91 door which had the seatbelt attached to the door. The easiest way to tell the difference is simply to look at the B-pillar. It's much more narrow on the '88 doors.

As a side note, the '88 doors also have considerably less stout impact beams and can weight almost 10lbs less than the later doors.

Wow I did not know that I replaced my door with a later door

I guess it’s all good since the car was a little under weight

Davegt74

kcolbey
09-02-2012, 10:28 AM
Gregg,
Thanks for the info. I couldn't figure out which doors I had, so I took some pictures. I'll have to post them in another day or two.
Kyle

kcolbey
09-06-2012, 08:18 PM
It took me some extra days, and I got to looking at the pictures and they aren't the greatest. Anyway, the first is the door on the car now. The second picture is the one that came from the car (and had the shorter window). The hardware and track appear different, but I don't see where one looks thinner than the other.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/giambiono/2012-08-26_18-07-29_607.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/giambiono/2012-08-26_18-04-30_5.jpg

Gregg
09-06-2012, 10:02 PM
It's clear as day from those photos. Step around to the other side of the door and you'll notice that the black sash on the B-pillar of the door in the bottom pic is much wider.

The door in the top pic is from an '88, while the one in the bottom pic came from an '89 - '91.

kcolbey
09-08-2012, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the help. It totally make sense look at the pictures a few more times now. Looking at the doors quickly when was in the garage I wasn't quite sure that the B pillar seemed all that different in size. From the window alone, I figured that I had an 88 door that I was trying to fit a 89-91 window, but now I'm sure.