PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Date 2012 NHMS

RSTPerformance
08-21-2012, 12:42 AM
The Red/Silver Audi ran tonight for the first time in nearly 2 years... It will hopefully be making a return at the Cheap Date weekend to do a shake down before the NARRC Runoffs!!!

Who else is running??? Let the prep stories and trash talk start now!

Raymond "Benagh, I will be hoping for rain" Blethen

Tim Dugan
08-21-2012, 07:46 AM
Raymond I will be there to crew for the #51 RST Performance audi coupe! Looking for a good show from u!

team-gpracing
08-21-2012, 08:32 AM
I hope to be there (still fixing damage from 8/4), and EP has been moved in with the IT crowd. Looking forward to racing with you guys again!

JLawton
08-22-2012, 12:22 PM
anyone need a garage mate??

Dano77
08-22-2012, 03:05 PM
The 77 v2.0 will be there in IT7. Doing some maintenance this week and should be ready to go.

Very low entry at this point. What is everyone else doing?

Dan
77 IT7

Greg Amy
08-22-2012, 03:07 PM
What is everyone else doing?
Prepping to leave for Road America four days later...

Dano77
08-22-2012, 03:13 PM
Well that explains that now dosen't it. We know what the Greg Amy will be doing.

When you get back, and you are done with the national deal and want to have fun. Call us and we can get you into one of the GREATEST classes ever.

Good luck dude,give em hell.

Dan

JLawton
08-27-2012, 09:38 AM
anyone need a garage mate??

Anyone????

gran racing
08-27-2012, 12:44 PM
Runoffs in the Audi, eh? Hmmm. I wish that I didn't suck so much as a mechanic!!

Raceman77
08-28-2012, 12:32 PM
Jeff come hang out with us 7's. Always welcome out there in the field. no stress involved as you know.

JLawton
08-28-2012, 02:20 PM
Jeff come hang out with us 7's. Always welcome out there in the field. no stress involved as you know.

I will!! Thank you! :023: You guys are usually in the closest corner of the fencing to the tunnel, right?

Dano77
08-28-2012, 09:04 PM
You got it. We have grass to nap on and power to make coffee. How does it get better than that.

See you at the track,

Dan

MMiskoe
08-28-2012, 09:33 PM
Very low entry at this point. What is everyone else doing?

Going to Ohio for my grandfather's 100th birthday. Probably the first cheap date weekend I have missed in 10 years. But I've never been to a birthday party for someone as old as him.

Everybody needs to go fast, drive nice w/ each other and have fun. No crashing, no car fires, no angry words in impound. Awwright?

lawtonglenn
08-28-2012, 10:20 PM
... Awwright?

Awwright!

StephenB
08-28-2012, 10:26 PM
Glen,

I am pretty sure you had the most spins of the weekend :) If you had been running in one of those other clubs you would have been kicked out!! :) But then you came back through the field and still kicked Tims but!

Stephen

lawtonglenn
08-29-2012, 09:36 PM
Matt said "no crashing", not "no spinning"!

Raceman77
08-30-2012, 12:08 PM
we have actually moved a bit jeff. instead of beeing all fenced up in the stone area when you come up hill out of tunnel we will be on the right now. nice grassy area. what is your plan on rolling in?

Tim Dugan
08-30-2012, 04:40 PM
stephen: i beat glenn the race he had all the 4 wheel dancing lessons but he showed me how fast he was the rest of the weekend! thanks glenn for letting me beat u once! :smilie_pokal:

jimalley
08-30-2012, 07:31 PM
Anyone signed up for a garage and looking for someone to split the cost?

Greg Amy
08-30-2012, 07:49 PM
Anyone signed up for a garage and looking for someone to split the cost?
Maybe post #8...?

JLawton
09-04-2012, 09:47 AM
JB, e-mail me at jlawton at echn dot org

Dano77
09-06-2012, 08:35 AM
Its one day till GO time. Is everyone ready?

Dan
77 IT7

team-gpracing
09-06-2012, 11:05 AM
Nope, but I hope to be.

Looks like Leslie keeps heading East, but we may have a wet Sunday.

Here's a link:
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at2+shtml/144337.shtml?tswind120#contents

Hopefully it stays dry and misses us completely.

JLawton
09-10-2012, 08:39 AM
Results?? How was the weather Saturday night and Sunday?

Greg Amy
09-10-2012, 08:44 AM
Weren't you supposed to go...?

JLawton
09-10-2012, 09:05 AM
During my first test session on Friday someone oiled the track going into Turn 1 and I backed it into the wall between 1 & 2............ Trunk will need to be pulled. Probably needs a trunk lid, bumper and left fender. I think I dislodged the fuel pump because it would barely run. I was too disgusted to look underneith to see if I broke any diff mounts or suspension........

I'm really thinking it's time to hang up the racing......... The lows have been far more than the highs lately........

Abhi
09-10-2012, 09:16 AM
Saturday it started a light rain a few laps into the race in Group 8. Nothing major.

Sunday the weather was perfect all day.

Abhi

Greg Amy
09-10-2012, 09:22 AM
Ugh, Jeff. Really sorry to hear that. Take the winter, ease off, have a few beers, and it'll give you something to do.

Abhi, saw on Facebook your win and championship. Congrats.

Racing: highs and lows. Rarely in between...

Raceman77
09-10-2012, 10:13 AM
was interesting weeking. We had 4 IT7 cars. Saturday morning Mr sheppard 1:20.7
Mr Patullo 1:21.2 Mr Young 1:21.6 Mr Swan 1:22.1. Went out to start the race had some early rain. dried out. good battle insued. dick led for a few laps. then over taken by dan and drew. lap 13 rain covered turn 1. 2 IT7 doing there best donunts. but did not hit anything so the powers to be checkered the race. finishing order. Sheppard,Young,Patullo and yours truly.

Sunday morning more of the same. But no rain added. Finishing order Sheppard,Patullo,Young, Swan. But its to bad everyone left after there race was over in the afternoon. The battle between Dick and Drew was feirce. From what i had heard pretty much every corner worker that watch them battle got a great show. I decided to watch from the cheap seat out back and had a battle with Smarty. All in all a great weekend. Thanks to everyone who makes it possible to race.

Jeff maybe it is time to come over to the dark side.

dickita15
09-10-2012, 11:25 AM
I had a great weekend. Saturday’s race was intense even leading a couple of laps as Jay said. Got shuffled to third and then the rain. Turned in at one and there was grip and then none. Missed the wall and only ruined a tire. Jay spun as I reentered and could not restart. Do I get worker points for stopping on the cool off lap and push starting him so the workers could drink beer sooner.
The Saturday night hurricane part was great. I threw the last drunk out of my trailer just before Midnight. Again the Sunday morning race was a knife fight ending up third and only got hit buy one Miata. At least it was the same spot the Miata hit me Memorial Day.
In the last feature race Sunday Dan took off and I was comfortable in second but Drew spent the first half of the race running me down. This ended with about 8 lap of the best friggin racing I have ever had. Side by side lap after lap, multiple lead changes and amazing close racing without the slightest contact, and god knows, there was plenty of opportunity on both side.
I was thinking with about two to go I really did not care which of us came out on top this was so much fun. It is luck that the flag came out with me ahead. I am thrilled Drew has seen the light and joined the class.

dickita15
09-10-2012, 11:27 AM
Oh and congrats to Jay on his second NERRC championship. Dan beat me for second by ten points.

Abhi
09-10-2012, 11:56 AM
Again the Sunday morning race was a knife fight ending up third and only got hit buy one Miata. At least it was the same spot the Miata hit me Memorial Day

Damm... Wasn't me was it ? :)
Orange and white # 80.

Also want to thank the red IT7 for the point by in turn 12 in the Sunday afternoon race.

I was peddling as hard as I could to keep second place behind me, and it was a great "heads up" move.

Abhi

Dano77
09-10-2012, 12:01 PM
It isnt my first day at the rodeo. No problem,your not my race. Why hold you up if you have a chance to catch the guy in front.

Now if you name was Morrison, than thats another story:shrug:.

Besides I got to see a great race in front of me.

Dan 77 IT7

Who was in the red white blue miata?

dickita15
09-10-2012, 05:53 PM
Damm... Wasn't me was it ? :)
Orange and white # 80.

Also want to thank the red IT7 for the point by in turn 12 in the Sunday afternoon race.

I was peddling as hard as I could to keep second place behind me, and it was a great "heads up" move.

Abhi
nope not you either time Abhi but should you know that.

gizmo83
09-10-2012, 07:08 PM
Congrats to Abhi!
Sorry to hear about the wall Jeff! Don't give up yet!
It's just money:rolleyes:
Rx7 Guys: Sounds like you had a blast!

Miss the track...hope to be out there soon!

team-gpracing
09-11-2012, 09:32 AM
Congrats to Abhi indeed.

Dan, are you talking about the Miata that was dumping oil all over the track for a couple laps before it died? I had been taking it pretty easy considering I had nothing to race for (wasn't gonna catch the S2K), and when I came down the hill behind that Miata and went straight when I turned the wheel you passed right by. I figured it was really time to take it easy then. Did he get you slippery too?

I only got run into by a Neon. I like to change it up a bit. :blink:

I think our group had some of the best racing of the weekend. Between Smarty, Dick and Drew in their battle and the battle between me and Rob Dardano, it was a hell of a weekend. Great fun guys!

team-gpracing
09-11-2012, 10:59 AM
Question. Are the NERRC points the same value per position as the NARRC points? Just trying to figure out where I finished this season and the NERRC points just show finishing position.

Raceman77
09-11-2012, 12:22 PM
1st 300 2nd 225. what were your possitions for the weekend. looks like you were 90 points behind.

team-gpracing
09-11-2012, 12:48 PM
I found the points breakdown from a previous year's sheet and did the math.

It was close, but I finished in first for the season. Hooray for me. :smilie_pokal: