PDA

View Full Version : SCCA Clarifies STL Participation at 2012 Runoffs

Greg Amy
08-08-2012, 12:35 PM
SCCA Clarifies STL Participation at 2012 Runoffs

TOPEKA, Kan (Aug. 8, 2012) – Sports Car Club of America released the following information about the Super Touring® Lite (STL) class and its participation in the 2012 SCCA National Championship Runoffs®.

http://www.scca.com/clubracing/news.cfm?cid=51108

Prof. Chaos
08-20-2012, 03:41 PM
This should prove to be an interesting start -- I don't think a 3 field split start is very common, especially at the Runoffs.

Greg Amy
08-20-2012, 03:59 PM
This should prove to be an interesting start -- I don't think a 3 field split start is very common, especially at the Runoffs.
"3 field"? There's only two classes in that group, STU and STL.

Good entries so far, evenly split between Miatas and HondaMoCo cars and at least one RX-7. Miatas hold the top-3 (?) spots in National points and that RX-7 beat several of them for the June Sprints win...should be a good race.

GA

Prof. Chaos
08-20-2012, 07:33 PM
Oops, yes, it's only qualifying that's GT3, STU, and STL. So right now that's 42 cars on track for qualifying, which seems just slightly higher than average, but totally doable.

During the race, try not to pass me.:lol:

Greg Amy
08-20-2012, 07:37 PM
;)

It's very do-able. Very big track, I think SCCA is allowed to start something like 105 cars? Plenty of space.

Eek, didn't notice we were qualifying with GT3. That's gonna kinda really suck in a 2L FWD car...damn, and not even on the track first time until Friday afternoon...ugh.

Come find me, I'll probably be hanging out with Chris Childs and company.

Peter Olivola
08-20-2012, 08:49 PM
25 cars/mile * 4 miles = 100 cars.

GCR Page 58:

6.4. THE GRID
6.4.1 General
A. 1 car in a class shall constitute a class. A car may not compete in
more than one race class in the same race group.
B. Number of Cars allowed on Course
A maximum of 25 cars per mile may be on the course or started
simultaneously in any type of session.
The Division’s Executive Steward may increase or decrease the 25
car limitation for any or all race groups.

;)

It's very do-able. Very big track, I think SCCA is allowed to start something like 105 cars? Plenty of space.

Eek, didn't notice we were qualifying with GT3. That's gonna kinda really suck in a 2L FWD car...damn, and not even on the track first time until Friday afternoon...ugh.

Come find me, I'll probably be hanging out with Chris Childs and company.

Z3_GoCar
08-21-2012, 12:48 AM
Oops, yes, it's only qualifying that's GT3, STU, and STL. So right now that's 42 cars on track for qualifying, which seems just slightly higher than average, but totally doable.

During the race, try not to pass me.:lol:

You're right to be worried about Greg at the Runoffs. Last Saturday I had the chance to handle and "bless" Greg's new rear wing. All indications are that it produces downforce without significant drag penalty. All for a total weight of 3.5 lbs including uprights and hardware.

Greg Amy
08-21-2012, 07:01 AM
You're right to be worried about Greg at the Runoffs. Last Saturday I had the chance to handle and "bless" Greg's new rear wing. All indications are that it produces downforce without significant drag penalty. All for a total weight of 3.5 lbs including uprights and hardware.
:smilie_pokal:

Kick Brooks in the butt, let's get that thing shipped! Running out of time...

Prof. Chaos
08-21-2012, 03:10 PM

That wing's not as light as mine -- which is invisible! Why would I need a wing when I've got all that rotary-powered torque to get me through the turns?

Z3_GoCar
08-22-2012, 03:26 PM
:smilie_pokal:

Kick Brooks in the butt, let's get that thing shipped! Running out of time...

Can't hurry perfection. You'll get it when it's finished, and not any sooner. Brooks was telling me that he used to work for Fall Line, so he knows what he's doing.

That wing's not as light as mine -- which is invisible! Why would I need a wing when I've got all that rotary-powered torque to get me through the turns?
^ :D

Maybe it's heavier and more drag than without, but it'll give you more stick in the "Kink". Good job on getting your tires mounted, hopefully having rains will be enough to keep the rain away.

Knestis
08-22-2012, 03:47 PM

TTIWWOP

Show us the bling!

K

Z3_GoCar
08-23-2012, 01:59 AM
TTIWWOP

Show us the bling!

K

:D Agreed, I need to get some hardware then I'll post the photo's.