PDA

View Full Version : IT Spec*tacular 2012 bad engine

RacerBill
07-30-2012, 05:07 PM
OK, here's the damage to the engine that happened during the main race on Sunday.

Boooooooooooo :bash_1_:

Even with that, I still feel that I had a very successful weekend.

Can't say I wasn't pushing the Saturn to the limit.

BruceG
07-30-2012, 06:45 PM
That sucks, Bill......looks like your Saturn got to close to Uranus.....LOL.

RacerBill
08-01-2012, 03:12 PM
Talked to James Walker (car builder) today. The engine that let gohad been in the car since 2000 - 12 year old engines don't owe you much.

Good news, there are some good engines available if I just want to do a quick swap.

I will be getting the contact info for the gentleman who built this engine.

We're on the road to recovery! From what, I'm not sure of!!!!!!!

darthmonkeyIT
08-01-2012, 04:36 PM
I had a gopro camera in the car for the first time this past weekend and I gotta say...I am addicted. What an awesome picture and just watching the race a few times with friends I have found a few places where a slight change to my driving could make up a few tenths a lap.

Now I need to go buy my own. :D

Goal for the next time at Mid O: Make it into the 1:48's!

lawtonglenn
08-01-2012, 09:33 PM
...engine that let go had been in the car since 2000...

wow.... we count how many laps on each engine... you count decades :rolleyes:

JLawton
08-02-2012, 07:07 AM
wow.... we count how many laps on each engine... you count decades :rolleyes:

And we dyno'ed it at least once a season to keep an eye on it and it actually had more HP than when I bought it. It is an amazing engine. You could ping it off the rev limiter (7500) all day long........

RacerBill
08-02-2012, 10:17 AM
And we dyno'ed it at least once a season to keep an eye on it and it actually had more HP than when I bought it. It is an amazing engine. You could ping it off the rev limiter (7500) all day long........

Welllllllll, maybe not ALL day long. :D LOL.

CRallo
08-03-2012, 10:42 AM
It takes alot of talent and abuse to kill a Saturn!!! Trust me, I know... :D I tried and failed