PDA

View Full Version : Sam Moore ?

jvarble
07-16-2012, 01:55 PM
Heard that sam crashed in sun. qualifying in his tiger????? anybody know about it?
Thanks

TomL
07-16-2012, 03:00 PM
I talked to Sam Sunday afternoon. He was doing okay, but apparently it was a bit more serious than I realized. He said the car snapped loose coming out of turn 5 and hit the wall on drivers's left. He was knocked unconscious for a bit and also ended up with a broken ankle. It messed up the car pretty badly, too.

He was in good spirits, though, so I'm sure he'll be back to normal in the near future.

Cobrar05
07-16-2012, 05:39 PM
i saw the car on the rollback as it came in. the right front look horrible. was that a right hand drive car? i think both of the big hits that weekend were out of T5.

bhudson
07-17-2012, 09:46 AM
Sam's Tiger is left hand drive.

Cobrar05
07-17-2012, 05:04 PM
thats what i thought. it looked to me like the passenger side was worse than the drivers side, but i dont circle crash damage as a rule. i dont like it when people do it to me and i wont do it to others.

Z3_GoCar
07-17-2012, 11:09 PM
Wow, sorry to hear this...

I'm working with Sam to get my current motor to the power level it needs to be, to be as competitive as it can against the turbo's in STU.

Funny I had a discussion a couple of months ago with a couple of guys that used to auto-x tigers, one called an evil car, the other said with the right mods maybe not. But the mods needed sounded pretty extensive.

TomL
07-17-2012, 11:36 PM
James, I don't know if any innate Tiger handling problems are relevant in this case. It's a full tube-frame GT2 car. Of course, short wheelbase (86 inches!!) and lots of power might be a problem, regardless.

Z3_GoCar
07-18-2012, 12:05 AM
James, I don't know if any innate Tiger handling problems are relevant in this case. It's a full tube-frame GT2 car. Of course, short wheelbase (86 inches!!) and lots of power might be a problem, regardless.

Excellant point Tom. With a tube frame GT car probably fix the problem with a relocated motor and replacing the rear springs to fix the roll steer. Just found the fact that the Tiger was mentioned twice in two settings as strange.