PDA

View Full Version : Double Restricted Regional at Grattan 8/11-8/12

darthmonkeyIT
07-10-2012, 09:18 AM
Little confused by this event....

Lists on the schedule as a restricted regional double. If you look at the sups posted on Motorsportreg there is no IT car field. The schedule looks a lot like a National event not a Double Regional.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/970D8375-E018-44E7-FF4C45943AF968B4

The current field list according to the sups:

Race Groups
Group 1 - FF, FV, F500
Group 2 - EP, FP, HP, GTL, STL
Group 3 - FST
Group 4 - AS, GT1, GT2, GT3, STO, T1, T2
Group 5 - SSB, SSC, SM, SRF, STU, T3
Group 6 - FA, FB, FC, FE, FM*, CSR, DSR, S2000

When I looked at the schedule I expected this to be a double regional at Grattan though looking again it is also a double National weekend. Not sure how that happened though since Gingerman just had a double National last weekend and I was aware there was only one double National race i the region every year.

Confused and annoyed that this is not really a double regional but a double national with a FST field. Restricted regional meant all regional classes are ineligible except for FST. :(

Eagle7
07-10-2012, 12:42 PM
If I remember correctly, the only regional race is FST. Bummed me out too.

tom91ita
07-10-2012, 03:58 PM
If I remember correctly, the only regional race is FST. Bummed me out too.

that was how i interpreted it as well.

Midwest council has a race that weekend at Road America.....

Racerlinn
07-11-2012, 09:26 AM
Looks like I have a new weekend to go to the lake now....

FST? Really? I had to look up what FST even mean't.....

jumbojimbo
07-11-2012, 11:38 AM
Looks like I have a new weekend to go to the lake now....

FST? Really? I had to look up what FST even mean't.....

FST must be working as a group. There were a bunch at Nelson last month. They must be coordinating schedules (like ITC does). And it's kind of cool they negotiated a deal to run with that national. usually it is IT that sucks up the restricted slots.