PDA

View Full Version : TreadZone Pro IT Series (NE) - Round 6 at Watkins Glen International

dtanthon
07-02-2012, 08:50 AM
SCCA - Glen Region
Friday Jul 20 - Sunday Jul 22
July Sprints
Watkins Glen Int'l , Watkins Glen, NY
NYSRRC - NARRC
Registration is open on - http://www.motorsportreg.com/
Supps (http://www.glen-scca.org/roadracing/2012/JulySprints2012.pdf) - Information (http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/055348AB-095E-BD85-E92A6BC1C27A1836) - Entry List (http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.status/uidEvent/055348AB-095E-BD85-E92A6BC1C27A1836)

Drew M
07-02-2012, 09:34 AM
16 already

Drew M
07-10-2012, 04:13 PM
Hey Terry or Darrel, can either of you shed some light on the Pro-IT schedule for that weekend? Are we qualifying midday saturday and then racing early on sunday? The supps aren't very specific at all. Trying to plan the weekend.

kcolbey
07-10-2012, 06:52 PM
Drew, I can jump in for those guys. Looking at the supps and doing some educated guessing, ProIT should be on track around 11:15 on Saturday and about 8:30 on Sunday. Having lots of very specific times in the supps held us up this past weekend with the National. It stinks for the drivers but it's flexible for the organizers to be a little vague.

Terry Hanushek
07-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Drew

Hey Terry or Darrel, can either of you shed some light on the Pro-IT schedule for that weekend? Are we qualifying midday saturday and then racing early on sunday? The supps aren't very specific at all. Trying to plan the weekend.

It appears like the schedule is the same as last year. As Kyle mentioned, we should qualify just before lunch on Saturday. Our race is the first race on Sunday morning.

HTH

Terry

Drew M
07-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Thanks guys

Drew

StephF
07-12-2012, 09:02 PM
Are they going to fix the online registration? We entered the regional races, and now it won't take a Pro IT entry. I've been trying to get an entry in through Motorsport Reg and it won't take it online, nor is the registrar communicating with anyone. I sent a message to her last weekend. Guess I'll try calling this weekend.

Terry Hanushek
07-13-2012, 05:44 PM
Steph

Are they going to fix the online registration? We entered the regional races, and now it won't take a Pro IT entry.

It appears like the region has resolved the problem with the online registration. I got an email last night saying they had remapped the Pro IT race and it is now visible. I just looked and it appears to be working with 39 entries showing.

Terry

Terry Hanushek
07-22-2012, 08:27 PM
TreadZone Pro IT Round 6 Results
Watkins Glen International

ITR

Ian Prout - 19 laps (overall winner)
Rob Thiele - 19 laps
Dave Maynard - 19 laps

ITS

John Hainsworth - 19 laps
Tim Estes - 19 laps
Mark Gregory - 19 laps

ITA

Steve Frederick - 19 laps
Jeff Lawton - 19 laps
Mark Johnston - 19 laps

ITB

Steve Noake - 18 laps
Stephanie Funk - 18 laps
Chris Schmidt - 17 laps

ITC

none

SM

Dylan Murcott - 19 laps
Jon Farbman - 19 laps
Ralle Rookey - 19 laps

New course record - ITR Rob Nimkoff - 2.11.497 (broke his own record set on Saturday)

Great weather - sunny in high 70's. After a dustup on the start and a safety car to retrieve a disabled car, everybody settled down and had a great race.

Terry

JLawton
07-23-2012, 07:34 AM
First Pro IT race I've run and had a blast. Although as ITA cars we "should" have been out running the SMs we ended up being stuck in the middle with the the leaders of each having to deal with each other. I did my best to stay out of the way but not screw myself............ don't think I did a great job of either. I thought everyone showed a lot of respect. And have a new respect for some of the faster SM drivers and their abilities............. It was actually dealing with an ITS car that got me the worst, allowing 2nd and 3rd places to reel me in.... and eventually pass me........ But all part of mixed class racing...... :)

Drew M
07-23-2012, 10:33 AM
Great weekend. Tons of exciting racing, as usual with this group.

My only complaint is that folks near the back were sleeping on the restart. With a pack that big, you should be ready to go and on the car in front of you's bumper when you come out of the heel.

mossaidis
07-23-2012, 11:19 AM
But all part of mixed class racing...... :)

bingo