IT7
Sheppard, Patullo, Swan

ITA
Bettencourt, Lawton, Tsiounis

No ITC

Greg Amy
05-26-2012, 05:17 PM
ITS - Lawton, Piekarski, Stadelman
Glenn damaged his trans in morning qualifying. I'd heard he headed home to change it. So then he makes it back to the track in time and wins the race?? Sweet.

IT7 - Sheppard, Patullo, Swan
Dan comprehensively destroyed his blue IT7 car last weekend at a hillclimb (Tree, 1; DS, zip). Instead of licking his wounds and moping like I would have done, he called Faita and Patullo and literally dug out a flood-damaged race car from the dirt outside their shop and swapped out all the damn parts from his blue car. In 5 days. And then wins the race.

Sweet.

ITA - Bettencourt, Lawton, TsiounisAndy's running at the higher June 1 weight...that car needs 100 more pounds!!!

(Just kidding...no really, just kidding. Really. Mostly)

;)

Jeremy Billiel
05-26-2012, 05:58 PM
Are you in NH Greg?

Greg Amy
05-26-2012, 06:18 PM
Are you in NH Greg?
Not any more. Worked tech for school/test day and first half of today, came home to Reality for the rest of the weekend. - GA

lawtonglenn
05-26-2012, 11:12 PM
Glenn damaged his trans in morning qualifying. I'd heard he headed home to change it.
So then he makes it back to the track in time and wins the race?? Sweet.

:) ... yes indeed... input shaft snapped on qualifying lap 1 ...
home is about 25 minutes away ... up on the lift ... swapped in
another transmission in 1.5hr ... back on the trailer ... back to
the track in time to change tires, get dressed, start from the back :)

We have 4 in our crew this weekend (including drivers) so Dick
and I did the transmission swap, while Bob Blake and Bob Bruce
stayed behind so Blake could qualify on the front row in STL,
then go onto to lead the first third of the group 7 race before
Tyler Munroe's ITR/STU E36 took the race lead, but Bob still got
the STL checker

The two cars (14 and 82) look good in the garage with a flag on
each windshield :D

StephenB
05-26-2012, 11:16 PM
I am sure someone else will elaborate more but an integra was badly damaged today :(

Oh and I made a big mistake going into turn one of the ITR, ITS, ITB group in 4th overall which could have been very ugly! I missed a shift and instantly locked up the rear tires at the entrance to the oval. somehow I saved the car from spinning and I kept it out of the wall all while everyone played nice with heads up driving. Just wanted to publicly thank everyone for that! I think only one driver was upset with me. I will certainly post up video when the weekend is over!

Stephen.

ulfelder
05-27-2012, 05:24 AM
I lost a timing chain in Friday practice; bits of chain are sprinkled throughout the head. Doubt I would have had anything for Dave Maynard anyway - he was flying!

JLawton
05-27-2012, 07:18 AM
ITA wasn't one of the prettier races. It got REALY greasy out there, especially the inside braking line into 3...... as a few guys found out.

On lap 2, Dan Deyo locked them up going into 3 and instead of taking out half the field, steered it into the concrete barrierers on the inside. Hit them so hard he pushed them onto the track. He's OK but the car is probably toast. They black flagged us and we sat on pit road which seemed like forever, roasting in the heat while they got it fixed. We went back out: Andy, Yainnis, Mickey, me, Abhi. On the restart Mickey missed a shift and I got by him as well as Abhi. Then on the the next lap he tried the hero move down the inside of Abhi going into 3............... Locked 'em up, and tagged Abhi.......... That got them off my tail and let me start running down Yiannis. Got a few runs on him in places but finally made it stick with a couple of laps to go. It was friggen hot.................

Oh, and Andy just walked away from the rest of us..........

lawtonglenn
05-27-2012, 07:46 AM
...Dan Deyo locked them up going into 3 and instead of taking out half the field, steered it into the concrete barrierers ...car is probably toast...

:(:(

geez... that was Dan's like first or second race in the Acura

:(:(

Greg Amy
05-27-2012, 08:09 AM
geez... that was Dan's like first or second race in the Acura
Yes, that's Geoff Branscombe's old car. Dan bought it over the winter.

Damn, that news breaks my heart. I'm sure it crushed Dan's. I'm glad there were no personal injuries.

MMiskoe
05-27-2012, 09:59 PM
Its actually now Day 2, but the reports are similar.

From the mid pack part of the ITS/ITR field I watched and was part of a lot of very close, but well driven racing. Both days were like this in both ITS and STL. Lots of very close racing, lots of lead swaps back & forth and w/ the exception of one guy who slammed his HANS on the hood of my car in impound, everyone seemed to be happy and having fun. It was a good weekend of racing.

I had a bit of a moment Saturday afternoon when I got bumped in Turn 1 and took a ride up to the wall, but did not hit it. I now have 4 hoosiers that have 80% tread left, unfortunately, that missing 20% is all mising from one spot! Ground all 4 down to the cords.

Considering that at 7:30 Saturday morning I had the chills & the shakes and was puking up my breakfast, the weekend turned out pretty well.

There are other stories that are no so good, but they will get told first hand I am sure.

StephenB
05-28-2012, 06:49 AM
my story isn't so great :( I'll post some good videos this week. calling the frame shop tomorrow and we will hopefully be back out at the end of the season!

stephen

JLawton
05-28-2012, 07:28 AM
It wasn't a pretty weekend. Lots of carnage. Three black flags to clean up bad incidents. :(

Although I was really happy with Saturday's finish, the rest of the weekend was disappointing. Sunday morning I was gridded 5th (based on Saturday's best lap time) Made it up to third or forth (?), over cooked it onto 3 and lost a couple of positions. Started making my way back, made a run on a car up out of three, he kept pinching me in at 4 (not sure if he didn't see me or thought I was further back or was just being a dick) To avoid contact I kept moving to the inside and finally with the inside wheels on the gators, the rear gave up what little traction you have there and came around on me......... Finished 11th

In the afternoon race I went from 11th to 6th by turn 6. Couple laps later I was in 5th and right on the tail of P2, 3 and 4. Got spun in 3 and went to DFL.................. The only good news was my times were right up there with the fastest.

The shining star of ITA this weekend was Jim Alley. Apparentlya new paint job will give you bigger balls!! LOL Good job Jim!!

Hope to have some video later today........

Jeremy Billiel
05-28-2012, 08:27 AM
Man that stinks... I am sorry to hear about the carnage...

wepsbee
05-28-2012, 08:37 AM
Yes, that's Geoff Branscombe's old car. Dan bought it over the winter.

Damn, that news breaks my heart. I'm sure it crushed Dan's. I'm glad there were no personal injuries.

Crushed is more like it. Suprisingly I feel bad for geoff, bought a class winning car. got my first podium finish in my first race wih the car then wrecked it, feel kinda stupid.
I think I over cooked the entrance into 3 and could not slow down. Hit the brakes and the car did a little bobble but kept right on going. Lifted the brake to try and get out of the skid and the SSB car right in front applied his brakes at that exact moment. I had no where to go. Maybe if I had stayed far left, but there was a Miata there, or obviously went in slower it might have been different. Either way I am the driver so it was my fault. I really appreciate the concern everyone exhibited for me after the race. The EMT crew was excellent and I thank them for there efforts. See you all when I get another built.:023:

Raceman77
05-28-2012, 12:37 PM
Dan sorry man. Been there done that. Talk to dan s. he knows how to get one together in 5 days. LRP is a few days more away. You got time.

What a battle we had in IT7 yesterday. Thanks Dan for the push up the hill. I would have let you by. Then Dick thanks for bump drafting. At least all hits were square. Dan drove into the sunset. While Dick and i battle for second. Hopefuly the show was as good as in the car.

jimalley
05-28-2012, 07:12 PM
The shining star of ITA this weekend was Jim Alley. Apparently a new paint job will give you bigger balls!! LOL Good job Jim!!

Hope to have some video later today........[/QUOTE]

LOL:026: Nobody has every used the term shining star in reference to my weekend at the track. Believe me at 66 the balls don't have any growth spurts. :D I will credit the car it has been well developed and prepared and is fun to drive.

It also helps that it has been a great group to run in! I feel confident running with many drivers that have been there for many races in the last few years.

Andy Bettencourt
05-28-2012, 07:46 PM
Great weekend with great folks! Good to see everyone after a year off the track and over 2 years away from NHMS. Hate to see good cars driven by good folks get wrecked.

See you at the NARRC Runoffs!

StephenB
05-28-2012, 11:38 PM
Here are my entertaining videos from the weekend for me...

Race # 1 I was grided third overall and then completly messed up shifting into turn 1. This was a bad and dumb mistake as I went into the wrong gear and lost the rearend. I got lucky and saved it... some how! I wish I knew how to upload in higher quality video that isn't 480 but I can't find any editing software that will do it. The small video (PIP) is from Tim Dugans view. In the HD version you can see me sliding all over the place!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr_YFrN3q40

Race #2 wasn't as eventfull. I had an awesome start passing at least a row of cars before turn 1. (boy do radios come in handy) I then stayed with Glen Lawton and the third place battle for ITR (Doc and Maynard took off) I was able to stay with them until I started to suffer fuel starvation issues on lap 5. These first few laps made me feel like this car really does have potential in the class. especially with a set of tires that have less than 10 heat cycles and didn't sit in the snowbank last year! I need to figure out 3 with a rear wheel drive car as I am losing over a second in that one turn!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6t0sI83Y6k

Race # 3 started bad and ended worse! The car went into "limp mode" on the start for some reason which is still not known. I pulled down to the apron as everyone passed. I then tried to limp back to pitlane but wasn't fast enough to get back before the field was catching back up. I decided I was a major hazard on track so I pulled off and parked so that I could rejoin and head back to pit lane after everyone passed. Well that didn't really happen and instead I got a nice ambulance ride and someone else took my car back for me :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JonOgVC--7Y

At least I still have a fan club that doesn't seem to care that I didn't finish! :)
Stephen

JLawton
05-29-2012, 07:59 AM
Well that didn't really happen and instead I got a nice ambulance ride and someone else took my car back for me :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JonOgVC--7Y

At least I still have a fan club that doesn't seem to care that I didn't finish! :)
Stephen

That really, REALLY sucks!!!! I was VERY sorry to hear about it. I know how much time, money and effort you've put into it..............

05-29-2012, 08:19 AM
Wow that sucks big time. :(

gran racing
05-29-2012, 08:21 AM
What a rough weekend for you Stephen. I know how heart breaking it can be but especially when you pulled off to the side. Just glad you are okay physically!!! Stopped by medical and Ray just said you were really, really pissed. :)

The third race became interesting when a EP ? decided to brake late into turn three, capture the rear end of Mark Gregory's Miata, and I found myself facing head to head with the car. Lucky I didn't hit him. Of course video memory card became full a couple of laps before then. Happy NHMS is behind me.

georgethefierce
05-29-2012, 08:29 AM
How'd the VW end up out there? Target fixation?

StephenB
05-29-2012, 08:39 AM
Yup. His first race. I remember thinking release the brakes, release the brakes, is this really happening! I can honestly say he was very sorry and felt terrible. Naturally I was upset but after talking to him I can't say anything negative about his character. A really nice guy that was renting a car and wanted to have fun with us.

Stephen

preparedcivic
05-29-2012, 08:50 AM
Stephen:

Wow, that's terrible. You were WAY off. With all the effort put into the car and now this.

Hope the repairs go smoothly.

gran racing
05-29-2012, 09:38 AM
A valuable lesson for others too... go way, way, way off behind a wall or somewhere totally protected. Get out of the car, watch the race with the corner workers. Although when I've done this I'm pretty grumpy.

StephF
05-29-2012, 10:37 AM
Stephen, I'm glad both of you were okay, and I feel really bad for both of you too. What a sucky thing to have happen.
For the other driver, (whose name escapes me) I do hope he doesn't give up after this. Shit happens. And I know he felt horrible having that happen his very first race. It's got to shake your confidence, plus now having what looked like a major crash damage bill added to his race weekend, well....damn. :( It certainly wasn't intentional.
Hoping that you can maybe simply pull the frame, and get back sooner than later. If there's anything any of us can do to help, just ask. Oh, and if you haven't done so already, I wouldn't hesitate to talk to John Weisberg too. He may have some parts, and if nothing else, he sure has practical experience with the '8's and straightening stuff back out.

lawtonglenn
05-29-2012, 04:23 PM

here are videos from Saturday's ITS and STL races:

https://vimeo.com/lawtonglenn/videos

best
Glenn

Ed Funk
05-29-2012, 04:26 PM
Great weekend with great folks! Good to see everyone after a year off the track and over 2 years away from NHMS. Hate to see good cars driven by good folks get wrecked.

See you at the NARRC Runoffs!

NARRC Offs!!! WTF!!!! Didja blow-up another motor?

Andy Bettencourt
05-29-2012, 04:50 PM
NARRC Offs!!! WTF!!!! Didja blow-up another motor?

Nope. Don't have the time or the money to throw around at this like I used to. Little League baseball is all-consuming these days...in a good way. :) Trying to do a trade with a customer, mine for his straight up and then do a slow ITS Miata build.

JeffYoung
05-29-2012, 05:14 PM
Finally joining the big leagues.

Andy Bettencourt
05-29-2012, 08:43 PM
Finally joining the big leagues.

I was in the big leagues and then was 'sent down', LOL. I was one of the first in the ITA car and we don't have any ITS Miata up here yet. I like being a little different but not like you crackers...unless this C4 pans out....then I'll have you guys make the power sauce.

JeffYoung
05-29-2012, 11:19 PM
Kip proved what you can do with the ITS Miata. THey can make good power.

Whole ITS dynamic is changing although people don't realize it. RX7 is still a great car but development is stagnant. On the other hand, people are improving the power to weight on the Nissan L motor, the GSR, my car, the Earpstang, the E30 and working on handling, etc.

We are slowly getting to the point where ITS is catching up to where the unrestricted E36 "was" back in 2004.

StephenB
05-30-2012, 09:25 AM
A valuable lesson for others too... go way, way, way off behind a wall or somewhere totally protected. Get out of the car, watch the race with the corner workers. Although when I've done this I'm pretty grumpy.

I totally agree! Although I thought I was in a safe area well of the track and most likely covered by a yellow in reality anything can happen. I have raced at NHMS hundreds of times and rarely witnessed a car off track here especially when covered by a yellow BUT you never know. After 13 years I was reminded of something I was told a long time ago... go behind a corner station to be safe! I will NEVER make this mistake again.

Stephen, I'm glad both of you were okay, and I feel really bad for both of you too. What a sucky thing to have happen.
For the other driver, (whose name escapes me) I do hope he doesn't give up after this. Shit happens. And I know he felt horrible having that happen his very first race. It's got to shake your confidence, plus now having what looked like a major crash damage bill added to his race weekend, well....damn. :( It certainly wasn't intentional. .
He was really really upset about it and I personally told him not to give up and to come back. I told him I wouldn't hesitate running with him again. He is the type of Racer we at SCCA are looking for. Enthusiastic, friendly and LEARNING. We are not profesionals and unfourtunatly we have almost all had a bad learning experience along the way. I just happen to be in the wrong spot at the wrong time. I will be honest that I was completly pissed at first until I met him, and instantly could tell he was someone we all would like to race with and have at the track.
On a side note I thought the cheif steward did exactly what he should have. noted the incident, spoke to the driver sternly, spoke about our regions "red book", and made sure that the two of us had time to talk about things. I really don't think it could have gone any better from the point of view of the officials and me.

Hoping that you can maybe simply pull the frame, and get back sooner than later. If there's anything any of us can do to help, just ask. Oh, and if you haven't done so already, I wouldn't hesitate to talk to John Weisberg too. He may have some parts, and if nothing else, he sure has practical experience with the '8's and straightening stuff back out.
I purchased every last piece from John when he wrecked his. When I say everything I mean everything... even partially worn brake pads. He is totally a porsche guy now!

I have had a ton of kind e-mails and offers to help find someone to pull it. I am going to go to Mike Lavigne who races in AS and is a good friend of my fathers. He is local and does amazing work. I feel confident the car will be fixed and you will not be able to even tell anything ever happened. I do need to save up for parts so I am skipping June and July races to stay within my racing budget with the wife. I promissed NEVER to charge or go into debt on anything for racing. See you all in August if all goes well!

On another note I hope Mr Deyo is doing well. His hit was terrible and worse than mine. I really hope he gets things figured out so he can get back out on track. Does anyone know if he can clip the front rather than swapping cages?

Stephen

StephenB
05-30-2012, 09:27 AM
I was in the big leagues and then was 'sent down', LOL. I was one of the first in the ITA car and we don't have any ITS Miata up here yet. I like being a little different but not like you crackers...unless this C4 pans out....then I'll have you guys make the power sauce.

Andy, what did you get for lap times this weekend? You may already be competitive with your car for ITS and close in ITR...

We did have a few ITS cars in our group but I don't think they are built to ITS rules, not really sure though. I know a few of them where quick in a straight line!

Stephen

wepsbee
05-30-2012, 10:14 AM
I totally agree! Although I thought I was in a safe area well of the track and most likely covered by a yellow in reality anything can happen. I have raced at NHMS hundreds of times and rarely witnessed a car off track here especially when covered by a yellow BUT you never know. After 13 years I was reminded of something I was told a long time ago... go behind a corner station to be safe! I will NEVER make this mistake again.

He was really really upset about it and I personally told him not to give up and to come back. I told him I wouldn't hesitate running with him again. He is the type of Racer we at SCCA are looking for. Enthusiastic, friendly and LEARNING. We are not profesionals and unfourtunatly we have almost all had a bad learning experience along the way. I just happen to be in the wrong spot at the wrong time. I will be honest that I was completly pissed at first until I met him, and instantly could tell he was someone we all would like to race with and have at the track.
On a side note I thought the cheif steward did exactly what he should have. noted the incident, spoke to the driver sternly, spoke about our regions "red book", and made sure that the two of us had time to talk about things. I really don't think it could have gone any better from the point of view of the officials and me.

I purchased every last piece from John when he wrecked his. When I say everything I mean everything... even partially worn brake pads. He is totally a porsche guy now!

I have had a ton of kind e-mails and offers to help find someone to pull it. I am going to go to Mike Lavigne who races in AS and is a good friend of my fathers. He is local and does amazing work. I feel confident the car will be fixed and you will not be able to even tell anything ever happened. I do need to save up for parts so I am skipping June and July races to stay within my racing budget with the wife. I promissed NEVER to charge or go into debt on anything for racing. See you all in August if all goes well!

On another note I hope Mr Deyo is doing well. His hit was terrible and worse than mine. I really hope he gets things figured out so he can get back out on track. Does anyone know if he can clip the front rather than swapping cages?

Stephen

Stephen,
Thanks for that concern, it really shows what our area has when it comes to racers.
We all care about each other and try our best to help. Even after they are having major issues of their own, really, good luck with your car.
My car is toast, everything forward of the engine is smashed. Right side is pushed back so much the roof is 3 inches higher than the cage. The body is bent at and behind the firewall so there is too much damage to repair. The steering column and steering wheel were pushed back far enough so that I bent the steering wheel on the left side into the dash. I think it will be easier( cheaper ), to swap to another shell. There is a bright side, engine runs strong, front struts are still good, cage is good so the most expensive parts are OK.
I also plan on trynig to make it back on track in August.
Again thanks for the concern and good luck to you!!
Dan

Greg Amy
05-30-2012, 11:14 AM
I think it will be easier( cheaper ), to swap to another shell.
Sorry to hear about that, Dan.

If in your searches you come across an Integra GS-R of the same vintage (DA) and at a good price (but they're very rare) I'll buy the engine from you.

Greg

JLawton
05-30-2012, 11:45 AM
Here's my video from race #3 on Sunday afternoon. I started 11th and made it up to 6th by turn 3 on the first lap. I admit I was full on the gas by time the green flew. I got REAL lucky with the timing. Please pardon the language at the end...... I didn't put the whole race on here. Only to the point where I fall to DFL.........

https://vimeo.com/43114465

I apparently I am an idiot when it comes to video. Not sure why this comes out so crappy. The output from my camera to my computer or TV is great. When it's in Movie Maker it's still decent but when I save it to Windows Video File it gets crappy..... REALLY crappy.......

Jeremy Billiel
05-30-2012, 12:48 PM
Here's my video from race #3 on Sunday afternoon. I started 11th and made it up to 6th by turn 3 on the first lap. I admit I was full on the gas by time the green flew. I got REAL lucky with the timing. Please pardon the language at the end...... I didn't put the whole race on here. Only to the point where I fall to DFL.........

https://vimeo.com/43114465

I apparently I am an idiot when it comes to video. Not sure why this comes out so crappy. The output from my camera to my computer or TV is great. When it's in Movie Maker it's still decent but when I save it to Windows Video File it gets crappy..... REALLY crappy.......

Must be nice to never have to shift during the lap! :D Do you need a lower gear to avoid over slowing in the bowl as you run out of revs?

JLawton
05-30-2012, 01:53 PM
Must be nice to never have to shift during the lap! :D Do you need a lower gear to avoid over slowing in the bowl as you run out of revs?

????

I shift the same number of times everyone else does???? :017:

And no, I over slow in the bowl because I'm slow...............

Are these trick questions??

Jeremy Billiel
05-30-2012, 02:05 PM
????

I shift the same number of times everyone else does???? :017:

And no, I over slow in the bowl because I'm slow...............

Are these trick questions??

No trick questions... It appears on the video that you are lifting prior than you normally would to preserve having to make an upshift and then a quick downshift in the bowl and in 11.

lawtonglenn
05-30-2012, 05:14 PM

here are videos from Saturday's ITS and STL races:

https://vimeo.com/lawtonglenn/videos

best
Glenn

To Mr Jeff Lawton:

arrrgh...sucks to be punted like that!

interesting video otherwise, but here is a $77 camera that will
give you 720p at 60fps, similar to the one we are using to make the
videos in the link above... I think you'll appreciate the
enhanced watchability that comes with increased resolution

http://www.amazon.com/Aiptek-A-HD-Pro-Definition-Camcorder/dp/B001H0GGYG/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1338412082&sr=1-1

best!

From Mr. Glenn Lawton (no relation)

:)

JLawton
05-31-2012, 08:21 AM
To Mr Jeff Lawton:

http://www.amazon.com/Aiptek-A-HD-Pro-Definition-Camcorder/dp/B001H0GGYG/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1338412082&sr=1-1

best!

Thanks Glenn. But I'm not so sure it's the camera? It does have to be connected with a Fire Wire cable with a card that slides into the card slot on the lap top. Maybe that's the failure point. I also have a pencil cam that came with the car but have yet to figure out how to hook it up............ I have a GoPro but even with new batteries it shuts off after 5 minutes or so. Not sure if somethings wrong with the camera or again, it's me................

Jeff (no relation to Glenn..........until he becomes rich and famous..........)

Andy Bettencourt
05-31-2012, 09:47 AM
MyLaps is up:

Day 1: http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=785691

Day 2: http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=785700

And as always, kudos to Linda for actually listing the names of the classes on the run groups so people can find what they want fast.

Raceman77
05-31-2012, 12:17 PM
Jeff is it a GoPro Hero2? That is the camera i use as well. I also put one in Dicks car for the weekend. You can use a free program from GoPro to down load as well.

JLawton
05-31-2012, 02:11 PM
Jeff is it a GoPro Hero2? That is the camera i use as well. I also put one in Dicks car for the weekend. You can use a free program from GoPro to down load as well.

No, one of the older GoPros

benspeed
06-03-2012, 10:50 PM
I bought the same setup as Glenn and it rocks

Killer video

gran racing
06-04-2012, 09:13 AM
Does using the 60 fps help much compared to the 30 fps version? I believe that at least with the GoPro, it cuts the field of vision down a bit.

Either way, it still produces really nice video quality.

JLawton
06-04-2012, 09:19 AM
To Mr Jeff Lawton:

best!

How big are the files it makes? One of the problems I had with the GoPro were the files were huge and took for ever to down load and up load. Usually it took so long it would end up bombing out................

CRallo
06-04-2012, 09:43 AM
No trick questions... It appears on the video that you are lifting prior than you normally would to preserve having to make an upshift and then a quick downshift in the bowl and in 11.

Pot calling the kettle black about lifting when you don't need to? :p

Does using the 60 fps help much compared to the 30 fps version? I believe that at least with the GoPro, it cuts the field of vision down a bit.

Either way, it still produces really nice video quality.

30 fps can be a bit choppy for action this fast. 60 fps doubles the size of the file however...

Jeremy Billiel
06-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Pot calling the kettle black about lifting when you don't need to? :p

30 fps can be a bit choppy for action this fast. 60 fps doubles the size of the file however...

Chris my racing days are done so yes I love playing monday morning quarterback! :D

Andy Bettencourt
06-04-2012, 03:04 PM
Fantastic pictures. I love the ones from T10...

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j374/FOM09/09/_MG_1866.jpg

lawtonglenn
06-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Does using the 60 fps help much compared to the 30 fps version? I believe that at least with the GoPro, it cuts the field of vision down a bit.Either way, it still produces really nice video quality.

How big are the files it makes? One of the problems I had with the GoPro were the files were huge and took for ever to down load and up load. Usually it took so long it would end up bombing out................

I think, as Chris said, that the 60fps is much less choppy, and it
doesn't change the field of view at all, just doubles the file size.

After snipping the video to 20 minutes the file was 929MB (almost 1GB )
but it uploaded very quickly into vimeo (10 minutes?)

The raw output is a HD Quicktime file, and I run it through Pinnacle
Studio 14 to snip and add titles, and then output it as a DivX avi file

ner88
06-04-2012, 05:34 PM
Hey Andy! Does that car make the 5" ride height rule? :D

Andy Bettencourt
06-04-2012, 06:11 PM
Hey Andy! Does that car make the 5" ride height rule? :D

I know right? That turn, while hitting the transition really does show some loads. And I have about 200lbs more spring rate than the SM's.

I hate when I see the SM's leave the shop lower than my ITA car but it is what it is!

mossaidis
06-06-2012, 04:37 PM
Videos on the NHMS NARRC weekend in all their "glory". You want to train on becoming a better driver, watch Yiannis video, not mine. :) Race video from Sat is up, the other videos from Sunday are still uploading and will probably finish in 4 hours.

http://vimeo.com/user1890692

Yes, I know... I pussy foot through the oval when the tires are cold. And yes, I go hot into turn 3, at least too hot, twice.

Ok, back to work for me.

Abhi
06-06-2012, 05:47 PM
And yes, I go hot into turn 3, at least too hot, twice.

Now why would you think you are going into turn 3 too hot ? :shrug: :D

BTW, do you have your Miata "kill stickers" made up for this weekend ? :)

Abhi

wepsbee
06-06-2012, 07:24 PM
Videos on the NHMS NARRC weekend in all their "glory". You want to train on becoming a better driver, watch Yiannis video, not mine. :) Race video from Sat is up, the other videos from Sunday are still uploading and will probably finish in 4 hours.

http://vimeo.com/user1890692

Yes, I know... I pussy foot through the oval when the tires are cold. And yes, I go hot into turn 3, at least too hot, twice.

Ok, back to work for me.

How disappointing, just as to get to my "incident" you stop stop the video. Now I cannot show everyone "bad" it was and how I toughed out the big one!!!!:rolleyes:

mossaidis
06-06-2012, 09:24 PM
Sorry Dan, I think I deleted the original video... :(

Abhi, get your silver sharpie READY! cause I am goin' sign that impact crater I worked so hard for!