PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Used SM Springs and Sway Bars

JLawton
05-07-2012, 08:58 AM
Anyone out there who pulled their SM parts off when they made their Miata for ITA? Don't need shocks..........

jlawton at echn.org

Thanks.

Andy Bettencourt
05-07-2012, 09:35 AM
Learn to drive it before you change it....

JLawton
05-07-2012, 09:51 AM
Mind your own business. :)

We're out of adjustments and we need a good starting point. I don't want to go throwing springs, bars or shocks at it without a base line set-up.

Andy Bettencourt
05-07-2012, 10:05 AM
Mind your own business. :)

We're out of adjustments and we need a good starting point. I don't want to go throwing springs, bars or shocks at it without a base line set-up.

Like I said, learn to drive it before you change ANYTHING...

I can guarantee you that you have too much corner entry speed and instant throttle stabbing from your FWD days. You 'think' it's loose because you are driving it that way. Give it one more set of races, you are headed the wrong direction...

Slow down more, power on sooner, profit. You don't need to make the car rotate...

Trust me.

mossaidis
05-07-2012, 10:14 AM
http://d-series.org/forums/images/smilie/popcorn.gif (http://d-series.org/forums/images/smilie/popcorn.gif)

Andy Bettencourt
05-07-2012, 11:08 AM
But you WILL have a nice rain racer. :)

TStiles
05-07-2012, 11:16 AM
I've got a front sway and end links from a 95 SM that you can have cheap

Andy Bettencourt
05-07-2012, 11:28 AM
Abhi? I'll check the shop for our stuff. I bet we have the springs and bars.

JLawton
05-08-2012, 08:34 AM
All set. thanks everyone.

If an SM can now do a 1:15.9 at NHMS, why wouldn't adding xx horse power to the equation be the hot set-up? (what do the better SMs make for HP?) Granted, in no way am I saying I have the talent to come anywhere close to that in a SM............... :shrug:

Andy Bettencourt
05-08-2012, 08:56 AM
All set. thanks everyone.

If an SM can now do a 1:15.9 at NHMS, why wouldn't adding xx horse power to the equation be the hot set-up? (what do the better SMs make for HP?) Granted, in no way am I saying I have the talent to come anywhere close to that in a SM............... :shrug:

When you run at the time of the day when all the track records are falling, then your times are great! Lap times fell about a second in Q2.

The flaw in your theory is that the SM set-up is good...you can't do better? You are on your own now my friend.

Flyinglizard
05-08-2012, 11:21 AM
I need the 99 spec parts. The entire package. Thanks, MM Email and phone in sig.
MM