PDA

View Full Version : NHMS Memorial Day Weekend Roll Call

Abhi
04-27-2012, 12:39 PM
OK we got 8 entries for ITA already.

That's the highest count of any class.

Let's keep it going.... Who else is coming ?

I see that Mickey is entered with his show quality paint job car. Wonder if Lawton will put a tire mark on it. :D

Abhi

JLawton
04-27-2012, 01:58 PM
OK we got 8 entries for ITA already.

That's the highest count of any class.

Let's keep it going.... Who else is coming ?

I see that Mickey is entered with his show quality paint job car. Wonder if Lawton will put a tire mark on it. :D

Abhi

- Considering Andy insulted the entire ITA field in the Northeast with his arrogance, it doesn't suprise me everyone is coming out.

- I already put a mark on Mickey's car. The damn thing is right in the way when trying to get parts/wheels to the back of the shop.....

- Abhi, are you going to post the video of when you were in inpound after qualifying last weekend? You really need to........... Krista and I just start cracking up when ever one of us starts to mention it. I'm telling you, it could rival "I was Seventh"

- Memorial Day weekend is going to be all about fun for me. No pressures. Lots of socializing (I'm still trying to figure out how to get a gas grill up there so we can all do some grillin'!! Anyone have any room to bring one?), just havin' fun.

Greg Amy
04-27-2012, 02:02 PM
- Memorial Day weekend is going to be all about fun for me. No pressures. Lots of socializing (I'm still trying to figure out how to get a gas grill up there so we can all do some grillin'!! Anyone have any room to bring one?), just havin' fun.
+1. Right now I'm scheduled to be on-call for work, but if I can re-arrange things then Thea and I may go. I'd instruct on Friday (maybe on-track if I've got the tires for it) and then maybe work Tech for the weekend (Dick is trying to guilt me into it.)

Regardless, it's always a fun weekend. - GA

CRallo
04-27-2012, 03:26 PM
Make it a charcoal grill and I'll think about it :p

Abhi
04-27-2012, 03:40 PM
-
- Abhi, are you going to post the video of when you were in inpound after qualifying last weekend? You really need to........... Krista and I just start cracking up when ever one of us starts to mention it. I'm telling you, it could rival "I was Seventh"

Here you go.... Laugh away.

https://vimeo.com/41162428

Abhi

almracing
04-27-2012, 04:04 PM
http://youtu.be/tfZ9KTXK5sY

3:11 mark -- Classic

gizmo83
04-27-2012, 04:07 PM
:rolleyes:Jeff if you are serious we have a travel gas grill that I think we could get in the truck!!?? Let me know!

mossaidis
04-27-2012, 06:37 PM
Here you go.... Laugh away.

https://vimeo.com/41162428

Abhi

I tried backing out of the garage from NHMS when the front of my car was...ah, on jacks. I think the COMSCC guys called it the "driving move of the year". I didn't go anywhere.

Jeff, "parts/wheels"... is that what you call your Mini now, "parts/wheels"? tisk-tisk

mossaidis
04-27-2012, 07:01 PM
I'm telling you, it could rival "I was Seventh"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zyr6VDaaWJE

"They won't let me out! I am SEVENTH!!... I don't know why..."

jimalley
04-27-2012, 07:04 PM
Abhi

I wasn't there but glad you posted this. Love the hand action. Nice to know I am not the only one to do things like this. See you memorial day weekend!

Andy Bettencourt
04-27-2012, 09:08 PM
I am sure we will have our grill up and running. Come one, come all!

vwzx7
04-27-2012, 09:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zyr6VDaaWJE

"They won't let me out! I am SEVENTH!!... I don't know why..."

Freakin funny!

JLawton
04-28-2012, 04:14 PM
- Considering Andy insulted the entire ITA field in the Northeast with his arrogance, it doesn't suprise me everyone is coming out.

I was just kidding about Andy Insulting everyone, but it did sound like he was calling us all out in the "Granite State" thread!! :)

Yes Denise, I was serious.

Thanks for posting Abhi!!!:lol:

1stgen
04-29-2012, 06:50 PM
Hey, a little off topic but i cant find a listing for the tech scrutineer for the may nhms event. Does anyone have a contact # for tech? need to make an appt for my annual to be done at the event.

Greg Amy
04-29-2012, 07:40 PM
No appointment is needed (or accepted) to get your car tech'd at the event. Just show up and stand in line, and we'll take care of you tout-suite! - GA

Abhi
04-29-2012, 09:57 PM
No appointment is needed (or accepted) to get your car tech'd at the event. Just show up and stand in line, and we'll take care of you tout-suite! - GA

Personally, I find the process works better if you bring an offering of (imported) beer

1stgen
04-30-2012, 03:05 AM
I think i can handle the imported beer...probably bring the grill too so Mickey can cook his silly vegetarian shit....;-)

Abhi
04-30-2012, 07:54 AM
probably bring the grill too so Mickey can cook his silly vegetarian shit....;-)

Aah...now I understand what stunted his growth :)

Abhi

CRallo
04-30-2012, 09:52 AM

Abhi

Look who is talking! :p

vicktorvolpe
04-30-2012, 03:11 PM
I tried backing out of the garage from NHMS when the front of my car was...ah, on jacks. I think the COMSCC guys called it the "driving move of the year". I didn't go anywhere.

Ask Matt about when I kicked the ramps out from under my car when going on the trailer.....whoops.

Ed Funk
04-30-2012, 03:47 PM
Look who is talking! :p

Thought it...didn't wanna say, being a polite guy and all.

JLawton
04-30-2012, 04:33 PM
Does anyone know of a motel that has cheap suites? (as in cheaper than two rooms at the Red Roof) Looked all over the internet but nothing reasonably priced............

Greg Amy
04-30-2012, 04:36 PM
Does anyone know of a motel that has cheap suites? (as in cheaper than two rooms at the Red Roof) Looked all over the internet but nothing reasonably priced............
Welcome to vacation time in New Hampshuh...

Nothing in Concord? There's a Fairfield Inn and Marriott Courtyard I've stayed at in the past. It's only 5-10 minutes farther than the Roof. - GA

LMcB
04-30-2012, 06:22 PM

Last weekend we stayed at the Days Inn which is at the south end of Concord, very convenient. Got a room on Hotwire at the last minute for $52. It was great because we could back the truck right up to the door of the room to unload, didn't need to trek through the parking lot into the lobby and up the stairs or into an elevator. Big parking lot, too. Definitely not fancy but it was clean and the people were friendly. Breakfast is pretty bad, though. Some friends of ours stayed at the Holiday Inn for $64 (not Hotwire). HTH.

CRallo
04-30-2012, 07:04 PM
Thought it...didn't wanna say, being a polite guy and all.

you? Hold your tongue?

well Abhi and I go way back lol and I'm sure that he'll get me back :024:

Dano77
04-30-2012, 08:29 PM
Jeff,

If you pay my entry and let me pass you. You can stay at my house, Ill be at the track in the camper.

Is it a deal?????

Or the Best western Concord Inn and Suites. Holiday Inn express and Suites and the Hampton Inn and Suites, Tilton NH North on 106 to 140 into Tilton NH and they have the Outlet Mall too.

Dan.

mossaidis
05-01-2012, 10:24 AM
I think i can handle the imported beer...probably bring the grill too so Mickey can cook his silly vegetarian shit....;-)

Abhi
Game on boys.... GAME ON!!! :cavallo:

Abhi
05-01-2012, 11:07 AM
Game on boys.... GAME ON!!! :cavallo:

Since I am shorter than Mickey, I can make fun of him. :)

Mickey...Matt made me a raised platform for the floor of my car. Now my feet reach the pedals to heel-toe correctly. Seriously...huge difference when braking into turn 3 at NHMS.

Abhi

MMiskoe
05-01-2012, 10:09 PM
(I'm still trying to figure out how to get a gas grill up there so we can all do some grillin'!! Anyone have any room to bring one?)I have ended up w/ 3 at the house, ought to be able to bring one, I think I'm probably the closest one to the track to begin with.

Looking forward to the event, hoping there might be some ITS cars, all the damn ITA cars seem to stealing the show. What happened to the days of the ITS/ITB group being 38 cars and places 5 through 15 being separated by less than a second?

JLawton
05-02-2012, 02:22 PM
Just read the sups (you all do that, right??) and it says no open fires including gas and charcoal are allowed in the garage area. Not sure if the rules have changed but a few years back we would bring a gas grill and have hamburgers and hotdogs for breakfast, lunch and dinner............ :shrug:

Oh well.

raffaelli
05-02-2012, 02:26 PM
Anyone have an opening in a garage or want to share?

mossaidis
05-02-2012, 02:40 PM
Just read the sups (you all do that, right??) and it says no open fires including gas and charcoal are allowed in the garage area. Not sure if the rules have changed but a few years back we would bring a gas grill and have hamburgers and hotdogs for breakfast, lunch and dinner............ :shrug:

Oh well.

Does garage area also include the parking lot?

mossaidis
05-02-2012, 02:51 PM
Since I am shorter than Mickey, I can make fun of him. :)

Mickey...Matt made me a raised platform for the floor of my car. Now my feet reach the pedals to heel-toe correctly. Seriously...huge difference when braking into turn 3 at NHMS.

Abhi

ouch! I can't wait to see it at NHMS! it might be FB worthy!

Andy Bettencourt
05-02-2012, 03:10 PM
Does garage area also include the parking lot?

I doubt it. I bet they just don't want open flames inside the garage...

mossaidis
05-02-2012, 03:25 PM
Exactly... i see guys with COM always lighting up gas grills on the parking lot, just a distance away from the garage.

JLawton
05-04-2012, 09:51 AM
So far there are no SM double dippers in ITMiata. Looks like they are all in STL. Is that a scheduling "thing"?

it is kinda sad to see the ranks of IT decreasing over the years.........

gran racing
05-04-2012, 12:03 PM
Huge, massive, deep sigh. Might end up giving NHMS one more try even though I've sucked there in the past and don't get the track.

Andy / Abi, got any video that I could learn the right way around the track?

CRallo
05-04-2012, 12:18 PM
We cooked with charcoal last year by our trailer across from our garage last year... That's all I know

dickita15
05-04-2012, 02:30 PM
Huge, massive, deep sigh. Might end up giving NHMS one more try even though I've sucked there in the past and don't get the track.

maybe you should sign up for the Friday driver's school.

gran racing
05-04-2012, 02:40 PM
I'll either do the Thurs Test & Tune or the driver's school. (Certainly not both.)

Abhi
05-04-2012, 02:51 PM

I do have video from the last weekend. However it is 3GB. I will burn it to a DVD and leave it at Matt's for you.

Unless I figure out how to convert it to a lower resolution, then I will post it to Vimeo. Just got the new GoPro HD2.

gran racing
05-04-2012, 03:21 PM
Ah, cool! Thanks. The file would be large unless only showing 6 or 7 minutes worth. Much appreciate Abhi.

itracer
05-04-2012, 03:35 PM
... got any video that I could learn the right way around the track?

Follow the red #17 around the track from green to checker and at least you'lll finish behind me! :eclipsee_steering:

gran racing
05-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Won't be racing in ITB. :)

JLawton
05-04-2012, 04:11 PM

Ziiiiing!!!
(on me) Although Andy can show you a 14.8, I can show you my 15.0...... (and we're not talking inches...........)

I'll either do the Thurs Test & Tune or the driver's school. (Certainly not both.)

Although I didn't double check I don't think there is a test and tune on Thursday. However, they will be selling test "sessions" in between school groups. I think it was in the sups

Andy Bettencourt
05-04-2012, 04:41 PM
Ziiiiing!!!
(on me) Although Andy can show you a 14.8, I can show you my 15.0...... (and we're not talking inches...........)

Although I didn't double check I don't think there is a test and tune on Thursday. However, they will be selling test "sessions" in between school groups. I think it was in the sups

Correct. The Cycling Club is there Thursday. Test groups can be bought on first come first served at the event.

gran racing
05-04-2012, 05:58 PM
(on me) Although Andy can show you a 14.8, I can show you my 15.0......

No Jeff. I know you've gone fast there in the Saturn but also realize you're on transition phase with the Miata. I will watch your Miata video for entertainment purposes too. LOL

After this weekend, I'll watch your video to learn. :)

Andy Bettencourt
05-04-2012, 06:39 PM
There are a million SM vids out there to help you. It will be fun!!!

My line through 3 and 9 are a bit different than most.

1stgen
05-05-2012, 10:27 PM
Anyone know what the deal is with the numbers listed on motorsportreg.com? For some reason the number listed for my car is wrong.

Ed Funk
05-06-2012, 08:42 AM
Anyone know what the deal is with the numbers listed on motorsportreg.com? For some reason the number listed for my car is wrong.

Dunno, in the Prod group, there are three # 1's!

1stgen
05-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Dunno, in the Prod group, there are three # 1's!

You are all winners!

Ed Funk
05-06-2012, 03:12 PM
You are all winners!

Izat spelt "whiner"?

mossaidis
05-07-2012, 11:21 PM
We're up to 14 ITA cars and we still have 3 weeks to go. Teehee... I feel bad for the lone SSB car though.

JLawton
05-08-2012, 07:46 AM
I feel bad for the lone SSB car though.

Don't feel bad for Bob. He's been running like that for years.......

It's more the SM cross overs running 16s you should be worried about............ If you're running 18s this race you probably won't make it into the top 5......... That will be embarrassing if it's Andy, then four SM cars..........

it is sad that we get excited aver a field of 14 ITA cars.......... Used to get in the high 20s

mossaidis
05-08-2012, 10:12 AM
When did we have 20+ car fields Jeff? WTF happened? I started in 2009 yet with the belief that we would have 20+ car fields. I almost want to back to the entry logs from 2006 on and see who has fallen off the list: which ones went to another class, which ones left SCCA.

Do you include yourself in that SM cross over list? :)

Ed Funk
05-08-2012, 12:19 PM
Back just after the earth's crust cooled, B was the big field, many 20-30 car fields. Frequently more B cars than A,C,S combined. My first win was at LRP at the 2nd John Stim race...B only, 30 plus cars. Steph (who I had yet to meet) was in the back of the pace car and has a photo of the field going through West Bend....cars were still coming over the top of the Uphill!

wepsbee
05-08-2012, 04:18 PM

It's more the SM cross overs running 16s you should be worried about............ If you're running 18s this race you probably won't make it into the top 5......... That will be embarrassing if it's Andy, then four SM cars..........

it is sad that we get excited aver a field of 14 ITA cars.......... Used to get in the high 20s
Just as I get to the 18's ( and thrilled to be there ), hoping to get into the high 17's I now have no hope and need to get into the 16's, It will never end!!:shrug:

JLawton
05-08-2012, 04:23 PM
It will never end!!:shrug:

After three years you're just figuring it out NOW?? Wait until you start going nuts buying new tires..........

Dano77
05-08-2012, 04:27 PM
I can remember fields of 20 to 25 A cars and 11 of them were RX7's 2000 NARRC Runoffs pic with me on row 2 and cars still coming over hill at west bend.

The good old days.

Dan

JLawton
05-08-2012, 04:28 PM
I almost want to back to the entry logs from 2006 on and see who has fallen off the list: which ones went to another class, which ones left SCCA.

Do you include yourself in that SM cross over list? :)

I'm not sure if there is anyone else left besides Andy, Shane, Anthony Ruddy and I that I can recall. I think most have moved on to other classes. Richie went to NASA, Crazy Joe finally got a girlfriend. There were a bunch of 240s that ran......

Ed Funk
05-08-2012, 04:42 PM
I'm not sure if there is anyone else left besides Andy, Shane, Anthony Ruddy and I that I can recall. I think most have moved on to other classes. Richie went to NASA, Crazy Joe finally got a girlfriend. There were a bunch of 240s that ran......

I'll be bach!

CRallo
05-09-2012, 06:00 AM
The NH 240's all went SM and have all even quit that. Max cut out his door bars, put the interior back in and the dif out and put his 240 back on the street. Justin and I are poor...

raffaelli
05-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Looks like it will have two open crew spots.

Still looking to share a garage.

lateapex911
05-09-2012, 02:48 PM

Well, one change that will happen as a result of the ITA Miata weight gain is the loss of the SM crossover guys, as they will now be REALLY illegal for ITA if they don't bolt in enough weight to make the new 2460 number. I'd guess they'll all go to ST instead.

So expect ITA numbers to drop further.

mossaidis
05-10-2012, 03:42 PM
17 ITA/7 cars registered so far...

Andy Bettencourt
05-10-2012, 04:00 PM
17 ITA/7 cars registered so far...

An awesome field too.

mossaidis
05-10-2012, 06:22 PM
As long as NO ONE scratches the car or I don't make contact with anything... it will be a good time for me!

jimalley
05-10-2012, 06:35 PM
As long as NO ONE scratches the car or I don't make contact with anything... it will be a good time for me!

It won't be me Mick, new paint job for me as well:happy204:

jimalley
05-10-2012, 06:38 PM

Been In ITA since 2005. Nobody remembers the back runners:(

almracing
05-10-2012, 07:55 PM
Go back even further and we would run with BOTH Sheppard brothers... and 1:20's was fast for ITA.

Andy Bettencourt
05-10-2012, 08:52 PM

Me too!

biovic
05-10-2012, 09:53 PM
Been In ITA since 2005. Nobody remembers the back runners:(

I remember you Jim. :D
I may even be there for one day but maybe not running near the front anymore, I haven't been practicing enough these last few years. And my Integra will most likely have a For Sale sign on it.

Victor
#03 ITA Integra

JLawton
05-11-2012, 08:12 AM
Timmmmmmmmmmmmy!!!!!!

Up to 18!!!!

Man, I just hope I can manage to stay in the top 6!!! :blink:

rhygin
05-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Nice field shaping up. I still have not header and such but I might try for Sunday only. Racing form the back with such a big field should be fun! Did it once last year at Lime Rock and it was crazy... cars everywhere. Ended up 2nd after starting 16th cuz it became a demolition derby.

wepsbee
05-11-2012, 12:13 PM
Nice field shaping up. I still have not header and such but I might try for Sunday only. Racing form the back with such a big field should be fun! Did it once last year at Lime Rock and it was crazy... cars everywhere. Ended up 2nd after starting 16th cuz it became a demolition derby.
Brad,
Looks like you can scare a few of the "pretty" cars away by just getting close.:rolleyes:

wepsbee
05-11-2012, 12:16 PM
Tim,
How about a game of Integra's against the Miata's.:eclipsee_steering:

jimalley
05-11-2012, 08:21 PM
Tim,
LOL Careful what you wish for, you are outnumbered:D

wepsbee
05-11-2012, 08:32 PM
LOL Careful what you wish for, you are outnumbered:D
True:happy204:

raffaelli
05-11-2012, 10:22 PM
Don't forget about the hondas............:eclipsee_steering:

Tkczecheredflag
05-11-2012, 10:26 PM
Tim,
Dan - I'm game - I have a little to do to get the TEG ready but think it should work out. I am excited to being back at NHMS. We will have our work cut out for us Dan.

Tkczecheredflag
05-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Timmmmmmmmmmmmy!!!!!!

Up to 18!!!!

Man, I just hope I can manage to stay in the top 6!!! :blink:
You'll be fine Jeff - Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Dano77
05-13-2012, 10:40 AM
Hit A Honda Win A Prize. That was back when the RX7 was half the field of 20ish cars. And Tim K was in ITC in a civic. AAHHH memories

There should be another RX7 in the field, if it makes it thru the Hillclimb next week. And its not a scared of no Miatas.

Dan

JLawton
05-16-2012, 07:27 AM

Me too!

Bwaaahaaaaahaaaaaa!!!<evil laugh> Good old flat white and flat black that's seen better days on my car!! And a guy driving it who has not clue what he's doing!! (see sideways picture above) :wacko:

Too bad there aren't more signed up for the school. A little disappointing.

mossaidis
05-18-2012, 10:26 AM
on the bright side, we're up to 21 ITA/7 cars!!! YEAH!

CRallo
05-18-2012, 10:49 AM
on the bright side, we're up to 21 ITA/7 cars!!! YEAH!

AWESOME!!!!

You guys don't wanna know where I'll be lol

StephenB
05-18-2012, 12:41 PM
I am In! 8 other ITR cars to race with... how could I resist! :)

raffaelli
05-18-2012, 06:30 PM
What are the rules for the fun runs?

Magical Trevor
05-18-2012, 06:56 PM
The test sessions? Don't see why they'd be different from any other "non-race" session as per GCR.

mossaidis
05-18-2012, 08:13 PM

I have not heard that since my Mohud Auto-X days!

raffaelli
05-19-2012, 01:51 AM
...guess I mean for the track rides listed in the supps. May have a few people interested in a ride.

itracer
05-19-2012, 06:09 PM

Track rides are for any licensed driver. Regular street cars. Passengers allowed as long as everyone has a seat belt on.

Usually a donation to the worker fund.

ner88
05-21-2012, 07:44 AM
Track rides are "if time allows" at the end of the day. We went overtime last event and it cost us one hour of track rental ++, that won't happen again!:(

RHallRacing
05-21-2012, 10:30 AM
Hey guys, who do i contact at the track about getting a garage? If theres any left.

We're bring up 3cars, ITB VW's and looking for one of the bigger garages...
Thanks guys and see you there

CRallo
05-21-2012, 11:00 AM
Garages are standard unless I have missed something. Rental gets you one door( two bays ). Three cars is tight but I've seen people make it work. I'd get two and the use the extra space for hospitality. Or sub it out.

the main office number at the track works. Just tell them what you want.

StephenB
05-21-2012, 11:07 PM
Holy Crap!! This is an AMAZING turnout for NHMS!
To bad all of IT wasn't together like the old days... fun for the workers :)

Class Totals:
ITA: 23
ITR: 10
ITS: 9
ITB: 7
IT7: 2

gran racing
05-22-2012, 06:24 PM
Hmmm, bring rains or can they stay home? Would prefer to lug up extra dry tires and keep the rains out of the sun.

raffaelli
05-22-2012, 09:30 PM
Hmmm, bring rains or can they stay home? Would prefer to lug up extra dry tires and keep the rains out of the sun.

Please bring them this way we wont need them.

JLawton
05-23-2012, 07:30 AM

Never, EVER leave the rains at home. There is no better way to ensure that it will rain........... i did that once............ and ONLY once.

Ed Funk
05-23-2012, 08:43 AM
Ask tGA.

CRallo
05-23-2012, 11:13 AM

Come on Dave, you know better! :p

benspeed
05-23-2012, 12:20 PM
I'm out - sorry guys. Too many hotties coming down to hang on my boat. All wife approved and certified bikini babes :-)

gran racing
05-23-2012, 12:24 PM
Errr, how do we go about getting a boarding pass? :D

RSTPerformance
05-23-2012, 02:37 PM
Dave-

Clearly all you need is a bikini...

Raymond

BruceG
05-23-2012, 03:37 PM
I'm out - sorry guys. Too many hotties coming down to hang on my boat. All wife approved and certified bikini babes :-)

Hanging out off Fire Island again, Ben?.....LOL

05-24-2012, 09:35 AM
Can we get into the track and camp Thursday night?

wepsbee
05-24-2012, 09:53 AM
I need this weekend bad!!!!!!!!

ner88
05-24-2012, 10:30 AM
Can we get into the track and camp Thursday night?
Yes

gran racing
05-24-2012, 02:23 PM
But per the e-mail from Maryanne, get there in time for registration or they wanted to know so your name would be given to the track.

Tkczecheredflag
05-25-2012, 05:35 AM
It is with regret that I say I will not be able to join you all this weekend. Have a safe and fun event.

mossaidis
05-25-2012, 09:55 PM
eeek! Sorry to hear Tim...

mossaidis
08-20-2012, 11:22 PM
This thread will raise from the dead.

Why weren't the results posted on nediv.org?

ner88
08-21-2012, 04:08 AM
Try NER.org :shrug: