PDA

View Full Version : Pro-IT - spec miata tire question

vicktorvolpe
04-05-2012, 10:33 PM
Just read this in the rules, and was looking for some clarification:

Spec Miata (SM) cars must conform to Spec Miata Category specifications (SMCS). SM
will compete on tires as per the NARRC (www.NARRC.com) rules. The spec tires for SM are
the Toyo Proxes RA-1, Toyo R888 and Hoosier SM 6, size 205-50R15; only one brand can
be run at an event.

If I read this correctly, I can only bring one type of tire to the event. I assume that means same for rain tires.....so if I have toyo rain tires I need to run toyo dries.

'lil help?

-Vick

Terry Hanushek
04-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Victor

Spec Miata (SM) cars must conform to Spec Miata Category specifications (SMCS). SM will compete on tires as per the NARRC (www.NARRC.com (http://www.NARRC.com)) rules. The spec tires for SM are the Toyo Proxes RA-1, Toyo R888 and Hoosier SM 6, size 205-50R15; only one brand can be run at an event.

If I read this correctly, I can only bring one type of tire to the event. I assume that means same for rain tires.....so if I have toyo rain tires I need to run toyo dries.

The purpose of this rule is permit competitors to run on any one of three different tires (RA-1, R888 or SM6) without allowing switches during the event e.g. qualify on one tire, race on another. Rain tire are (will be) free.

The Pro IT rules will be updated to clarify the rain situation.

Terry

vicktorvolpe
04-06-2012, 07:19 AM
Thanks Terry. I'm still in a bit of a bind since I race NASA & SCCA, but only have two sets of dry wheels (and one of them has hoosiers on it). No big deal, part of the rules, and rules have to be followed.

Thank you for clarifying the rain tires. That helps make things easier.

-Vick