PDA

View Full Version : no 98 vw's?

Anviltester
03-03-2012, 04:24 PM
looking at itb to build some new cars. noticed for the golf that there is no listing for the 1998 model year. is this a typo or intentional? up to 97 and from 99-03. who would i need to see about clarification on this? these cars are hard enough to find cheap and im finding a couple of 98's but dont want to build if no class.

lateapex911
03-03-2012, 04:30 PM
If the 98s are the same as the 97s, it should be easy to get it added
The ITAC guys are very friendly. If there are differences, they need to know.

before I left the ITAc they were working on a submission sheet for car requests. You just fill in the blanks. Basically its the things you see in the ITCS, and some other questions they will use to class it.

Go to the website and shoot a request through the letter submission system.

Knestis
03-03-2012, 05:44 PM
You can get the '98 added, no problem. When you go shopping, be aware that floor rust is a HUGE issue on these cars. We added several days - plus new floor pan sheet metal - when we built Pablo II.

K

JeffYoung
03-03-2012, 08:16 PM
This looks like an easy one, shoot us a request and we will get it classed.

Thanks.

Jeff

Anviltester
03-04-2012, 02:44 PM
where do i send the request and find any app that i need to fill out?

Chip42
03-04-2012, 05:37 PM
crbscca.com

there's a blank for a letter and you can submit attachments. the more data you can give us the better, but if it matches an already classed car, just show proof of that and it's an easy process.

Greg Amy
03-04-2012, 05:38 PM
There's no VIN rule. Just make sure all the specs are the same as the '97, and call it a '97. Then, use the process to get the '98 added later.

GA

lateapex911
03-04-2012, 05:53 PM
crbscca.com

there's a blank for a letter and you can submit attachments. the more data you can give us the better, but if it matches an already classed car, just show proof of that and it's an easy process.

Chip, isn't there a IT version of the VTS sheet? Or if not, shouldn't he be filling out a VTS sheet? (Assuming it's different in some way form the already classed '97)

Chip42
03-04-2012, 08:54 PM
Chip, isn't there a IT version of the VTS sheet? Or if not, shouldn't he be filling out a VTS sheet? (Assuming it's different in some way form the already classed '97)

if the car's the same as an existing (which it appears to be) I'm not really interested in a VTS. the official VTS has too many blanks we don't need and I think it scares some people off. I don't know of an IT VTS but I'll work on getting one approved because it's a good idea.

for now, though, just post the important stats - everything from the standard IT listing and we'll do the background. if its a new listing, we'll need more info.

lateapex911
03-04-2012, 09:17 PM
the official VTS has too many blanks we don't need and I think it scares some people off. I don't know of an IT VTS but I'll work on getting one approved because it's a good idea.

Agreed...The big VTS has lots of WTF blanks, like windshield angle?

One was supposed to being done when I left the ITAC. Should be an easy thing and make it smoother for the applicant.

Knestis
03-04-2012, 10:50 PM
There's no VIN rule. Just make sure all the specs are the same as the '97, and call it a '97. Then, use the process to get the '98 added later.

GA

Yeah, duh. The only reason Pablo is a '94 is because I've "declared" it to be the case in the logbook. Good thinking, Greg.

K

David Boles
03-12-2012, 02:43 PM
I have a 97 and a 98 (Im building the 97) and everything seem to be the same. Looking the ETKA sheets, it looks like a line for line copy. The engines, trans gears, HP ratings ETC are all the same.