PDA

View Full Version : Open Track Days at NJMP - $399

vicktorvolpe
02-22-2012, 03:58 PM
One of my friends has started a small track day company in cojunction with VAC motorsports, a local BMW shop.

They should be great events. About 35 cars on track max, and all good drivers with good manners. Also access to Aaron Povoledo for data laps, video coaching and track walks, and limited pit support from VAC. VAC may also bring a setup rig, and be available for some suspension work (at an additional rate)

All the information can be found at the following website: https://www.opentrackdayevents.com/ You can also register there.

The schedule is as follows:

April 2nd on Thunderbolt - great event to get tuned up for the 12 hour enduro at the end of April. Also it should be a good test day for Grand Am teams
May 2nd at Thunderbolt - Good to warm up for any Pro IT cars or PCA cars getting ready for the support races with Grand Am
June 6th at Thunderbolt
July 9th at Thunderbolt
August 20th at Lightning
September 17th at Lightning

Cost for the test day is $399.

I'm thinking they will be great test days, and chances to get a lot of track time and a bit of coaching. If anyone has any questions, shoot me an email

Cheers,
Vick
[email protected]

PDoane
02-23-2012, 01:20 PM
According to this post

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1792367

pit support isn't so "limited"

VAC is a good shop. They did a lot of work on the Grand AM BMW that Nick DiMeo & I built/raced back in 2006 and I'm having them build a Toyota motor for my ITA car now.

vicktorvolpe
02-23-2012, 03:49 PM
This is true. They will probably be bringing their setup equipment, but that's available at an additional charge. Included in the $399 is tires and temps, and some advice based off of that (at least that's the last I heard).

-Vick

CRallo
02-23-2012, 11:37 PM
Vic was saying that limited support was included in the 399... VAC has the ability to provide just about whatever you will need, for a fair cost of course :)

vicktorvolpe
04-06-2012, 09:45 AM
Well, the first event went off without a hitch. A porsche decided to take a close look at the wall, but other than that all went well.

The next day is May 2nd, which is good timing for the Pro-IT supporting Grand Am Race. Lots of track time for the money! Also a great opportunity for a guided track walk so you can look up close and personal at the curbs and track surface.

www.opentrackdayevents.com

-Vick

[email protected]

vicktorvolpe
04-23-2012, 09:25 AM
Hey all, thank you for the support and the people who have signed up for the May 2nd event. Will be a lot of fun for sure.

Looks like about five spots left if anyone wants to join for some testing. I'll be there bouncing around in my paint splattered jelly bean.

vicktorvolpe
04-30-2012, 04:10 PM
If anyone was on the fence with weather...looking like 75 and sunny Wednesday at NJMP!

SMac92
04-30-2012, 08:58 PM
I'll be there for the June 6th event. This looks like an awesome deal for what comes with it. Does their pit lane service entail tire temp/psi readings, or is there more included?

Steven

vicktorvolpe
05-01-2012, 07:22 AM
I'll be there for the June 6th event. This looks like an awesome deal for what comes with it. Does their pit lane service entail tire temp/psi readings, or is there more included?

Steven

Steve:

Pit lane service is tire temps and pressures. Once you have that sheet though you can probably grab Tony and see what he suggests from there. Keep in mind he's a rwd guy, so maybe you do what I do and send whoever helps you with setups a picture of the temp and pressure chart and say "ok, now what?"

SMac92
05-01-2012, 01:35 PM
OK thanks for the help. I'll probably just use this day to get myself familiar with the car again, college really gets in the way of racing. I think I'll just look at the temps/psi myself and go from there, the car really needs to be setup again, but I don't spend enough time in the car to tell the difference.

Steven

monsterbronco
05-03-2012, 10:58 AM
Great event! Lots of track time!

Nice meeting you Vick!

There was a guy taking pictures any idea who that was?

vicktorvolpe
06-13-2012, 07:03 PM
Hey all, the next event for the "Joey G Track Day" is July 9th, on Thunderbolt.

I know it's about a month before the next SCCA race there, it's still a good day to work on setups and get some coaching. Also not a bad place to heat cycle hoosiers (now that us miata guys have to do that, I kind of get it.)

I'll be there slinging my miata around and generally having a good time. Trying to talk some of the P-car guys into letting me drive their cars.

www.opentrackdayevents.com

-Vick

CRallo
06-14-2012, 10:39 AM
Great events, bring 'em out guys!!!

vicktorvolpe
07-04-2012, 10:03 AM
Well, looking like great weather for the July 9th event on Thunderbolt!

This is the last open track day we'll be hosting on Thunderbolt. The rest of the days will be on Lightning.

It's a great day to scrub tires in for the WGI July Sprints, and to get ready for the August race at NJMP.

Hope to see some of you guys there!

-Vick