PDA

View Full Version : Pro-IT at NJMP with Grand-Am

vicktorvolpe
02-22-2012, 08:35 AM
I've never done a pro-IT race before, but would like to do this one.

I tried to sign up on DLB, and don't see a "register" link. Did I miss the boat, or is registration not open yet?

Thanks,
Vick
#12 Miata with the bad paint job

dtanthon
02-22-2012, 09:25 AM
Not open yet.
It will be on DLBRacing.com once opened.

StephenB
02-22-2012, 10:12 AM
Daryll, Any idea on entry fees yet? Just got my tax return so I need to save some of that if I can sneak it away from the wife :)

I am definetly going and would love to help out in any way that I can!

Stephen

vicktorvolpe
02-22-2012, 03:52 PM
Thanks Darrell. I'm hoping for a fun race!

- Vick

CRallo
02-24-2012, 12:36 AM
trying to jump the gun huh Vic? :p

vicktorvolpe
02-24-2012, 08:39 AM
C'mon....it will be my first Pro-IT. I think it will be fun!

Plus I had already resigned myself to not making this race because of a wedding....turns out I had my dates mixed up so now I'm all excited.

StephenB
02-24-2012, 09:46 AM
I am with you vic! This lack of snow has me all messed up and itching to get on track! I can't wait :)

Stephen

Drew M
02-28-2012, 05:36 PM
I am with you vic! This lack of snow has me all messed up and itching to get on track! I can't wait :)

Stephen

What he said. ^^^^

Eagerly awaiting the opening of registration....

TimM ITB
03-21-2012, 03:24 PM
So, just put my schedule together for 2012 - and definitely going to do the May 11-13 weekend at NJMP! Pro-IT and Grand-Am support!! WOOHOO!!
So, just was checking out hotel rooms..........OUCH! almost no rooms available and at ridiculous pricing!! A couple of questions come to mind about this weekend:
- is there, any camping at the NJMP facility? If yes - how is it? Showers? Noise? Facilities in general?
- Is there a schedule available for the weekend yet? I was online but had no success in finding good, detailed info.
- I understand that we will be "on track" on Friday, but if I got down there Wednesday night, is there any practice track time available on Thursday?
I am getting all itchy for the season to start!!!
later,
Tim M.

Knestis
03-21-2012, 05:51 PM
Thinking out of the box, I'm wondering about keeping Pablo up there after the Devil 12 hours and doing this instead of the SARRC double at VIR. Cameron and crew are going to be at Laguna with the Touring cars that weekend, so I'll be kind of on my own if I went south.

K

dtanthon
03-21-2012, 06:13 PM
Patience, figure by the end of next week the entry should be posted. Terry is working on that as well as the school and Devil.
There is plenty of camping at the track. If I remember you will get charged for it, I have not seen the contract so don’t know if it is.
NJMP has good showers with hot water in the Officer’s Club where Driving Impressions is located.
Quiet time is 8 till 8.
From what I’ve been told Friday will be busy for us, expect early sessions on all 3 days but Friday will be busy. There is a lot going on. We should have a great spot on Saturday for our first race. Sunday will be in the morning.
We don’t get any time until Friday. Grand Am has testing on Thursday.
Of course all this is subject to change until we get the entry published.

I also need to get windshield banners, side decals and sponsor decals out to you before the event. I'l do that once the entry is open so I can get everyone before we arrive.

Come on over for the school or Devil, going to be fun!

robits325is
03-21-2012, 10:23 PM
Will we have a specific paddock location?

Terry Hanushek
03-21-2012, 11:31 PM
Rob

Will we have a specific paddock location?

The plan is to have our own paddock area (same as our ARCA support events) but we're not sure where it will be at this time.

Terry

tdw6974
03-22-2012, 07:26 AM
Rob

The plan is to have our own paddock area (same as our ARCA support events) but we're not sure where it will be at this time.

Terry
Terry, the other thing that would be helpfull is to see when we will be able to get in on Thursday. Not that I object to be inline outside the gates BUT would make things more pleasant to be inside setting up at leisurely pace.!! :happy204:Thanks Tom Weaver:eclipsee_steering:

Terry Hanushek
03-22-2012, 10:22 AM
Tom

Terry, the other thing that would be helpfull is to see when we will be able to get in on Thursday. Not that I object to be inline outside the gates BUT would make things more pleasant to be inside setting up at leisurely pace.!! :happy204:Thanks Tom Weaver:eclipsee_steering:

The good news is that Registration will be open on Thursday evening. The bad news is that we will be the first cars on track on Friday morning.

See ya at the races

Terry

StephenB
03-22-2012, 11:53 AM
Terry, what time is it open until, and what time do you think it will open in the am?

I can't wait I'm getting very excited for this year!! I think this weekend is a perfect way to start the year, the only thing that would be better would be too close it grand am weekend at lime rock. but this is already pretty damn cool

Stephen

Terry Hanushek
03-22-2012, 03:28 PM
Stephen

Terry, what time is it open until, and what time do you think it will open in the am?

For our ARCA support races, Registration was open from 6:00-9:00 on Thursday evening and 7:00-10:00 on Friday morning. Although the schedule isn't set yet, I expect similar hours this year.

Terry

mossaidis
03-22-2012, 04:06 PM
Here is what's posted on Grand-am website:

http://www.grand-am.com/assets/2012NewJerseyofficialsched.pdf

Also, do we know which tire suppliers will be there?

zchris
03-22-2012, 09:27 PM
Do we run the Grand Am layout or the typical scca layout. IE. do we run the chicanes.
Chris

Terry Hanushek
03-22-2012, 11:01 PM
Chris

Do we run the Grand Am layout or the typical scca layout. IE. do we run the chicanes.

The Grand Am support races will run the same course as Grand Am including the second chicane.

Terry

tdw6974
03-23-2012, 08:35 PM
Terry, After looking at the Grand Am Schedule. Perhaps We can Get into our paddock area allowing set up Thursday Pm. Just a Thought T Weaver

CRallo
03-23-2012, 08:54 PM
In the past PCA and FCA have been able to move in "early"

Terry Hanushek
03-23-2012, 10:11 PM
Tom

Terry, After looking at the Grand Am Schedule. Perhaps We can Get into our paddock area allowing set up Thursday Pm. Just a Thought T Weaver

Our scedule will include registration on Thursday evening (see post 17 above) and the ability to move in on Thursday evening. We will have a dedicated area in the Paddock.

Terry

Terry Hanushek
03-23-2012, 10:15 PM
Mickey

Also, do we know which tire suppliers will be there?

I am not sure about tire support. Continental, for sure :). There is a possibility that Joe from TreadZone may be there but he is unable to commit at the moment. We will be looking into tire suppliers.

Terry

tdw6974
03-24-2012, 07:31 PM
In the past PCA and FCA have been able to move in "early"
Chris, sure would make it easier to get in Thursday at 1:00 pm. It has varied upon arrival. One time we we able to sign"Track Release" and go in. The next time Had to wait until "30 minutes After activities ended" Tom

Terry Hanushek
03-24-2012, 07:56 PM
Tom

Chris, sure would make it easier to get in Thursday at 1:00 pm.

I'll check on early entry before Registration opens.

Terry

Drew M
03-24-2012, 08:12 PM
Mickey

I am not sure about tire support. Continental, for sure :). There is a possibility that Joe from TreadZone may be there but he is unable to commit at the moment. We will be looking into tire suppliers.

Terry

I'm curious to see if there will be anyone there we can use to change tires. I'm about to buy new sets but the old ones are good for at least the first two practice sessions.

StephenB
03-24-2012, 10:45 PM
I'm curious to see if there will be anyone there we can use to change tires. I'm about to buy new sets but the old ones are good for at least the first two practice sessions.

TEAMDI aka Driving Impressions! Maybe they (Mr. Rallo) will give us IT guys and gals a deal :)

Stephen

mossaidis
04-02-2012, 03:34 PM
Terry, Darell, (Bob in absentia)

I am all itchy! We're eager to put rubber down for PCA, FCA, ST/GS and Rolex! What's the latest? Did we need to ruffle some feathers at Grand am? Am I looking at the wrong registration site?

Mickey

dtanthon
04-02-2012, 04:49 PM
Real soon. Expect a day or 2.
Registration will be on www.DLBRacing.com (http://www.DLBRacing.com). There is a place holder there already.

mossaidis
04-02-2012, 05:24 PM
Thank you sirs! Much appreciated!

StephenB
04-02-2012, 05:42 PM
I think it would be really cool to do a car show / picture in front of the driving impressions friday night. I still think as a group we owe a lot to TEAMDI for originally getting this started. maybe even do a little grilling and have a get together...

mossaidis
04-02-2012, 06:33 PM
Not to be a damper, yet... as showcars, our cars would have to aspire to a new level to compare to PCA, FC and Grand-am cars. Granted, we, as drivers, have more heart, grit and talent of course :)

CRallo
04-02-2012, 08:28 PM
I think it would be really cool to do a car show / picture in front of the driving impressions friday night. I still think as a group we owe a lot to TEAMDI for originally getting this started. maybe even do a little grilling and have a get together...

Sounds good to me!! I'll mention it to Bob and see if we can make this happen!

Not to be a damper, yet... as showcars, our cars would have to aspire to a new level to compare to PCA, FC and Grand-am cars. Granted, we, as drivers, have more heart, grit and talent of course :)

Doesn't mean we can't show them off! :D Besides, I like cars I actually have a chance of owning much better and always have. I can't be the only one...

I'm curious to see if there will be anyone there we can use to change tires. I'm about to buy new sets but the old ones are good for at least the first two practice sessions. Buy more wheels dude :p

TEAMDI aka Driving Impressions! Maybe they (Mr. Rallo) will give us IT guys and gals a deal :)

Stephen Thanks Stephen, but not on site as of yet :/ Our tire equipment is up at our shop in Dover. Conti guys may be able to do it for us if one of our guys doesn't make it...

mossaidis
04-02-2012, 09:05 PM
Doesn't mean we can't show them off! :D Besides, I like cars I actually have a chance of owning much better and always have. I can't be the only one...

Not at all, it's always surprises me what new fans we recruit. At LRP NARRCoffs '09, boy scout troops would salivate over the my Civic or Andy's Miata and just walk past a group of Porsche's and not think twice. If there's a place to display my car, it will be there. New paint job, new decals... it's ready.

vicktorvolpe
04-03-2012, 07:45 AM
Not at all, it's always surprises me what new fans we recruit. At LRP NARRCoffs '09, boy scout troops would salivate over the my Civic or Andy's Miata and just walk past a group of Porsche's and not think twice. If there's a place to display my car, it will be there. New paint job, new decals... it's ready.

I think I got instant fame amongst those boy scouts when they realized I was the car that did a 360 in the left hander and kept going. Signing autographs on old tires for little kids is awesome.

I'll see if the driver side of my car will be fixed by this race. If not it's kind of a jeckyl and hyde type of look I guess.

-Vick

CRallo
04-03-2012, 11:32 AM
Unless you hurt it yesterday, it isn't that bad...

How did it go? Looked for ya a couple times, but always missed you :/

Drew M
04-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Was registration supposed to be up by now?

dtanthon
04-03-2012, 01:50 PM
Registration will be open soon. Last minute details.
I'll blast out an email as well as post here unless someone else beats me to it.

Drew M
04-03-2012, 02:08 PM
Oh right on. Thanks Darrell.

vicktorvolpe
04-03-2012, 04:35 PM
Unless you hurt it yesterday, it isn't that bad...

How did it go? Looked for ya a couple times, but always missed you :/

The day went really well. A few things to iron out from an administrative standpoint, but the on track experience was pretty much top notch.

Morning was on toyos reaquainting myself with my car and the track, afternoon I ran two half hour sessions to get a feel for the hoosiers, then did an hour and a half enduro practice run. Felt really good to be out there again.

CRallo
04-03-2012, 07:31 PM
good to hear!

yea I bet! It was my first weekend of the year back at NJMP... a couple people actually said welcome home :) And I had my car there, but didn't get to drive it lol I rented it for the school.

back on topic:
Seeing the event up on the page, but no reg is such a tease!

dtanthon
04-04-2012, 11:58 AM
Should be open at 12:00
Registration Link (http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/clubracing/clubrace.aspx?EventID=4844&LMID=2777)

dtanthon
04-04-2012, 12:31 PM
There is a promoter test day on Thursday May 10. See www.NJMP.com (http://www.NJMP.com) (this is by the track). Looks like we have morning sessions and Grand-Am Rolex & Continential Tire has the afternoon.

CRallo
04-04-2012, 01:21 PM
There is a promoter test day on Thursday May 10. See www.NJMP.com (http://www.NJMP.com) (this is by the track). Looks like we have morning sessions and Grand-Am Rolex & Continential Tire has the afternoon.

I just ASSumed that wasn't for us... sweet!!!

I am signed up! 20 entries already!!! damn!

vicktorvolpe
04-04-2012, 01:28 PM
I'm in. Take it easy on the new guy, ok?

Mickey.......man I wish we didn't have the same number.

-Vick

Drew M
04-04-2012, 02:26 PM
I'm in. Thanks for the heads up Darrell.

Holy cow. 25 in just a few hours. Looks like everyone is chomping at the bit.

monsterbronco
04-04-2012, 02:47 PM
I'm sorry if its been asked already or if its stated some where obvious (i couldnt find it).

How many crew passes will we get?

Thanks,
Wes

CRallo
04-04-2012, 03:36 PM
usually the magic number is 4.

I'm in!

Muda
04-04-2012, 05:08 PM
Terry, max cars admitted?

StephenB
04-04-2012, 05:14 PM
signed up! only 24 spots left :)

I didn't see anything in the supps about contingency payouts. I assume none due to the nature of the event.?.

Stephen

StephenB
04-04-2012, 05:15 PM
usually the magic number is 4.

I'm in!

I have 6 including my 17 month old... all said free

StephenB
04-04-2012, 05:16 PM
Terry, max cars admitted?

says 56 in the supps and 32 already entered in less than 6 hrs!

Stephen

PS: I suck at the multi quote function :)

mossaidis
04-04-2012, 05:36 PM
I'm in. Take it easy on the new guy, ok?

Mickey.......man I wish we didn't have the same number.

-Vick

whoops... I see, you're now... 42. Sorry :unsure:

mossaidis
04-04-2012, 05:56 PM
I just ASSumed that wasn't for us... sweet!!!

I am signed up! 20 entries already!!! damn!

Test day details can be found here. $450 ($550) is a wee bit steep for 2 hours of track time (4 30 min sessions)... wow.

http://www.njmp.com/test-daygrand-am.html

mossaidis
04-04-2012, 05:57 PM
signed up! only 24 spots left :)

I didn't see anything in the supps about contingency payouts. I assume none due to the nature of the event.?.

Stephen

Payouts vary by event and class. Formulas are listed in the proitseries web site under rules. http://www.proitseries.com/about-us/rules (http://www.proitseries.com/about-us/rules)

Yet... supps say:

"15. AWARDS. The prize fund in Series Rule 6.3 is suspended for this event."

CRallo
04-04-2012, 06:08 PM
Where is ITA?!

signed up! only 24 spots left

Stephen

good question!

I have 6 including my 17 month old... all said free

sweet!

says 56 in the supps and 32 already entered in less than 6 hrs!

Stephen

PS: I suck at the multi quote function

Yes you do!

copy the 56 in the supps... I wonder about the 5 extra thingie... gonna need it!

ba! My number is reserved by someone in ITB! :(

Test day details can be found here. $450 ($550) is a wee bit steep for 2 hours of track time (4 30 min sessions)... wow.

http://www.njmp.com/test-daygrand-am.html

wow is right! ouch! damnit! :shrug:

Payouts vary by event and class. Formulas are listed in the proitseries web site under rules. http://www.proitseries.com/about-us/rules

So do you suck at the multiquote function too, or are you just taunting Stephen?! :blink:

Terry Hanushek
04-04-2012, 09:07 PM
Registration for Rounds 1 and 2 of the 2012 TreadZone Pro IT Series is now open at on the DLB (http://www.dlbracing.com/) site - Select South Jersey Region as the Club to see the event calendar.

Schedule and Supps (http://www.dlbracing.com/download.filx?FileID=1504) ... Register (http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/clubracing/clubrace.aspx?EventID=4844&LMID=2777) ... Entry List (http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/clubdrivers.aspx?EventID=4844&LMID=2767)

The entry since registration opened at noon has been very robust. The GCR limit for the number of cars on course is 56 as stated in the Supps. There is a provision to apply for a waiver but that no decision has been made yet.

There are slots for six crew members on the printed entry and in DLB.
(http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/clubdrivers.aspx?EventID=4844&LMID=2767)
This event is looking like our best ever season opener. I hope that we can accommodate everyone interested in the race.

See ya at the Grand-Am

Terry

CRallo
04-04-2012, 10:13 PM
thanks Terry, Val, Darrel and everyone else!

vicktorvolpe
04-05-2012, 07:48 AM

No problem, it's part of the weird cosmic coincidence that makes us both super awesome.

I've gotten good at turning the "1" into a "4", and besides, it's the same number as my man JPM.

monsterbronco
04-05-2012, 11:40 AM
Another random question.

I usual sleep in a tent at the track, will i be able to do that in the paddock area? in the sups camping only really mentions rv/toter

Thanks!

Wes

benspeed
04-05-2012, 01:58 PM
I'm testing on Monday, coming with a fully redone machine - should be fast. Been doing some serious conditionining too - driver needs to be tuned up :-) Heck, I even started playing some Forza III and I'm 46 - the kids still can't catch me

mossaidis
04-05-2012, 02:28 PM
Another random question.

I usual sleep in a tent at the track, will i be able to do that in the paddock area? in the sups camping only really mentions rv/toter

Thanks!

Wes

ditto. Unless someone is willing to give me sleeping quarters in your RV/toter...

preparedcivic
04-05-2012, 03:00 PM
And hopefully in what will not be a sign of endless pocket-picking for this event, the track just quoted me a weekend RV fee, with no guarantee of electric, of $250.

The supps say it is to be $125. Email already sent to Val Heun and DA.

Stay tuned for the update.

Knestis
04-05-2012, 04:32 PM
...and Kirk and Pablo are IN THE HOUSE.

Since we're going to be there for the Devil, we've worked out a deal to just leave Pablo up there and have Maximum Attack Motorsports manage him for the Pro IT Grand Am weekend. I wanted to run the SARRC/MARRS at VIR that weekend but RennGruppe is on the west coast with the Touring cars.

K

CRallo
04-05-2012, 06:58 PM
come on ITA!!!! any SM's wanna defect and come play us? :p :D

StephenB
04-05-2012, 07:19 PM
I'm testing on Monday, coming with a fully redone machine - should be fast. Been doing some serious conditionining too - driver needs to be tuned up :-) Heck, I even started playing some Forza III and I'm 46 - the kids still can't catch me

Ben, I spent all winter playing with different cams and I am hoping it helps me stay up with you! I also changed up the suspension and I think/hope I fixed all the hot sputter issues. Should be a great year, can't wait to try and keep up.

Stephen

PS: your car looks awesome!

CRallo
04-05-2012, 07:25 PM

Forza... haha you would! that's great that you are kicking the kids' butts!

I am looking forward to seeing your machine! Oh and you too I spose... :p

Another random question.

Thanks!

Wes

ditto. Unless someone is willing to give me sleeping quarters in your RV/toter...

One of the many reasons we use an enclosed trailer.

And hopefully in what will not be a sign of endless pocket-picking for this event, the track just quoted me a weekend RV fee, with no guarantee of electric, of $250.

The supps say it is to be $125. Email already sent to Val Heun and DA.

Stay tuned for the update.

interesting... but typical... Everything costs more when GA comes to town!

Did you specify when speaking to the track that you were a competitor?

...and Kirk and Pablo are IN THE HOUSE.

Since we're going to be there for the Devil, we've worked out a deal to just leave Pablo up there and have Maximum Attack Motorsports manage him for the Pro IT Grand Am weekend. I wanted to run the SARRC/MARRS at VIR that weekend but RennGruppe is on the west coast with the Touring cars.

K

Sweet! Been a while since I have seen Pablo in action!

Ben, I spent all winter playing with different cams and I am hoping it helps me stay up with you! I also changed up the suspension and I think/hope I fixed all the hot sputter issues. Should be a great year, can't wait to try and keep up.

Stephen

PS: your car looks awesome!

cams? in your Rx8?

StephenB
04-05-2012, 07:27 PM
... Entry List (http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/clubdrivers.aspx?EventID=4844&LMID=2767)

The entry since registration opened at noon has been very robust. The GCR limit for the number of cars on course is 56 as stated in the Supps. There is a provision to apply for a waiver but that no decision has been made yet.

Holy crap! Just looked at the enty and in about 24hrs we almost filled the entire field! Only 4 spots left!!!

Stephen

ITR 7 entered
ITS 15 entered
ITA 3 entered
ITB 6 entered
ITSM 21 entered

StephenB
04-05-2012, 07:28 PM
cams? in your Rx8?

Chris... you have so much to learn ;)

mazdagt3
04-06-2012, 08:53 AM
man, four spots only....people better hurry if they want in!

benspeed
04-06-2012, 09:03 AM
Chris... you have so much to learn ;)

I was just dying :rolleyes:

Gee Stephen, uhh u r a big cheating homo...u cannot run different rotacams in that windmill...

Chris - I wanna see you up front this year. None of that test driver stuff!

mossaidis
04-06-2012, 09:52 AM
One of the many reasons we use an enclosed trailer

I am not sure who "we" is. But my "we" is saving money for a wedding reception. Enclosed is on the list, just 3rd after the prepping the Civic :P

ValerieH
04-06-2012, 12:34 PM
54 registered in 48 hours. Wow!

StephenB
04-06-2012, 03:22 PM
Terry, do we pay $250 for camping if we are sleeping in our enclosed trailers in our paddock spot? How about the $35 to tent in our paddock spot?

Stephen

cchandler
04-06-2012, 04:37 PM
In (trying to make ITA a little less lonely!)

mossaidis
04-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Sweet!!!

ValerieH
04-06-2012, 07:55 PM
And 56 just entered!

ValerieH
04-06-2012, 08:01 PM
And 56 just entered!

There will be a Wait list started on this event now.

Terry Hanushek
04-07-2012, 11:02 AM
Stephen

do we pay $250 for camping if we are sleeping in our enclosed trailers in our paddock spot? How about the $35 to tent in our paddock spot?

An enclosed trailer does not fit my definition of an RV or Toter Home. Tent camping is available in our paddock.

Terry

Knestis
04-07-2012, 12:03 PM
Since I'll be driving down, I'll probably chuck the tent and air bed in the trunk and plan on that option.

Can someone essplain to the NJMP rookie how the track is going to be different than for the 12 hours...?

K

Terry Hanushek
04-07-2012, 12:52 PM
As Val indicated above, we have reached our GCR limit of 56 cars for Rounds 1 and 2 of the TreadZone Pro IT Series. A waiver to increase this limit is under consideration but a decision will not be available for a day or two.

The event has been closed to new registrations on DLB and a Wait List has been established. Future vacancies will be filled from the Wait List in the order of sign-up. I expect (but cannot guarantee) that vacancies will be available before the event.

If there are any questions regarding the Wait List process, please contact Val Heun, our Registrar.

We appreciate the strong support and are looking forward to a great event.

Terry

CRallo
04-07-2012, 02:38 PM
I was just dying :rolleyes:

Gee Stephen, uhh u r a big cheating homo...u cannot run different rotacams in that windmill...

Chris - I wanna see you up front this year. None of that test driver stuff!

LOL

test driver?

I dunno about up front, but I will race this year and am building an engine, but $$ is an issue. Thank you though Ben, I wanna see it too!

I am not sure who "we" is. But my "we" is saving money for a wedding reception. Enclosed is on the list, just 3rd after the prepping the Civic :P

"We" is my teammate and I. edit: oh and get your priorities straight! :p

54 registered in 48 hours. Wow!

Wow indeed!!! record?

Terry, do we pay $250 for camping if we are sleeping in our enclosed trailers in our paddock spot? How about the $35 to tent in our paddock spot?

Stephen

Stephen

An enclosed trailer does not fit my definition of an RV or Toter Home. Tent camping is available in our paddock.

Terry

Technically if you camp on the property, you owe a min of 35 dollars for the site. They call it tent camping, but you can sleep in whatever you want lol they sometimes unofficially refer to it as vehicle camping for people like me.

In (trying to make ITA a little less lonely!)

awesome!!!!!!!!!!! happy to have ya!

Sweet!!!

yup!

Since I'll be driving down, I'll probably chuck the tent and air bed in the trunk and plan on that option.

Can someone essplain to the NJMP rookie how the track is going to be different than for the 12 hours...?

K

chicane number two will be used. I assume this is what you were asking?

Terry Hanushek
04-07-2012, 02:45 PM
Kirk

If you look at the track map included in the supps for both events you will see two chicanes - the first between Stations 1 and 2 and the second at Station 3.

The Devil in the Dark will run our standard Club Racing course which bypasses both chicanes. The TreadZone Pro IT w / Grand-Am will run the pro course which utilizes the second chicane. The faster pro series like Rolex use the chicane to avoid getting airborne at the Station 4 rise. This event will be the first one that the Pro IT Series or any Club Racing event has used the pro course.

HTH

Terry

StephenB
04-07-2012, 03:56 PM
so the fastest guys on this weekend will have new track records that will last until at least next year!!! :)

benspeed
04-07-2012, 10:07 PM
Holy shit 250 for a motor home? That is a total rob!!!! More than a hotel!

Terry what's the deal here?

tdw6974
04-07-2012, 10:32 PM

Ben, The Hotels/Motels refer to it as "Special Event Pricing"

Terry Hanushek
04-07-2012, 10:43 PM
Ben

It's exactly as Tom said - the Grand-Am Rolex event is a Special Event weekend (along with ARCA and AMA). This price is probably very reasonable (or at least expected) for the Grand-AM teams but not so much for Pro IT and PCA competitors. Part of it is NJMP has to pay a very healthy fee for a Grand-Am sanction and they in turn recover their costs from ticket sales, support races (us) and miscellaneous fees like camping.

Terry

benspeed
04-08-2012, 07:47 AM
OUCH!!!!

Ok taking in boarders...

Thanks Terry - appreciate the reply

preparedcivic
04-08-2012, 09:10 AM
Ben, I'm the one that tripped over that when I called the track Thursday to 'reserve' a motorhome paddock spot. I just about pooped out of a different hole. I didn't give a CC #, but left it with the guy I talked to that he would check at his end and I would at mine. After emailing DA, Val and Terry, Two Hundred and Fifty Dugans is what it is. Maybe even without electric too............

Terry Hanushek
04-08-2012, 09:23 AM
Rob

After emailing DA, Val and Terry, Two Hundred and Fifty Dugans is what it is. Maybe even without electric too............

I have confirmed that the $250 RV camping fee includes electric - there is a small bright spot in that large black cloud.

Terry

Greg Amy
04-08-2012, 09:33 AM
As I recall, the very first Grand AM weekend at NJMP in 2008 was $1000 (or was it $1500?) for a motorhome spot, WITHOUT electricity (I was there with a Koni ST team, I saw it)...so they've kinda/sorta gotten reasonable.

Keep in mind this ain't a club race, it's Grand Am; there's a lot of coin floating around pro weekends with a lot of big teams looking for someplace to park their million-dollar-plus Class A rigs. $250 for a spot is fluff. It's also a tax write off.

You think you're hot stuff with your Class C motorhome and an enclosed trailer? Nope. Big fish/small pond, and all that. Walk around the paddock and think about that next time you get the gumption to go "pro racing"... - GA

BruceG
04-08-2012, 09:59 AM
since you guys are on the subject of motor homes, I thought that I would post this link to my friend, Bob Ohara's website.

I'm no expert on motor homes but this is the best deal I've ever seen.1998, 35,000 miles,V10 and looks brand new! Wish I weren't an old fart on a fixed income....LOL.

http://www.ohararestorations.com/index.php/sales-autos-and-motorcycles?view=detail&id=234

preparedcivic
04-08-2012, 12:01 PM
As I recall, the very first Grand AM weekend at NJMP in 2008 was $1000 (or was it $1500?) for a motorhome spot, WITHOUT electricity (I was there with a Koni ST team, I saw it)...so they've kinda/sorta gotten reasonable.

Keep in mind this ain't a club race, it's Grand Am; there's a lot of coin floating around pro weekends with a lot of big teams looking for someplace to park their million-dollar-plus Class A rigs. $250 for a spot is fluff. It's also a tax write off.

You think you're hot stuff with your Class C motorhome and an enclosed trailer? Nope. Big fish/small pond, and all that. Walk around the paddock and think about that next time you get the gumption to go "pro racing"... - GA

That's why I'm not Pro Racing, despite the other driver in the family thinking Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy or Santa Claus should buy him a MX-5 Cup car.:dead_horse:

The math is $4k or $5k a weekend.

And to also add on edit, NJMP has had some management issues that merited checking the price noted in the supps compared to the quote over the phone. The Thursday test day is $450 too for 2 hours of seat time. Another cost that goes with the weekend.

Terry Hanushek
04-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Rob

And to also add on edit, NJMP has had some management issues that merited checking the price noted in the supps compared to the quote over the phone.

In fairness to NJMP, the confusion over camping fees was created when the camping paragraph from a previous pro support race was added to our Race Information without confirmation. The track has been very helpful with event information. I am glad that our error surfaced now rather when our teams were at the front gate.

Terry

Terry Hanushek
04-09-2012, 01:45 PM
This morning we have received a waiver from the Executive Steward which will allow us to increase our maximum entries to 62 for Rounds 1 & 2. Val is in the process of registering five cars from the Wait List. There is one remaining opening for the event. Future vacancies may appear if currently registered drivers withdraw.

Due to the nature of our DLB software, the event will remain closed and all interested drivers must add their names to the Wait List. Val will continue to invite Wait List drivers to fill vacancies in the order of sign-up.

Once the event is fully subscribed, we will display the Wait List on our series site www.ProITSeries.com (http://www.ProITSeries.com) so that all drivers will be able to see their status. There are no drivers on the Wait List at the current time.

Terry

TimM ITB
04-09-2012, 02:39 PM
Terry, I am registered, but have not sent in my check yet. Normally I pay with check at the track. Sometimes some of the regions like to get a check before the event to "seal the deal" and complete the registration. Can you comment on this? If I need to send a check in advance I can do that.
thanks,
Tim M

Terry Hanushek
04-09-2012, 03:26 PM
Tim

I saw that you are registered - welcome back

Normally I pay with check at the track. Sometimes some of the regions like to get a check before the event to "seal the deal" and complete the registration. Can you comment on this? If I need to send a check in advance I can do that.

We are discussing that process now. We have always had a very liberal cancellation policy and I expect that it will continue. OTOH we want to be fair to the drivers on the Wait List. We may send an email out to our 'check' customers suggesting a pre-event payment. In the meantime I will ask registered drivers - if you know that you will not be able to race for any reason, please go to DLB and withdraw from the event so that we can invite the next person on the Wait List.

Looking forward to seeing everybody at the Grand-Am

Terry

Fred Fox
04-16-2012, 07:37 AM
Is it possible to find out how far down I am on the wait list? If it looks like I have no chance, I'll slow down the car prep, cancel hotel rooms, etc. Was on vacation lsst week. Didn't realize the event was filling up so fast!

dtanthon
04-16-2012, 08:34 AM
Fred - You are #1 on the list of 1 at this time. Terry sent it to me late last night.

Posted the list on www.ProITSeries.com (http://www.ProITSeries.com) on the main page. I'll keep the latest one up there.

Fred Fox
04-16-2012, 01:08 PM
Darrell, thanks a lot for the reply and posting the list.

benspeed
04-16-2012, 03:29 PM
Another question - do we need to reserve an RV spot in advance?

Kind regards

Terry Hanushek
04-16-2012, 08:35 PM
Ben

Another question - do we need to reserve an RV spot in advance?

We will have assigned territory in the paddock; the paddock map may be changing so we will distribute an up-to-date copy in the week before the race. We will have our SCCA staff helping locate spaces. I would ask everyone to be mindful of our large entry and defined space when parking - be considerate. No reservations necessary.

See ya at the races

Terry

ner88
04-18-2012, 03:21 PM
Looking for a place to leave my Truck and Trailer near NJMP, Monday before the event.
I'm traveling back from Summit and would rather leave truck on the way to Boston.
Anyone have any suggestions?WHo? or Where?

CRallo
04-18-2012, 04:25 PM
I've got a local guy with a lot. let me know if you need it. Also, the track is pretty good at being accommodating in such situations... It would be worth calling them.

benspeed
04-18-2012, 09:44 PM
Thanks Terry. Will also give a call.

Cheers

vicktorvolpe
04-19-2012, 08:09 PM
I gave the track a call, spoke to Bob in the registration office. Turns out the track charges $150 to leave a trailer for a week....$250 for a month.

ner88
04-19-2012, 08:40 PM
Ouch!
Thanks for the info Vicktor.

CRallo
04-19-2012, 09:31 PM
yea... they adjusted some fees this year... apparently those were included :/

and Bob ain't one to do anyone any favors

vicktorvolpe
04-20-2012, 07:45 AM
Yeah....last year the "fee" for that was "if y'all want to park it on the dirt for a week, that's fine."

Business is business....the fuel two ways from NJMP up to the North East is expensive when towing an enclosed trailer vs not towing anything....

monsterbronco
04-20-2012, 08:46 AM
Jerry,

How big of a rig are we talking here?

Wes

mossaidis
04-22-2012, 08:12 PM
Howdy, random tangent: where do we post NJMP-T w/ chicane track records? I can't find anything on NeDiv site. Best, Mickey

brandonl
04-22-2012, 08:55 PM
Looking for a place to leave my Truck and Trailer near NJMP, Monday before the event.
I'm traveling back from Summit and would rather leave truck on the way to Boston.
Anyone have any suggestions?WHo? or Where?

My shop's lot has plenty of space. 40 mins from NJMP, close to the highways. Send me an email to set something up if you still need to leave your rig.

Brandon

Terry Hanushek
04-22-2012, 08:55 PM
Mickey

random tangent: where do we post NJMP-T w/ chicane track records? I can't find anything on NeDiv site.

There are no course records for NJMP Thunderbolt w/chicane. This race will be the first SCCA race to this configuration ... so we will have five new course records.

Terry

CRallo
04-22-2012, 09:11 PM
Howdy, random tangent: where do we post NJMP-T w/ chicane track records? I can't find anything on NeDiv site. Best, Mickey

Mickey, I wouldn't worry about that if I were you...:p :024::eclipsee_steering:

dtanthon
04-23-2012, 05:57 PM
I sent out the TreadZone windshield banner and 3 series decals to everyone that didn't pick them up at NJMP or Once-A-Year tech. Expect them in the mail later this week.

Put the series stickers by the SCCA Club racing stickers on the nose and sides. The windshield banner should be at the top of the windshield, if not then talk to Terry.

We are going for a unified look, we will be in front of a lot of people at NJMP the Saturday and Sunday so look good, you never know.

benspeed
04-23-2012, 09:53 PM
Thanks DA! They will go right on the car. Let's have our series look tops.

Knestis
04-23-2012, 09:56 PM
Payouts vary by event and class. Formulas are listed in the proitseries web site under rules. http://www.proitseries.com/about-us/rules

Yet... supps say:

"15. AWARDS. The prize fund in Series Rule 6.3 is suspended for this event."

Sorry - can I double check this...? No prize fund for these two rounds? And if we don't buy tires from TreadZone (I run Hoosiers) we don't qualify for any contingency awards...?

K

dtanthon
04-24-2012, 10:43 AM
No prize fund for rounds 1 & 2 as per the Supps.

Go to the TreadZone website and see the rules for the 2012 TreadZone contingency program.

Knestis
04-24-2012, 12:39 PM
Hmmm. That's a little weak but I guess it is what it is...

K

StephenB
04-25-2012, 04:12 AM
Go to the TreadZone website and see the rules for the 2012 TreadZone contingency program.

I didn't see anything special for our series, is it just the normal contingency?

They also still have not posted a 2012 schedule (shows 2011) I was going to email them but I was wondering if anyone else already has?

Kirk, I am guessing we all use hoosiers so I guess if we earn points we will be able to put it towards trailer tires... I am going to stay positive since I am guessing they are supporting the series monetarily through the region.

Stephen

Knestis
04-25-2012, 08:49 AM
... Kirk, I am guessing we all use hoosiers so I guess if we earn points we will be able to put it towards trailer tires... I am going to stay positive since I am guessing they are supporting the series monetarily through the region.

Stephen

You haven't read the contingency program rules apparently... :)

K

CRallo
04-25-2012, 09:49 AM
I just did... ouch. Better than nothing, but still... Couple of creative twists, but it ain't no manufacturer's contingency.

mossaidis
04-27-2012, 11:45 AM
What's the skinny on tire support at this race? Any news from Treadzone? How about Smarty?

dtanthon
04-29-2012, 07:08 PM
Smarty will be at this event.

tdw6974
04-30-2012, 06:56 AM
Good

tdw6974
04-30-2012, 06:58 AM
Anyone attendiing using Aim data system? I need training on using system:eclipsee_steering:!!:D

monsterbronco
05-01-2012, 10:13 AM
clarification question about crew members. Reading the sups it is my understanding that crew members must arrive and register during the specified registration times (7:30-9am sat and sun) beyond these times they would have to by a general admission ticket?

is this correct? just making sure that i clearly communicate to my crew when they need to arrive.

Thanks!

StephenB
05-01-2012, 10:19 AM
clarification question about crew members. Reading the sups it is my understanding that crew members must arrive and register during the specified registration times (7:30-9am sat and sun) beyond these times they would have to by a general admission ticket?

is this correct? just making sure that i clearly communicate to my crew when they need to arrive.

Thanks!

I also wanted to ask for some clarification... We get 6 "crew member passes" for free according to the entry. Does the region pay for or negotiate that number of "free" passes or does the region pay for the number of "crew" passes that are redeemed? If the passes are already paid for by the region do you think we should try and recruit new potential SCCA members by offering them to people we may think could become members? This is obviously a big weekend that could attract new members...

Stephen

CRallo
05-01-2012, 12:12 PM
I'm out :(

dtanthon
05-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Stephen - South and North Jersey will have people at this event to attract membership. Crew spots for a pro event work a little different than a pure SCCA event. I'll explain when I see you.

Chris - What's up?

CRallo
05-01-2012, 05:42 PM
DA, thank you for asking! :) I am low on $$ :(

smarter to work the weekend instead I think.

Terry Hanushek
05-01-2012, 08:32 PM
Wes

Those are the registration hours on Sat and Sun. There is also Pro IT registration on Thursday evening (4:00 PM - 9:00 PM) and Friday morning (7:00 AM - 10:00 AM). Unlike club weekends, the track will not allow a person to simply sign a waiver and come into the paddock without a ticket. If there is a problem or special consideration contact Val for alternatives.

Terry

tdw6974
05-01-2012, 08:42 PM
Terry, are we going to be able to get into paddock Thursday prior to registration? I'm assuming We are still headed for W6-7-8 and someone will be there to park us. thanks T Weaver

monsterbronco
05-01-2012, 10:18 PM
Terry,

Thanks for clearing that up! No special considerations needed just wanted to make sure I was able to give clear direction to my crew members.

Wes

Terry Hanushek
05-03-2012, 05:44 PM
Tom

are we going to be able to get into paddock Thursday prior to registration? I'm assuming We are still headed for W6-7-8 and someone will be there to park us

Unfortunately our participants must go through our Registration at the Main Gate before entering the property. This is the NJMP procedure for spectator events which is understandably tighter than our normal Club events. I confirmed this policy in our conference call this afternoon. Val will have Registration open from 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM on Thursday.

There has been a small change in our Paddock location. We still have the same parts of W6 and W7; instead of a part of W8, we now have all of W1. We will give everybody a revised paddock map when they register. There will be someone available to help with parking.

See ya at the races

Terry

preparedcivic
05-03-2012, 05:50 PM
Uh-oh.

I see us doing our own version of the Oklahoma Land Rush at 4pm; besides backing traffic up all the way to Dividing Creek Road. :blink:

mossaidis
05-03-2012, 06:19 PM
I am sick with a nasty cold and torn up my knee playing soccer on Monday (I am getting old). This means I won't go upstate this weekend and I won't be able to finish the car in time for NJMP. I am afraid I need to cancel :( have fun ya'll!

Drew M
05-04-2012, 02:39 PM
I have an extra hotel room at the Econo Lodge. (http://www.hotels.com/hotel/details.html?reviewOrder=date_newest_first&hotelId=127691&tab=description#description&rffrid=eml.hcom.US.430.00.2012.03.23.src00.00.00.0 000.0000.00.0000&pos=HCOM_US&locale=en_US&et_jb=614782&et_j=18519668&[email protected]&et_l=3502318_HTML&et_u=273693917&et_mid=198875) I think it's about a half hour from the track, but it's probably the only room available within an hour drive. I was about to cancel it, but figured I would open the opportunity to transfer the reservation to one of my competitors who may be looking for a place to stay.

Terry Hanushek
05-06-2012, 02:13 PM
There has been some recent cancellations and the entry list is now at 60 cars, two less than our maximum. Registration has been reopened to fill these openings.

Terry

LD71
05-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Is anybody racing at MIllville this weekend ;-) Was hoping for some updates. Wish I could be there, have fun!
LD71 :D

Terry Hanushek
05-11-2012, 10:33 PM
Larry

Is anybody racing at MIllville this weekend ;-) Was hoping for some updates. Wish I could be there, have fun!

Glad you asked. There is plenty of Pro IT racing at NJMP this weekend. At total 56 cars hit the track on a sunny, warm day.

TreadZone Pro IT Round 1 Qualifying

ITR

Rob Thiele - 1:36.009
Rob Nimkiff - 1:36.557
Dan Jones - 1:37.776

ITS

John Hainsworth 1:37.391
Will Turner - 1:39.052
Eric King - 1:39.176

ITA

Christian Chandler - 1:42.890
Doug Case - 1:59.298

ITB

Michael Tinis - 1:41.358
Kirk Knestis - 1:42.540
Steve Noake - 1:43.137

SM

Yiannis Tsionis - 1:39.414
Matt Fassnacht - 1:39.972
John Wechsler - 1:40.047

The event is being held on the NJMP Thunderbolt Pro Course (with chicane). Since this course has never been run by SCCA, the fastest lap in each in tomorrow's race will be a new lap record.

Round 1 is scheduled for Saturady at 12:55 PM.

Oh ... and some Grand-Am cars made some noise today.

Terry

Terry Hanushek
05-11-2012, 10:44 PM
Larry

Later in the afternoon the same cars hit the track for Round 2 qualifying.

TreadZone Pro IT Round 2 Qualifying

ITR

Dan Jones - 1:35.985
Rob Thiele - 1:36.272
Rob Nimkiff - 1:36.662

ITS

John Hainsworth 1:36.296
Will Turner - 1:36.304
Mike Marsal - 1:36.507

ITA

Christian Chandler - 1:41.696

ITB

Michael Tinis - 1:40.727
Kirk Knestis - 1:43.280
Steve Noake - 1:43.600

SM

Yiannis Tsionis - 1:38.789
John Wechsler - 1:39.440
John Warren - 140.172

Round 2 is scheduled for Sunday at 9:40 AM.

Terry

lateapex911
05-12-2012, 12:47 PM
Wow, times in the afternoon are much faster. Is it because guys are figuring out the track? Grand Am rubber being laid down? Greasy in the AM? At places like Atlanta, it's not even worth going out for the afternoon session, the track slows down so much.

StephenB
05-12-2012, 02:56 PM
Eventhough my weekend isn't going well this is still own of the coolest events I have attended!

I am sure others will share some stories when they have time.

Stephen

Knestis
05-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Got into the 1:41s during the race today, ending up 2nd behind Tinnis. I got mired in an ITS/ITR brawl for much of the race before clearing them, but just didn't get it done. Weather is great, lots of people wandering around, and we're (mostly) having a good time meeting new folks and hanging out...

K

Drew M
05-12-2012, 07:41 PM
Eventhough my weekend isn't going well this is still own of the coolest events I have attended!

I am sure others will share some stories when they have time.

Stephen

I agree.

Im doing awful but am enjoying the weekend too.

Terry Hanushek
05-12-2012, 11:45 PM
TreadZone Pro IT Round 1 Results
New Jersey Motorsports Park

ITR

Rob Nimkoff - 25 laps (overall winner)
Rob Thiele - 25 laps
Ben Phillips - 25 laps

ITS

John Hainsworth - 25 laps
Will Turner - 25 laps
Eric King - 25 laps

ITA

Doug Case - 23 laps
Christian Chandler - 21 laps

ITB

Michael Tinnis - 24 laps
Kirk Knestis - 24 laps
Steve Noake - 24 laps

SM

Yiannis Tsiounis - 24 laps
John Wechsler - 24 laps
Matt Fassnacht - 24 laps

Perfect weather conditions - sunny, slight breeze, low 70's

5 new course records (first time SCCA has run the Thunderbolt Pro Course)

ITR - Rob Nimkoff - 1:35.959
ITS - Will Turner - 1:37.082
ITA - Christan Chandler - 1:41.752
ITB - Michael Tinnis - 1:41.408
SM - John Wechsler - 1:39.699

One sad note - the #25 Autotechnic BMW, which has appeared in all Pro IT Series events to date and won several championships with Rob Driscoll, sustained heavy damage in the hands of rental driver Mike Marsal when it T-boned a spinning Miata.

Terry

CRallo
05-13-2012, 12:58 AM
Wow, times in the afternoon are much faster. Is it because guys are figuring out the track? Grand Am rubber being laid down? Greasy in the AM? At places like Atlanta, it's not even worth going out for the afternoon session, the track slows down so much.

Cool day. Track was green Thursday morning. Was still getting rubbered up. Guys were learning the chicane too I think. Some guys out for the first time this year... Etc etc

CRallo
05-13-2012, 01:00 AM
I was busy working on some Grand-Am cars but I heard this was a mess... :( heard a driver went to the hospital!?

Terry Hanushek
05-13-2012, 04:01 PM
TreadZone Pro IT Round 2 Results
New Jersey Motorsports Park

ITR

Rob Thiele - 19 laps (overall winner)
Rob Nimkoff - 19 laps
Ben Phillips - 19 laps

ITS

John Hainsworth - 19 laps
Will Turner - 19 laps
Eric King - 19 laps

ITA

Christian Chandler - 18 laps
Doug Case - 17 laps

ITB

Michael Tinnis - 19 laps
Kirk Knestis - 18 laps
Tim Mullen - 18 laps

SM

Yiannis Tsiounis - 19 laps
Marc Cefalo - 18 laps
John Wechsler - 18 laps

Perfect weather conditions - sunny, slight breeze, high 70's

4 new course records - breaking the new records set yesterday :happy204:

ITR - Rob Nimkoff - 1:35.795
ITA - Christan Chandler - 1:41.752
ITB - Michael Tinnis - 1:40.683
SM - Yiannis Tsiounis - 1:39.098

The race was a bit smoother and just as quick as yesterday. Today's race was a bit shorter due to a dynamic compression of the schedule to accommodate our Grand-Am support race. :)

Terry

vicktorvolpe
05-14-2012, 08:21 AM
Saturday's race was a bit of a mess....the split start was a good idea, but I guess not enough of a gap was left between the IT cars and the meotters. We were into the back of the IT group by lap two. I made a bad move and got stuck behind an IT car and gave up a bunch of spots. Better to be safe and stay in my spot and lose spots than try to cut off the train.

Kudos to all the track workers......I was pretty surprised that they were doing hot pulls rather than going double yellow. At one point I think 6 tow trucks were on track at once.

Was a fun weekend, especially with all the other on track action. I didn't race particularly well, but I didn't have any real incidents so I'll take that with a smile.

Drew M
05-14-2012, 09:26 AM
I love that chicane. I wish we could run it again in the next event.

vicktorvolpe
05-14-2012, 09:36 AM
The chicane is fun, but it kills the momentum cars. If you get a good run out of one and two and don't have the chicane, you have a shot of passing into four. With the chicane it changes that up quite a bit.

I forgot to mention in my first post that the split start on Sunday worked much better than on Saturday. How much more of a gap was left? Just curious.

-Vick

Drew M
05-14-2012, 09:47 AM
The chicane is fun, but it kills the momentum cars. If you get a good run out of one and two and don't have the chicane, you have a shot of passing into four. With the chicane it changes that up quite a bit.

I forgot to mention in my first post that the split start on Sunday worked much better than on Saturday. How much more of a gap was left? Just curious.

-Vick

I see. Do you feel the same way about the bus stop at WGI?

vicktorvolpe
05-14-2012, 09:54 AM
I see. Do you feel the same way about the bus stop at WGI?

No. The reason being that you have the long straight at WGI to work the draft and advantage you can get in turns one, two, and the esses.

With the meotters, a good run in one and two at NJMP may get you close to making a pass into the chicane, but it's real tough to get close enough for a clean pass. Without the chicane, you have that straight (with the kink) to carry that momentum and the draft into turn four.

I'll have to learn to get more of an advantage in the chicane, that's all. I was really surprised they didn't put some tires or something at the apex of the left hand portion of the chicane...

Knestis
05-14-2012, 09:59 AM
Loved the chicane. It actually created MORE passing opportunities for me, as people blew it and I carried more speed into the passing zone in the sharp left (T5?).
KK

RSTPerformance
05-14-2012, 07:47 PM
I thought it was a great weekend! The "pro" guys were very helpful and seemed to mingle well with a lot of the IT guys including us! Best of all we got the RX-8 running well and in our "first" real session ever with the car (Sunday's race) without issues Stephen was able to get within 2 seconds of the leaders on very old used tires and no suspension setup dialed in (no sessions with real data). I will let Stephen say more but I think this car has some potential!

It was great meeting some new people even though we didn't have much hanging out time!

Raymond

Knestis
05-14-2012, 09:04 PM
Glad to hear you got it worked out, guys. Did it involve a trip to Home Depot or a check to ATL...? ;)

K

RSTPerformance
05-14-2012, 09:42 PM
An elimination of all RX-8 parts and a simple Miata fuel pump... I said if it worked I was sold on a Miata as I would agree that it was the most reliable car to race... Not sure what to do now :)

tfisch100
05-14-2012, 11:36 PM
This was my first race ever after sitting on the sidelines for over 50 years. The racing was fast and clean. I can't wait for the rest of the season.

tdw6974
05-15-2012, 06:57 AM
if I did this correctly http://www.sjr-scca.org/njmp/2012results/proit1-2-results.pdf

Terry Hanushek
05-15-2012, 07:14 AM
Tom

if I did this correctly http://www.sjr-scca.org/njmp/2012results/proit1-2-results.pdf

You got it - Thanks for posting the link to the complete qualifying and race results for rounds 1 & 2.

Terry

preparedcivic
05-15-2012, 09:11 AM
Video links:

Sunday start, until I screwed it up and ended up just having a track day afterwards:

http://youtu.be/iYKkEeS55nU

Sunday trip through the paddock after the race, when the car died on the pit-in road, getting pushed to impound via 80cc quad. Lots of funny looks:

http://youtu.be/7Gj0weuerTc

And the Saturday race presented in total. Lotsa action:

https://vimeo.com/42173410

Drew M
05-15-2012, 09:13 AM
No. The reason being that you have the long straight at WGI to work the draft and advantage you can get in turns one, two, and the esses.

With the meotters, a good run in one and two at NJMP may get you close to making a pass into the chicane, but it's real tough to get close enough for a clean pass. Without the chicane, you have that straight (with the kink) to carry that momentum and the draft into turn four.

I'll have to learn to get more of an advantage in the chicane, that's all. I was really surprised they didn't put some tires or something at the apex of the left hand portion of the chicane...

Hmm. Interesting.

Drew M
05-15-2012, 09:23 AM
Video links:

Sunday start, until I screwed it up and ended up just having a track day afterwards:

http://youtu.be/iYKkEeS55nU

Sunday trip through the paddock after the race, when the car died on the pit-in road, getting pushed to impound via 80cc quad. Lots of funny looks:

http://youtu.be/7Gj0weuerTc

And the Saturday race presented in total. Lotsa action:

https://vimeo.com/42173410

You drive the little white honda?

dtanthon
05-15-2012, 04:46 PM
Points (http://www.njrrs.com/proit/2012_Pro-IT.html)

8 rounds so we do have a drop.

Next round is NJMP Thunderbolt without the chicane June 3. This one we pay prize money. I wonder if we will use the chicane more often...

Thanks to everyone that made rounds 1 & 2 a success.

preparedcivic
05-15-2012, 04:48 PM
You drive the little white honda?

Yes I do. Is that a good or bad thing? :eclipsee_steering:

Drew M
05-15-2012, 06:55 PM
Yes I do. Is that a good or bad thing? :eclipsee_steering:

You gave me the bird in saturday's race. WTF?
You can argue I held you up a little bit in the last sweeping left. I didn't want to jump out in the marbles to let you by but I gave you a point by on the front straight, even lifted a little to let you go, and you still gave me the bird or an angry hand wave between 1 and 2. I stood next to my car at impound, waiting for you to come up to me and discuss why you were so upset, but you didn't.

lateapex911
05-15-2012, 07:01 PM
what was up with the S2000? New car and rookie? Cool to see an S2000 out.

preparedcivic
05-15-2012, 08:32 PM
You gave me the bird in saturday's race. WTF?
You can argue I held you up a little bit in the last sweeping left. I didn't want to jump out in the marbles to let you by but I gave you a point by on the front straight, even lifted a little to let you go, and you still gave me the bird or an angry hand wave between 1 and 2. I stood next to my car at impound, waiting for you to come up to me and discuss why you were so upset, but you didn't.

PM sent, but here's a Cliff Notes for the masses:

I was not in a great mood at the end of that race. I had gotten hit twice on lap 1, once on each side by the same car/driver, including a shot while driving the straight between T5 and T6; this driver also ran into at least one other car that I saw and captured on my video. That required some steward business which was my priority in impound and frankly took all impound time and then some.

BTW, no finger was flown. What you got was a thumb pointed right between 1 and 2, meaning get out of the way (!); that was how much track from way before the bridge it took me to putt-putt past in my underpowered ITB car all the way down the front straight. There are other drivers, some in this same race that would/will hit you out of the way in this type of situation. :shrug:

If you believe an apology is warranted I'll offer it. Just take a look at my in-car (32:10 or so on the Vimeo vid) and please look at it from my perspective, especially since I thought I had a clear lane inside when I came up on you.

monsterbronco
05-15-2012, 08:52 PM
Half of Saturdays race before i had to drop out from a brake problem.
https://vimeo.com/42237419

cchandler
05-15-2012, 08:52 PM
Rob,

I watched your video. I was surprised to see and hear your reaction to the slower car in T(?)12.

Focused aggression in a race car can be a good thing if channelled in the right direction.:eclipsee_steering:

Anger, on the other hand, seldom has good outcomes. You didn't have the corner position to pass, so i believe a little patience would have been appropriate. Patience, discretion, and, especially in Club Racing, gentlemanly driving, go a long way in preventing car damage.

BTW, I'm all for point-bys and try to never hold up a car that isn't in my fight.

Regards,

CC

Drew M
05-15-2012, 09:48 PM
PM sent, but here's a Cliff Notes for the masses:

I responded to your message, but if you want to do that, here's my point of view...

I've never been to that track and was having a difficult time learning it. I gave plenty of point-by's to everyone that came up on me, but remember, I paid the same entry fee as everyone else and I'm just as entitled to run my race as everyone else. It's the overtaking driver's responsibility to make a safe pass. It's not my responsibility to jump out of the way.

StephenB
05-15-2012, 09:54 PM
Rob I got to meet you for the second time on Saturday night and enjoyed hanging out for a while with you. I want to be honest and not offend you but I think that the ITS car mentioned above that you wanted to pass did nothing wrong at all and was actually very kind to you. Having raced in ITB for 11 years and done pretty darn well I have been able to race with a lot of slower ITS cars. He gave you a point by AND he slowed down on the straight to allow you to pass. BIG props to him for doing so. Ya he slowed you up a bit in the turn but what do you expect? What else could he have done? I know, I know... when I was in ITB I said it all the time... use your damn right foot! But with tires going away and possibly an ill handling car you can't expect him to be as fast in the corners as you. And honestly you can't expect him to be as fast as you in the corners anyway, Realistically the fastest ITS cars are not that much faster. With the extra tire width comes extra weight. I do agree that you were definetly faster through the turn and coming off of it but I see nothing at all that he did wrong and I think he did everything right and deserves a HUGE thumbs up for what he did for you.

I also don't see how both the contacts were not partially your fault. the first one I assume is from the BMW in front of you coming out of the chicane. To me it looked like you were in his blind spot and you both moved into eachother a bit. probably could have been avoided on your part since he most likely didn't know you were that close. The second incident I just don't get at all. No way would I EVER have left that door open for Tim (black VW) to get inside you and pass. It is easy to say that after but I still think I would have read that situation differently and seen that white/red BMW going way slower and I would have stuck behind the BMW from the first contact. I would have probably made that decision not just because he was going so much slower already but also just knowing that once we hit that straight the BMW would be long gone anyway (until the next turn which is what I used to get frustrated with). I probably would have laid back and protected my position. I really don't think tim could have passed if you laid back and if he really tried on the outside he would have gotten boxed out like you did. I know in the sandbox you said contact with same car twice but I think this was a different BMW and it was the right front. If I am wrong on the contacts feel free to correct me and point out what I am missing. In fairness I was not the one driving and may not be seeing the whole picture.

I really hope your not offended but I wanted to be honest with you since we will be racing together for years to come.

Stephen

PS: Trust me I am well aware I was in the way Friday and Saturday trying to get the damn car to run and then Sunday I am sure I was in the way as I finally got a chance to run a properly running RWD car for the first time ever :) This is club racing and we all need to remember that. A lot of us are learning and/or just doing this for fun. Always remember that some of us will never be fast...

StephenB
05-15-2012, 09:59 PM
I responded to your message, but if you want to do that, here's my point of view...

I've never been to that track and was having a difficult time learning it. I gave plenty of point-by's to everyone that came up on me, but remember, I paid the same entry fee as everyone else and I'm just as entitled to run my race as everyone else. It's the overtaking driver's responsibility to make a safe pass. It's not my responsibility to jump out of the way.

TOTALLY TRUE! I know I just said this but I really do think you deserve a BIG THUMBS UP for what you did.

I got frustrated in my ITB car when I was following an ITS or ITR car that was slower in the turns but blew me away on the straights. Lap after lap it got to me. this was WAY different then that.

To ANY ITR or ITS car that reads this take the time to back off on the straight and LEARN from the faster car even if they are way slower on the straight. I did this Saturday AM following a planet miata car. just checking out his line and what he did. Then spent some time following a flatout miata. I was literaly coasting on the straights just waiting to learn through the next set of turns...

Stephen

vwzx7
05-15-2012, 10:08 PM
You didn't have the corner position to pass, so i believe a little patience would have been appropriate. Patience, discretion, and, especially in Club Racing, gentlemanly driving, go a long way in preventing car damage.

BTW, I'm all for point-bys and try to never hold up a car that isn't in my fight.

Regards,

CC

+1

lateapex911
05-15-2012, 10:13 PM
here's my take on it.
You're both wrong, and you're both right. ;)

I've been in both shoes. My first qualifying session ever was awwwwwful. I was like 8 seconds off the pace of the big dogs. Mostly because i was always looking in the mirror and jumping out of peoples way. One guy came up to me and said "Thanks" after. But he allowed he thought I went too far and could have held ground for one more corner.

On the other hand I've been in heated battles with second place all over my ass, and had no time for guys who didn't figure out a way to let the leaders thru.

This situation is exacerbated by the mismatch in classes. The ITB car has a bitch of a time getting by on the straight, he HAS to have help. But the ITS car was having trouble in the corners, where the ITB car makes all of it's time.
Reviewing the video, you can see how much time was lost by the position of the class cars right in front of the ITB car going into the octopus, then how far gone they were when the pass was finally made.

Does the ITS car have the right to the track? yes. If it were me, knowing my pace, though, I think I would have given a point and stayed left out of the way, right then in the octopus, and then fall in behind and try to follow an obviously faster car. Better for him, AND me. Watching the mirror for cars closing on you is key. (when I race with faster classes, like, say, at the ARRC, or these ProIT races, I do some calculations going in, and know about when I'm going to see the leaders in the mirror. I can then manage my pace so they catch me in a place that is best for both of us)

If I were the guy held up, I think (I hope) I would have tried to remain calmer and not show my frustration as obviously. Gotta manage the aggression. Damage is done at that point, better to have a chat about it over a beer later and get both perspectives, IMO.

But both drivers are busy dealing with their own car, their own handling issues, their own talents and it's tough to spare the mental time to get out of their own head and try and get in somebody elses. Red mist, concentration, whatever, it's tough to manage.

I can certainly see both views and how each guy is frustrated.

StephenB
05-15-2012, 10:24 PM
I thought it was a great weekend! The "pro" guys were very helpful and seemed to mingle well with a lot of the IT guys including us! Best of all we got the RX-8 running well and in our "first" real session ever with the car (Sunday's race) without issues Stephen was able to get within 2 seconds of the leaders on very old used tires and no suspension setup dialed in (no sessions with real data). I will let Stephen say more but I think this car has some potential!

It was great meeting some new people even though we didn't have much hanging out time!

Raymond

I do think the RX8 has potential to run with the best after this weekend! I think it is fair to say that the Autotechnic BMW's are amoungst the best prepaired and driven cars in ITR in the country. I haven't been elsewhere in the country but I am told they are amoungst the fastest! I am guessing that Irish Mike has a fast ITR car as well since he always prepares excellent cars. with that being said I wasn't that far off on Sunday considering it was really my first time driving a properly running RWD car! And it was with ZERO suspension changes/testing along with old tires given to me from Mr Ulfelder himself after he said they sucked :) I didn't ever plan on ever using them and actually left them outside all winter in the snow. With all that being said I only got Sundays race to actually drive the car without issues from the second lap out. In fact most sessions I only ran a few laps and pulled off as I was a hazard to others. During that 1 session I was just over 2 seconds slower than the fastest guys and only a second and a 1/2 off of running with the front pack including about a second off of Irish Mikes car! I am VERY pleased with the potential as I learn a bit more about RWD and driving a damn 6 speed... which screwed me up every other damn lap! (That I hope will be a quick learning curve)

Overall the weekend was a success but started off terrible from the first session. constant fuel issues plauged the damn car and have since day one last year. I was beyond frustrated and decided to take my wife and daughter and set out in search of some knowledge from some pro teams. I shortly ran into Sylvain Tremblay in his garage next to his flat black #70! Having never met him I recognized him from TV and said what the hell lets ask him! My wife thought I was nuts and didn't want me walking in the garage but we quickly learned how nice he was. He talked to me for 20 minutes about what could be wrong and what to try. He then got down on his knees and started talking to my 18 month old for another 3 or 4 minutes! Later that day he saw my wife and left his "crew" to run (yes run) over to her and ask her how we were doing. Tim Mullan also reached out to a speedsource crew member and later that day multiple Speedsource guys came over and started running tests to figure it all out. They offered to get parts from all over for us to figure it out, and started calling people back at the training facility! Just awesome people. In the End it was actually Jerry Rigoli that came to the rescue with a damn Miata fuel pump! We rigged up a well inside the tank with a fuel pump zip tied in 4 directions to hold it steady. took a hacksaw to the stock pump assembly to get the regulator out. Then went to the vendors and picked up a 3/8 TEE to make a fuel line out with the regulator attached. And Guess what it works perfectly! Those damn japs WAY over engineered that set-up... if only they knew what IT racers can come up with :)

In the end I got to meet a ton of people from speedsource who were so helpfull and many others that I have only seen on TV but even more exciting was that I got to meet the infamous "K" for the first time!!!

After Saturday I didn't think I would say it but After Sundays Race I can honestly say I had a great weekend!

Stephen

preparedcivic
05-15-2012, 10:50 PM
It wasn't a BMW; it was another ITB car, and not Tim either. The initial contact was when I was going up the hill on the straight chute between 5 and 6, dead staight and in the middle of the track. Not sure what I could have done there.

The second doink was at the exit of 10, and this one probably was more of a plain old racing incident. The red and white BMW was on the outside, and as I got close jigged about 6" to a foot inside, and I had to zig that same distance to keep my RF off his LR quarter, which if I hadn't might have made for some carnage in the pack. The same ITB car from the earlier contact was now making a run on my left. I had checked my mirror mid turn and no one was there, but obviously this someone now was.....this same ITB car also had side to side a few laps later with a SM between 6 and 7, well after traffic sorted out.

It's too bad all these discussions didn't happen at the track, maybe over competitive beer pong or something. :rolleyes:

And I give you guys a lot of credit for sticking with that RX-8. Definitely the prettiest car out there, and now properly fueled, reasonably speedy too.

Rob I got to meet you for the second time on Saturday night and enjoyed hanging out for a while with you. I want to be honest and not offend you but I think that the ITS car mentioned above that you wanted to pass did nothing wrong at all and was actually very kind to you. Having raced in ITB for 11 years and done pretty darn well I have been able to race with a lot of slower ITS cars. He gave you a point by AND he slowed down on the straight to allow you to pass. BIG props to him for doing so. Ya he slowed you up a bit in the turn but what do you expect? What else could he have done? I know, I know... when I was in ITB I said it all the time... use your damn right foot! But with tires going away and possibly an ill handling car you can't expect him to be as fast in the corners as you. And honestly you can't expect him to be as fast as you in the corners anyway, Realistically the fastest ITS cars are not that much faster. With the extra tire width comes extra weight. I do agree that you were definetly faster through the turn and coming off of it but I see nothing at all that he did wrong and I think he did everything right and deserves a HUGE thumbs up for what he did for you.

I also don't see how both the contacts were not partially your fault. the first one I assume is from the BMW in front of you coming out of the chicane. To me it looked like you were in his blind spot and you both moved into eachother a bit. probably could have been avoided on your part since he most likely didn't know you were that close. The second incident I just don't get at all. No way would I EVER have left that door open for Tim (black VW) to get inside you and pass. It is easy to say that after but I still think I would have read that situation differently and seen that white/red BMW going way slower and I would have stuck behind the BMW from the first contact. I would have probably made that decision not just because he was going so much slower already but also just knowing that once we hit that straight the BMW would be long gone anyway (until the next turn which is what I used to get frustrated with). I probably would have laid back and protected my position. I really don't think tim could have passed if you laid back and if he really tried on the outside he would have gotten boxed out like you did. I know in the sandbox you said contact with same car twice but I think this was a different BMW and it was the right front. If I am wrong on the contacts feel free to correct me and point out what I am missing. In fairness I was not the one driving and may not be seeing the whole picture.

I really hope your not offended but I wanted to be honest with you since we will be racing together for years to come.

Stephen

PS: Trust me I am well aware I was in the way Friday and Saturday trying to get the damn car to run and then Sunday I am sure I was in the way as I finally got a chance to run a properly running RWD car for the first time ever :) This is club racing and we all need to remember that. A lot of us are learning and/or just doing this for fun. Always remember that some of us will never be fast...

StephenB
05-15-2012, 11:19 PM
gotchya... didn't realize it was with other cars. I was thinking it was with the BMW's... that changes everything about the contact. :)

Terry Hanushek
05-15-2012, 11:29 PM
Jake

what was up with the S2000? New car and rookie? Cool to see an S2000 out.

The black S2000 is the car that Marc Cefalo built. It is now owned and driven by our Registrar Val Heun. I believe that this was her second or third weekend with the car. She struggled on Saturday but did better on Sunday.

Terry

Knestis
05-16-2012, 08:08 AM
The problem with the ITS/R and ITB mix is that a B car that's 2 seconds a lap faster can easily get held up on that track. A point by on the straight would have to be accompanied by a HUGE lift in order to make any difference, since to be effective the gimme has to leave the B car in front going into T1. That's asking a lot but if an S driver wants to give it up, they've gotta give big.

K

gran racing
05-16-2012, 08:30 AM
Another one whose been there in a B car. However, I know that's just part of the game for a few turns. When I get frustrated and make a bolder move is when it happens for a couple of laps. Then again if you had been in 1st, it wouldn't have been as big of a problem. :p

Many (most?) ITS cars would not have let you by on the straight. Hell, I've been yelled at by ITS cars for not letting them by and I'm not talking about someone whose lapping me. I thought THAT was funny!

Drew M
05-16-2012, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys. Was just trying to learn.

Drew M
05-16-2012, 08:51 AM
Half of Saturdays race before i had to drop out from a brake problem.
https://vimeo.com/42237419

Wes, do you think you'll be able to be back out for the third round on June 3?

jjjanos
05-16-2012, 09:57 AM
The problem with the ITS/R and ITB mix is that a B car that's 2 seconds a lap faster can easily get held up on that track.

I would maintain that this is true on almost any track unless the B driver trusts the S/R driver to realize the B car is making something happen and the S/R driver expects such a move. (E.g. going into the S car at Summit's turn 5... you can do it and make it stick, but are you going to trust that an unknown driver in a car that should clean your clock won't turn down on you? Or getting the nose to the inside in the carousel at Summit... same problem.)

monsterbronco
05-16-2012, 12:00 PM
Drew,

I dont think i will make it back out for round 3 :(. I came back to some crazy work stuff this week so I am not sure when i will get the chance to tear down and fix the car... If I cant do it to drive, I still might come to watch/help out.

Drew M
05-16-2012, 01:03 PM
Aw bummer. Hopefully the stars will align for you.

TimM ITB
05-16-2012, 01:28 PM
I am not sure if this helps or makes things worse - but I have some footage of the first lap of Saturday's race......this is the first time that i have tried doing this (uploading to Youtube) - let's see if it works! Rob Foley's white Honda and the "other" black VW...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbpM08bToRo

preparedcivic
05-16-2012, 02:04 PM
Tim:

You've got a future as the new Fellini!

There wasn't any contact coming out of the chicane until the the very last move left by the #54 VW, when I was clearly pointed straight. There was plenty of room for him to make a clean pass there at that point. At least 4 or 5 feet of pavement to his right. :shrug:

I was trying to get around the BMW, by staying middle right and holding more inside into 6.

<sigh>

JLawton
05-17-2012, 07:57 AM
I've debated on whether to give my 2 cents......which is probably worth less than that........

1) A hand gesture? I wouldn't get too wound up about it. Happens all the time. If it goes to the next level, that's when its bad......

2) I've been at tracks like Pocono and Watkins Glen (power tracks) where I have been fighting for first or second....... and fighting for a championship..... and gotten mixed in with the second tier of ITS/ITR cars. It is MADDENING!! As time went on, the pass attempts got riskier and riskier..... some guys were clueless, one guy knew it but when approached nicely after, his comment was that he was worried about losing his 6th position.......... Seriously, if I'm glued to your ass at a power track, you need to get out of the way or take up stamp collecting......

I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion with some.......... but it is what it is......

On edit: I did watch bits and pieces of Rob's video but missed the incident with Drew so this isn't a comment on THAT specific incident.

CRallo
05-17-2012, 09:49 AM
Rob, did you talk to the black VW guy? his love tap may have been a response to your apparent weaving as your car danced around. Or he may have assumed that you'd move over once the BMW squirted away and started a move...

You mentioned other contact with the same car?

mossaidis
05-17-2012, 10:08 AM
my .5 cent, there seemed to be lots of unorthodox steering inputs... need to be smooth

preparedcivic
05-17-2012, 11:33 AM
My last reply on the subject. I agree that from Tim's video my cars shows a big jump at the chicane exit. Going back to my video (the Vimeo link) at the same spot, there are no exaggerated inputs, this is a slow 19:1 steering rack, and my in-car view exiting the corner is not visibly un-smooth until the side-to-side impact.

I was running an R6 front/A6 rear tire combo which was causing some sideways hop at the rear in this race, very much at the T2 exit and probably here too. That may be what is seen.

mossaidis
05-17-2012, 11:58 AM
Thank you all being IT dudes... and allowing us to voice our opinions within reason. That's what makes us so good :)

JohnnyH
05-18-2012, 09:26 PM
Here is my video from Rd.1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTMwobxC8nc&feature=youtu.be

I had no idea that my buddy overlayed the video and posted it on his youtube account for me. Been out on the left coast since the race weekend because my lil' bro just graduated med school. Never been to cali before and it is incredible out here...cars don't age...

Hopefully I can post video from Rd.2 in a few days when I return. Both races were some of the most intense I have ever been part of. Being out there racing door to door with Will Turner and Mike Marsal was an unexpected surprise and alot of fun, the Turner guys are a true class act.

It was a real treat to race during a pro weekend. Thanks to everyone involved who helped make it happen, hope we can do it again. My Mom got to ride in the pace car to start the race and she had the best Mother's Day ever!:023:

vwzx7
05-18-2012, 10:28 PM
Wow! Could they have left any more cars out on the side of the track?? :shrug:

But nice race! Too bad about the Autotechnic car tho....

rthiele
05-19-2012, 07:00 AM
Thanks John for the awesome video - great run with the Turner guys and Dan! Congrats for the win - that one goes in the records!

And I too feel sorry for Rob Driscoll's nice car - big bummer.

Knestis
05-19-2012, 09:51 AM
That was a stellar move by the guy in the red BMW, heaving the backmarker Miata into the daisies at about 20 minutes into the video.

K

lateapex911
05-19-2012, 11:43 AM
That was a stellar move by the guy in the red BMW, heaving the backmarker Miata into the daisies at about 20 minutes into the video.

K

Agreed, that was certainly avoidable contact. Not sure who that was. Too bad, didn't have to happen, that BMW had some ooomph, enough to fly by a Miata if he'd waited 5 seconds.

CRallo
05-19-2012, 03:28 PM
Agreed, that was certainly avoidable contact. Not sure who that was. Too bad, didn't have to happen, that BMW had some ooomph, enough to fly by a Miata if he'd waited 5 seconds.

Agreed. This is one of the reasons NJMP was not impressed with us on Saturday. Was a penalty dished out? Paper thrown? I'd have thrown it myself, had I been part of the event and saw it... I hope at the very least that an apology was offered directly after the race.

CRallo
05-19-2012, 03:30 PM
Matt forgot to flip the rear cam though :/ hurts my head to watch it lol

Here is my video from Rd.1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTMwobxC8nc&feature=youtu.be

JohnnyH
05-19-2012, 03:58 PM
Yeah, I noticed that the rear camera needs to be mirrored as well. I'll try to fix that and get Rd.2 up there too, just need to get some software to edit them.

Crap, I forgot about the footage in the middle when the miata was turned, been a week since we all watched it together in Matt's RV. Didn't mean to throw anyone under the bus...

Really feel bad about Driscoll's car, that incident could have ruined my year just as easily. That car fit him like an old glove, which is something not easily replaced. Hope they can get it fixed and back in action soon. As much as I saw the bumper of his car in the last 3 seasons I mean that in all sincerity. It means alot more trying to race and win against the autotechnic guys (and Matt - get your car prepped!).

My car is getting trans rebuilt as I write this, you probably noticed that 3rd gear kept popping out towards end of the race. After sunday's race the trans was toast. I was lucky to bring it home thanks to the shortened race.

CRallo
05-19-2012, 04:10 PM
cool! Yea, I forget what he said he used...

It was a sweet move, lol, just really not needed!

You are just scared of the next one! :p I feel bad too though, that car has such a great history and they are such good guys... They are saying that the car is totaled. I wonder if they have a new shell waiting in the wings... :D

I did... and I remember you talking about it after the race on Sunday!

gran racing
05-19-2012, 06:19 PM
Whomever was driving the red BMW looked a bit out of control (prior to the punt).

jumbojimbo
05-19-2012, 08:35 PM
Matt forgot to flip the rear cam though :/ hurts my head to watch it lol

And could you get rid of the gauges too? It makes a distracting reflection on the windshield.

benspeed
05-20-2012, 10:40 AM
Great weekend at NJMP! I was only disappointed when a fellow spun out and backed into my car, ripping a hole through the passenger door. First time out and a brand new paint job...well, bought a new door off eBay and will get the car dialed in again.

Great racing - some in car. I think this might be one of the best video documented races to date.

https://vimeo.com/42480308 round 1
https://vimeo.com/42491886 round 2

vicktorvolpe
05-21-2012, 07:03 AM
Agreed. This is one of the reasons NJMP was not impressed with us on Saturday. Was a penalty dished out? Paper thrown? I'd have thrown it myself, had I been part of the event and saw it... I hope at the very least that an apology was offered directly after the race.

I'm still surprised at all the hot tows we had on Saturday. It was all a bit hectic out there.

I had just been passed by the camera car before the orange miata got turned. I didn't know if he had been shoved or if he did it on his own....now I know.

JohnnyH
06-05-2012, 11:12 AM
Finally had a chance to post Round 2 video from the Grand-Am weekend. Not sure if my transmission would have lasted the full race length. This is much more exciting to watch than my video from Round 3 this past weekend.

Round 2 front: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0Sa_PAKrZ0

Round 2 rear bumper cam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho4k1XNujio