PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Bars

the1jbh
01-24-2012, 08:49 AM
I'm building my own roll cage for my miata and need to know the rules to nascar bars. What is the minimum height for the top nascar bar? Also, how much of an angel, from back to front can I mount my top nascar bar, to make it earier to enter and exit?

dickita15
01-24-2012, 09:12 AM
there is no defination of nascar bars. the rules only address tubing size.

Greg Amy
01-24-2012, 10:49 AM
Minor correction. Technical Glossary defines it as such:

NASCAR-Style Door Bars – If installed, shall consist of one or more sidebars that intrude into the door cavity and connect the main hoop to the front hoop.

joeg
01-24-2012, 10:51 AM
There is actually a derfinition in the "Technical Glossary" of the GCR.

"...one or more side bars that intrude into the door cavity and connect the main hoopto the front hoop"

Not what you would think when hearing NASCAR!

As long as the side bar "touches" the door panel (i.e., a half mm into the "cavity") is fine to meet this definition.

betamotorsports
01-24-2012, 12:33 PM
I'm building my own roll cage for my miata and need to know the rules to nascar bars. What is the minimum height for the top nascar bar? Also, how much of an angel, from back to front can I mount my top nascar bar, to make it earier to enter and exit?

There's no rule regarding double door bar angle, height, or spacing. When building a NASCAR style double door bar you'll need at least 6" between the two bars to get the vertical support bars in place and welded properly.

A general rule of thumb is the upper bar should be between the elbow and shoulder (with the upper arm hanging straight down) at the driver's seat but make sure that will work with your seat and you as a driver.

FYI... here's a pic of the door bars of a MiataCage cage installed:

http://www.betamotorsports.com/services/images/MiataITACage-2.jpg