STAC News...

Greg Amy

Administrator
Inspired by the "ITAC News" thread...there's been some personnel changes in the Super Touring Advisory Commitee.

Peter Keane has resigned as the STAC Chairman to join the Club Racing Board.

Chris Childs ("Rabbit07") has agreed to take over the Chairmanship of the STAC.

Eric Heinrich ("JS154") has agreed to join the STAC.

My condolences to each one of you!

Greg

peter has common sense. some people on the CRB don't. I don't know who peter is replacing, but him being on the CRB will only benefit the club, IMO.
the 4AGE thing is a play on Chip's comment.

Isn't that the superfast Formula Atlantic engine that everyone is scared of? :)

this. it's the 16v DOHC USDM stock motor in the 85-89 MR2, AE86, etc... in ITB. There are JDM (yo) only versions, like the 20V, that are in the 100hp/L output area stock. the USDM motor is 100% ST legal, Greg... don't know why you would, but you could.

I like PK, I admire him, and I generally agree with him. I enjoy talking to him as well, though he can be a bit brash at times. However, he and this motor in the IT application have had diagreements over potential (he thinks a lot of it, the motor doesn't agree), and it's an ongoing struggle via the ITAC and CRB. his presence on the board does not bode well for our (4AGE owners, not the ITAC) efforts to have it treated equitably.

that said, he's likely a good addition to the board overall, and I am glad to hear of his appointment. back to the regularly scheduled ST news...

Last edited:
Peter is a good guy. He helped me get an age clarification in the ST rule set that allows my "old" car to be LEGAL. He also helped me get an alternate carb for the 12A engine (IDA weber) which later was carried over to the 13B.

Back