PDA

View Full Version : 5.12 at VIR?

gpeluso
01-08-2012, 02:39 PM
Hello,
Still waiting for my BMW to be finished with standalone and may have to take my ITS RX7 to VIR in Feb...... Is it possible to run a 5.12 on the full course with the PROPER 5th gear? I just thinking the back straight maybe to long.....the rear was fine for summit though.

Thanks
Greg

mossaidis
01-08-2012, 05:11 PM
it's honda centric, yet it should be able to use the calc for your answer...

http://www.teammfactory.com/gear-calculator

JeffYoung
01-08-2012, 06:11 PM
I'm not sure if top speed at VIR is any faster than Summit, where the front straight entry speed is WAY higher than exit at Oak Tree.

I just touch 129-30 mph on the back straight (fastest place on the track) at VIR. I think Zsolt is the same in his GSR, and the fast RX7s similar.

So, if you can get to 130 mph you should be fine, and I'm pretty sure the fast RX7s do use the 5.12 there.

Andy Bettencourt
01-08-2012, 07:03 PM
Hello,
Still waiting for my BMW to be finished with standalone and may have to take my ITS RX7 to VIR in Feb...... Is it possible to run a 5.12 on the full course with the PROPER 5th gear? I just thinking the back straight maybe to long.....the rear was fine for summit though.

Thanks
Greg

What do you mean by proper 5th? The GTUs gear?

racingralph
01-08-2012, 09:28 PM
yes , your 5.12 gear will work fine at vir . have used one there for years . hope to get to go back this year. ralph

gpeluso
01-10-2012, 01:50 AM
Andy, the gear you guys put in the car...... There is more than one 5th....so I would image I have the proper one since you guys put the car together.....proper meaning the one people want to have ......gueeeeeeez......or do I have the sh$tty one?