PDA

View Full Version : Hans

manny
12-28-2011, 11:25 AM
Good morning to all. Well it has come time to purchase a HANS device. What im looking for is where to get one? Considering all suggestions :023:.

joeg
12-28-2011, 12:24 PM
I got mine on eBay.

RacerBill
12-28-2011, 12:44 PM
With anything that needs to be fitted or sized, I always go to a dealer. Earlier this month, I had the opportunity to attend the IMIS show where I was able to try on several different types of H&NR, not just the HANS.

Knestis
12-28-2011, 01:11 PM
Bill's right on there. Where are you located?
K

tom91ita
12-28-2011, 01:28 PM
Good morning to all. Well it has come time to purchase a HANS device. What im looking for is where to get one? Considering all suggestions :023:.

Manny,

do you specifically mean a HANS branded device or do you mean you plan to get a head and neck restraint system?

sorry to ask but the phrasing sounds like you might be using it in a generic sense.

i don't think there is too much difference in pricing between HANS dealers.

that being said, whoever is the most local to you and attends race events. i don't care about "brick and mortar" sites as much as "armco and tarmac" establishments.

DoubleXL240Z
12-28-2011, 02:14 PM
Looks like he's from Tampa! I would head to Sebring, Wine Country has a shop there, and are at almost all the races between Sebring, Daytona and Palm Beach. Craig is a great guy to deal with. I bought my helmet, Hans, belts etc from him.

Mazmarc63
12-28-2011, 03:11 PM
What Chris said.

Manny, head over to Sebring next weekend for the National. Both Wine Country and Track Side Tim should have plenty to choose from.

Thats what I'm going to do in between pace car duty.:)

manny
12-28-2011, 07:13 PM
Thanks guys. True, i did mean head and neck restraint system. Looks like i'll have to head over to sebring next weekend. Just trying to save on the price, with kids in college you have to watch it :D.

Mazmarc63
12-29-2011, 08:33 AM
Don't forget your helmet.

RacerBill
01-02-2012, 09:19 PM
...that being said, whoever is the most local to you and attends race events. i don't care about "brick and mortar" sites as much as "armco and tarmac" establishments.

Yes, by all means support the dealers who are at the track when you need them! What happens when they are not there when you need them? Besides that, I ordered some brake fluid that cost more to ship than the fluid! Made sure I bought at the track the next time!

Train back on track!