PDA

View Full Version : ITC CRX Shocks??????????????

racer-025
12-13-2011, 10:54 PM
Hey,

I haven't been by IT for some time now. Been racing Spec Miata, Targa, GT for awhile now.

We still have the silver ITC CRX that Marc originally built sitting in the garage. Some of you may remember the car. It was featured in photos in the tech section of IT for several years.

Looking for a source for new front shocks. Getting hard to find now for these old Hondas (84-87), especially here in Canada. Anyone know a Koni (or equiv) supplier?

Bruce McNutt

ITA_honda
12-14-2011, 03:35 PM
Try Truechoice Racing Services. They have a large selection to choose from.

http://www.truechoicekoniracingservices.com/products/index.html

ITC69
12-16-2011, 12:38 AM
You can try Lee Grimes @ KONI Shock Absorbers (859) 586-4100 ex 316 & tell him you need a pair of shortened double adjustable KONI's for your 84-87 CRX or Civic - have no idea what current costs are or delivery time, but, worth every penny spent .

StephenB
12-16-2011, 09:51 AM
Agreed, Lee is a fantastic guy!

Stephen

ITC Racer
12-26-2011, 08:04 PM
Last I dug into this a couple years back, Konis for the front of these cars are unobtainium. Lee had a solution where you send a set of core/blown shocks and they can custom make a shock for the fronts. I think the lower section that slips into the steering knuckle was the issue.

The rears were easier to make since they could modify (I believe) an integra Type-R shock body for the rear.

If you can find some used Konis someplace, they should be able to rebuild them.