PDA

View Full Version : It was only a matter of time!!

NORRIS
11-28-2011, 12:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wD-NUjVMJc

Simon T.
11-28-2011, 09:28 PM
Dumb question, what's the 2.5 rule?

lateapex911
11-29-2011, 04:18 AM
SCCA used to require national classes to maintain a per event car average to retain national class status. It was 2.5 recently, but had been higher in the past. Recently, they just dropped that, so they (the PTB) can do as they wish.

Butch Kummer
11-29-2011, 09:26 AM
Actually I don't believe it ever was higher than 2.5. The original intent was that it would start at 1.5 and increase .5 each year until it reached 5.0, but it stalled out at 2.5 when the seven Spec Borward owners in the country (all of whom were on the BoD at the time) realized they'd lose their Runoffs status if it went any higher.

RSTPerformance
11-29-2011, 10:16 PM
John- Best post ever on IT.com!!!

I bet 90% (ok maybe not 90%) of the membership that we realistically have a chance at keeping but leaves is because of this overall perception of the leadership (BOD goes in circles & everyone has inside agendas).

I know it is a post in good fun but it is a reality I wish the club could fix.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!!

Thanks again;

Raymond

Terry Hanushek
11-29-2011, 11:12 PM
Butch et all

Actually I don't believe it ever was higher than 2.5. The original intent was that it would start at 1.5 and increase .5 each year until it reached 5.0, but it stalled out at 2.5 when the seven Spec Borward owners in the country (all of whom were on the BoD at the time) realized they'd lose their Runoffs status if it went any higher.

The initial National class participation rule was 2.5 cars or more per event in the top five (of 8) divisions. It was instituted in the early 90's as I recall. In the mid 90's, it was modified to increase by .5 cars per year until it got to 5.0 cars. After it got to 3.5 cars in the top five divisions, the progression stopped and stayed frozen for many years. In 2008 (when Great Lakes Division became the ninth division), the number was changed to 2.5 cars or more per event in all divisions. The current 2.5 cars per event is much greater than the original 2.5 cars rule because there are no drops. The original rule took into account geographical differences where certain classes were strong in one section of the country and not in another.

Terry

CRallo
12-09-2011, 03:59 PM
LOL! that is simply awesome!

ShelbyRacer
12-09-2011, 04:22 PM
"Don't worry sweetie, no one is bringing back GP."

I've watched this 10 times and that STILL gets me every time.

dave parker
12-09-2011, 07:00 PM
I have watched this every day for a week and still have a great laugh.
Unfortunately, it is all too true, and this really brings that home.

Our club's National leadership appears to be unable to pick a plan and stick with it.

Sadly, "business as usual" and "that is the way we have always done it" will not allow the club to survive in todays market.
Hopefully, someone in authority will realize that before it is too late to save the currently rudderless ship of fools.

cheers
dave parker