PDA

View Full Version : S5 Fuel Pressure Regulator

monsterbronco
10-25-2011, 05:11 PM
ok sorry if this has been gone over before but i searched and have not been able to find anything.

looking to install a FPR on an S5.

so my understanding is i will have to cut off the factory FPR and weld on a fitting to be able to plumb the new regulator in. correct? suggestions on fittings?

this is all on the return side of the system correct?

FPR with a range of 30-70 PSI will be sufficient? I am on the fence with buying the kit from Flatout, ISC or just piecing it together from Summit Racing or such (not sure if this is even a good option from a financial perspective).

Thanks for the help!

racingralph
10-29-2011, 10:45 PM
have raced for years with stock regulator in place.. the regulator you are considering will over-ride the stock pressure..

Andy Bettencourt
10-30-2011, 08:37 AM
have raced for years with stock regulator in place.. the regulator you are considering will over-ride the stock pressure..

Which is the point. If you don't want to buy a programmable ECU, adjusting the FP on these cars can result on some found HP.

monsterbronco
11-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Andy are you saying that with a programmable ECU an adjustable FPR is not necessary?

Andy Bettencourt
11-03-2011, 08:48 AM
Andy are you saying that with a programmable ECU an adjustable FPR is not necessary?

On this car, I would say yes. Most cars run rich. With an AFPR you are making a 'crude' wholesale adustment to lean out the mixture to find the sweet spot on the dyno. With a programmable computer, you are going to end up doing the same thing but in a much more finite way. You can see much bigger gains by electronically controlling the fuel. But the FPR is a great way to find some power on the cheap.

wlfpkrcn
11-19-2011, 11:12 AM
What fuel pressure are you guys running? Any recommendations on which regulator to use?

seckerich
11-19-2011, 12:16 PM
As andy was saying you only need a regulator if you plan to use stock computer. You will usually see 42-45 psi with the stock regulator. If you want more pressure just add the aeromotive A1000-6 in the return line to go higher. If you plan to drop pressure for some reason then you will have to disadle the stock one on the rail. As a general rule the S5 is too rich to begin with so unless you play with sensor inputs you will not see a gain.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/Brand/Aeromotive/Product-Line/Aeromotive-A1000-6-Injected-Bypass-Regulators/?autoview=SKU

monsterbronco
11-19-2011, 01:41 PM
thanks steve! thats the information i was looking for!

Wes