PDA

View Full Version : Locating ex-WCTC cars

red986s
10-19-2011, 07:24 PM
I may regret asking this but, where would one look for ex-WCTC cars? They have some on race-cars.com. Anywhere else?

Thanks, I think.:rolleyes:

Bob Roth
10-20-2011, 08:53 PM
Here ya go. Fast car, won at Long Beach in 2011. No DNF's. Every race it ran it finished in top 10 as I recall. I rented it for double race at Mid Ohio and it made even me look good!

http://www.improvedtouring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29699

red986s
10-20-2011, 09:30 PM
Thanks Bob! I remember that Civic, great car!

Eyeballed this Protege as well. http://www.race-cars.com/carsales/other/1201320862/1201320862ss.htm

Looks like $25k minimum so far for a WCTC.

Simon T.
10-20-2011, 11:49 PM
Have you tried Racing Junk?

Bob Roth
10-21-2011, 02:15 PM
Try this bad boy, but gotta warn ya, the car may be cheap but the upkeep might not be

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-Mazda-626-ex-world-challenge-Race-Car-Super-deal-/200665382235?pt=Race_Cars_Not_Street_Legal_&hash=item2eb896bd5b#ht_500wt_1182

Bob Roth
10-21-2011, 02:20 PM
I don't know what happened to this. http://www.improvedtouring.com/forums/archive/index.php?t-26649.html

Ps, if you are thinking about actually running, Brandon's car is a steal. He's selling it because he's building a '12 but this one will likely be every bit as good.

jrem72
10-21-2011, 08:57 PM
That car was sold then traded back to Tindol for a Mazda 6. It is back at Tindol I think?

red986s
10-22-2011, 09:09 PM
Hey just wanted to say thanks for all the replies! If you find one for sale post it here as I'll check this thread from time to time. Maybe this thread will entice someone else to look into bringing one over to STU.

23racer
10-27-2011, 04:30 PM
I have one as well and just a bit of caution when looking at older WCTC's, they don't automatically transfer in to STU. In my case I am out on a few things, but the biggest issues are having to add well over 200 lbs (almost 300) to the car, reduce the compression ratio (or run illegal and hope I don't get protested) and run smaller tires (not a major thing).

The car as it sits, is one of the best handling and quickest FWD cars I have ever driven, but I really don't want to make a bunch of changes that reduce the driving experience to run for a trophy that I would lose in a second with a protest. If I tow to an SCCA event, then I will just run the car as is in ITE.

Greg and others in the SCCA Club side have been great with communication and trying to help me get the car to fit in, but as I mostly run with a different group up here in Canada that lets me run the car as is, I just want to leave it at that. We actually have a fairly large number of ex WCTC running in Ontario and sometimes they sell pretty cheap. Oh yeah, I also use a Defnder as it is the only comfortable one with SFI ratings, but it was certified in 2009, so I am still good for a few years, LOL. Up here the use of a H&N is still only recommended.

Eric

Make sure you get the newest one you can with a valid VTS that fits with the direction of STU.

http://www.improvedtouring.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=365&c=13

Cobrar05
10-29-2011, 09:25 AM
the best place to find older wctc and grand am st cars are with the teams that have raced them. thats where i got my mustang. particularly in this economy its hard to sell the retired equipment and a lot of it is taking up garage space.

red986s
11-01-2011, 11:10 PM
I have one as well and just a bit of caution when looking at older WCTC's, they don't automatically transfer in to STU. In my case I am out on a few things, but the biggest issues are having to add well over 200 lbs (almost 300) to the car, reduce the compression ratio (or run illegal and hope I don't get protested) and run smaller tires (not a major thing).

Thanks Eric, didn't realize that some WCTC cars may not fit STU. Good info!

JS154
11-01-2011, 11:33 PM
Thanks Eric, didn't realize that some WCTC cars may not fit STU. Good info!

they should, just the ones that don;t meet the STU limits would have an issue, this is addressed by allowing them to run on the VTS and at a weight penalty of +5% of the higher of STU or VTS....

Bob Roth
11-03-2011, 07:58 PM
I am virtually sure this was a WC Focus. Has right door stickers, $15,500 or best offer! I think ex indycar memo gidley and the chip herr raced it in US Air Force livery
http://forums.focaljet.com/duratec-tuning/431035-memo-gidley-race-ford-focus-speed-world-challenge.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-FORD-FOCUS-SVT-PROFESSIONAL-RACE-CAR-NOT-STREET-LEGAL-ROAD-RACING-ONLY-/280763046717?pt=Race_Cars_Not_Street_Legal_&hash=item415ec81b3d#ht_500wt_1182

Here's the information

2002 Ford Focus SVT Full Profesional Road Race Car, Rolling Chassis with engine and trani, Brand new Recaro bucket seat, brake man four pisten calipers, 13" front rotors, F1 rear spoiler, borla exhauste, Volk-rays racing rims, EFI wiring in dashboards, moton 4 point suspension (4 way adjustable), fuel tank gas shield, b&m short shifter, plesxy-carbon class (ready to be instal), 5 point professional seatbealt, full custom roll-cage SCCA PRO-RACING APPROVED, MANY CUSTOMS FABRICATIONS, over $50,000 invested so far. Must Sell $15,500 O.B.O. for furder details or more information please feel free to call or text @ 818 433 2544. 818 431 3478 or By E-mail [email protected]

Bob Roth
11-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Or, for just $79k, here's a Mercedes Benz!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SCCA-WORLD-CHALLENGE-MERCEDES-BENZ-TOURING-CAR-ONE-TWO-/260878963733?pt=Race_Cars_Not_Street_Legal_&hash=item3cbd991415#ht_500wt_1182

BEING OFFERED IS ONE OF TWO SCCA WORLD CHALLENGE MERCEDES BENZ TOURING CAR OVER $250,000 IN INITIAL BUILD! MOSTLY CARBON BODY AND X-TRAC SEQUENTIAL GEAR BOX,MOTEC DASH AND ALL OF THE BEST EQUIPMENT!

THE CAR IS ELIGIBLE FOR STU IN SCCA AND SCCA PRO TRANS AM THREE THE NEW MOTOR PACKAGE IN THIS CAR INCLUDES:

NEW TURBO WITH APPROX 400HP

MANY MANY SPARES

CONTACT CHIP VAN VURST AT (954) 410-9883 OR [email protected]

23racer
11-03-2011, 08:22 PM
they should, just the ones that don;t meet the STU limits would have an issue, this is addressed by allowing them to run on the VTS and at a weight penalty of +5% of the higher of STU or VTS....

Its a bit more than that and includes things like in-car adjustable bars, tire sizes, compression and the weight penalty (at least for me) is a little bit more than 5%. My car's VTS is from 2002 and the WC Series adjusted the cars a bit between then and when the direction of STU was redirected this past year. Not saying its wrong or a major issue, its just not to expect to take a car from earlier this decade and even with a valid WC VTS, just add 5% weight and run as is. I would have to do somewhat more than add 5% to run in STU.

It has been clearly explained to me what I need to do and I have no issues with the SCCA Club side at all. All I can advise is to check with the SCCA on how many changes you would need to make to the WC VTS to allow your car to run before buying a new car.

Eric

Bob Roth
11-03-2011, 08:22 PM
or WC SRT4
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Neon-SRT-4-SCCA-World-Challenge-Podium-Winner-Spares-Ready-Race-/260881591362?pt=Race_Cars_Not_Street_Legal_&hash=item3cbdc12c42#ht_718wt_1165

Dodge Neon SRT-4 SCCA World Challenge

Built by championship team 3-R Racing in Denver Colorado

Great Racing History:

Multiple SRT-4s were raced in the SCCA SPEED World Challenge - Touring Car Series, and in 2006 - their second year of competition - had become one of the more successful platforms in the series. Robb Holland, of 3R Racing, became the first Pro driver to put the SRT-4 on the podium with his 3rd place finish at Road America in August 2006. This was Dodge's first podium and first manufacturer's points in World Challenge Touring Car competition. Holland would finish the season with 3 top 10 finishes and two top 5 qualifying efforts in the SRT-4

In 2007, Stan Wilson won the Speed World Challenge Touring Car Rookie Driver of the Year and the Sunoco Hard Charger of the Year awards driving the Sorted Performance Dodge SRT-4.[ This was Dodge's first title in Speed World Challenge Touring Car.

This car recieved a new engine in 2008, the original engine lasted 2 years of racing. The new engine only has 1 race on it and right at 6 hours of track time.

List of Spares:

Two sets of OZ racing wheels, One Transmission, One Hood, One Intercooler, Five Sets of Springs, Power Steering Pump, Cooler Lines, Oil Pump, Box of Nuts and Bolts, Clutch, Misc Gears, Steering & Spindle, Axel Boots, O2 Sensors, Misc Gaskets, ECU, Tension Rods, Spark Plugs, Misc Belts, Set of Rotors, Electric Radiator Fan, Misc Billet Brackets, Wheel Spacers, Set of Wheel Hubs, Set of Control Arms

The Motorsports Gallery is located at 2669 Larimer st. Denver, CO 80205

The buyer is responsible for shipping

A $1000 deposit will be required within 24 hours of auction close.

Bob Roth
11-03-2011, 08:46 PM
Oh hell, this might trip your trigger too, not ex WC but looks like a rocket. The video in the ad is a trip http://www.racingjunk.com/NASA-Honda-Challenge/2360780/Honda-Challenge-H1-K20-Civic.html

Bob Roth
11-03-2011, 08:53 PM
Or if you want a really wicked sounding 944 for $16,500, Maybe $10k if not misprint http://www.racingjunk.com/Special-Production/2349526/944-.html

Full race Porsche 944 ‘S3’ (968 power)

Motor- 968 motor bored to 3.2 liter (just under 2.9 stock), JE pistons, Pauter rods, ARP fasteners, knife edged lightened nitrated crank, decked head (12.5:1 compression), Web cams, Extrude- A-Honed intake, custom made header and exhaust by Albert Broadfoot, RC injectors, Nology coil and wires, SCCA fuel port, 930T fuel pump – running on stock DME with custom chip- engine assembled by Master Porsche Technician Carl Register of Gainesville Fla.

Transmission - 944 turbo trans with cooler and LSD, 944S2, ring and pinion, lightened flywheel, Sachs clutch, short shifter

Running gear- full Koni coil overs all around w 450# and 550# springs, Racers Edge bushings. Racers Edge camber plates, custom strut bar, Charley Arms, Racers Edge hubs. 10 x 18 3 pc CCW wheels (2 sets) w\285-30 x 18 Hoosiers. Porsche ‘Big Reds’ up front with 944T front brakes on rear and cockpit bias valve. steel brake lines

Body- 944 Turbo tub with all interior sound deadening removed. Custom built 10 pt DOM roll cage with NASCAR door bars by Tommy Riggins Engineering. Custom made ‘saddle bag’ style fuel cell (drops fuel load down low on each side of transmission instead of up high like typical aftermarket 944 fuel cell) with new ATL bladder. Ultralight seat, Sparco wheel. Ultra light weight (2 lbs) fiber glass dash by Broadfoot Racing. Car has recently been completely re-wired with custom harness and battery relocated - all work preformed by Albert Broadfoot.

GT Racing light wt fiberglass front fenders, hood, sunroof panel. Lexan windshield, rear hatch, and qtr windows. Custom made aluminum front splitter. GT Racing Carbon Fiber rear wing

Misc AFFF 10# fire system, AMB transponder and in car data system, SCCA and PCA logbooks

Also 2002 Pace 20 ft enclosed trailer with tire and fuel racks, new hubs, bearings, brakes.

Many painstaking hours have gone into building and developing this car because I wanted something different to compete in SCCA’s SPO class. Car is 2426 lbs wet, the brakes are strong enough to detach your retinas (there is nothing more fun than out braking and diving under a 600hp stock car in a tight corner like Sebring’s hairpin), It’s reliable and easy to drive. If you want to free up another 20 HP I’d suggest a MOTEC system. I am selling this car due to a divorce and my relocation to another state. Car is currently stored in Jacksonville Fla and can be seen by appointment. This car was driven into the trailer after a SCCA race at Sebring 3 yrs ago and has not been started since. It comes with all my spares and there are numerous other race odds and ends in my trailer that go with it. I will make a great package deal with the trailer or sell separately. The car is straight with some minor dents on right rear qtr panel. Due to my divorce and move I have many, but not all of the receipts. The Porsche Master Tech who built the engine and helped me maintain the car will verify the engine work.

The wheels alone on this car were $3600, the custom bladder for the fuel cell was $1650, the brake pkg was over $5000, Charley Arms $2500

$16,500 for car, $19,000 for car\trailer pkg

More pictures available upon request.

CRallo
11-04-2011, 12:34 PM
damn, SOMEONE is on a roll! lots of cool cars to be had for sure!