PDA

View Full Version : Who won the rest of the SIC IT races???

Russ Myers
10-10-2011, 01:46 PM
Enlighten those of us who were unable to attend or otherwise have no way of knowing. Who won the other SIC IT races?

Russ

seckerich
10-10-2011, 02:02 PM
http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=724740

Russ Myers
10-10-2011, 02:44 PM
Unfortunatly, the computer at work blocks that site. Not this one, but just about everything else.

Russ.

TomL
10-10-2011, 04:13 PM
Very short version.

Disappointing turnout in ITB/C. Just two cars in ITB, even though five had signed up. David Kinsey got away from Bob Lembcke late to win. Lembcke won the title. In ITC , David Stephens beat both ITBs, plus Michael Alexander and Bob Pharr, while Philip Stephens DNFed. David won the championship.

ITR was Dave Karably edging Rickey Thompson. Rickey's title. Russ Boatwright, Jr., was next and won ITS. Kent Thompson finished under a car length up on Jeff Young, then Run Munnerlyn and Brian Mangan. Chuck Hines DNFed, so Jeff won the title and Mangan took second. Willie Phee jumped Neal Harrison at the start and Neal never got back by despite his best efforts. John Vaught and Joe Bryan Payne were next, while Grant Boshoff DNFed. John Carter was ill and didn't make the race, so Neal won the championship handily. Stan Hinds won IT7 quite easily over Gary Wilson. Neil Gueldner and I both DNFed. Gary won the championship.

I'll be doing a longer write up for the SEDiv site later.

Aged racer
10-11-2011, 07:15 AM
I had looked forward to this race all year- had planned to run both the ECR and SARRC. It looked we were going to have a small but quality turnout for ITB, and I really wanted to give Bob some competition. Unfortunately personal circumstances reared up at the last minute (my wife's father passed away) and I needed to be at home.

Congrats on the season titles for all the IT guys. Now I'm really motivated for next year- we will be back starting at Goblin's Go next week.

Steve Strickland
ITB #88- 2000 Mazda Protege