PDA

View Full Version : TreadZone Pro IT Series (NE) - 2012 Season

dtanthon
09-29-2011, 12:44 PM
What went well in 2011?
What do we want for 2012?
Questions, comments and observations are always welcome.

Keith O
09-29-2011, 03:33 PM
I think that everyone will agree that Pocono did not work. The SAFER barrier concrete strips were a disaster. If they will be there next season I definitly will not be running there.

dtanthon
10-19-2011, 01:58 PM
Any more comments or suggestions?

All the checks have been mailed for the season and end of year. Please deposit or in 90 days they will be donated to the worker fund.

A big thank you to Robert Thiele, Jim and Ben Slechta, Kurt Thiel and Tyler Munroe for donating their prize funds to the worker fund. We will pay for many to attend the SJR January party at NJMP. Without the workers we don't play.

StephenB
10-19-2011, 02:59 PM
I think you guys do a great job as is I can't wait to get back into the series! My only suggestion would be a 200 pound weight penalty for bmws ;)

Stephen

dj10
10-19-2011, 03:19 PM
I think you guys do a great job as is I can't wait to get back into the series! My only suggestion would be a 200 pound weight penalty for bmws ;)

Stephen

How about we just tie one arm and one leg behind our back? :D ;)

StephenB
10-19-2011, 03:35 PM

Stephen

mossaidis
10-19-2011, 04:53 PM
I think I see a pattern here...

Seriously, I had tons of fun, even better, I enjoyed my two wins and receiving money at the end of year!

POC... POC... POC... enough said. I like going fast, but those barriers.... ugh.

ITA/B/C participation is thin though. I would imagine that ProIT held in conjuction with NARRC... might improve numbers. Now that I think about it, the July Sprints had slim ITA/B/C pickings as well.

On the other hand, I look forward to the running support events with ARRC, etc. in 2012.

RHallRacing
10-19-2011, 09:51 PM
I think one of the events should be run on Memorial Day at LRP or maybe follow a few Grand-Am races in the northeast

StephenB
10-19-2011, 10:07 PM
maybe follow a few Grand-Am races in the northeast

Yes! That would be very cool :) Even if it meant none of us got ANY money back... Basically take our purse to pay the bill!

Stephen

gizmo83
10-20-2011, 05:30 AM
We haven't tries ProIT yet...but
Memorial Day at LRP would be amazing with all the other groups racing that weekend!

Rabbit05
10-20-2011, 06:33 AM
I haven't run the series yet due to bugitary restraints and well just trying to get my car to run...

I agree that a race during Memorial Day weekend at Lime Rock would be awesome. And I would put that date on my calender as a "must run" race..:)

My 0.02

ulfelder
10-20-2011, 06:40 AM
Darrell: Early in 2011, I made the decision not to run Pro-IT, focusing on Regional NARRC races instead. I have to say I regret the decision: In my mind, organizers and drivers have made Pro-IT the premier amateur series in the northeast. Specifically, in ITR and ITS, it seems to attract a consistently deep field of top-end cars and drivers.

Congratulations!

For 2012, I will shift my focus to Pro-IT.

My top request would be a points structure that allows a certain number of "drops."

Also - and I know you're probably tired of hearing this - I won't be visiting Pocono again until and unless I hear some great things about the track's paving, attitude toward club racers, testing options, etc.

dj10
10-20-2011, 09:31 AM
top request would be a points structure that allows a certain number of "drops."

Also - and I know you're probably tired of hearing this - I won't be visiting Pocono again until and unless I hear some great things about the track's paving, attitude toward club racers, testing options, etc.

Steve I totally agree with you on Pocono but I don't think drop races can be accomplished. Think about any pro race series, drops are not an option. If you can't make it for some reason you suffer the points loses. Example, I'm from Pittsburgh, PA if I don't want to spend the money or because I don't know a track like Lime Rock I just don't show up without any plenty? It's not fair to the other competitors even though you have the advantage of being close and it's a home track to you. I just hope the ProIT doesn't do a 7 to 10 race schedule then the cost of racing all these races becomes an issue.

I hope everything works out for next year, I'd love to be on the track with you and the S2000.

Drew M
10-24-2011, 09:14 PM
what about running the uphill chicane at lime rock?

ive never seen anyone but the pro series' run that chicane, but if pro-it somehow was able to run with grand-am, as was mentioned, the argument would be in our favor. i.e. corner workers wouldn't have to remove the cones or tire barriers that are put at the top of the uphill to slow the cars that miss the chicane.

RHallRacing
10-24-2011, 09:57 PM
[QUOTE=Drew M;329019]what about running the uphill chicane at lime rock?QUOTE]

Having run it... it leads to a lot of desperation pass attempts and takes away the "pucker factor" of the uphill and west bend. It works well for teaching....but i'd run classic every day of the week.

Either way, i think the series would fit in perfectly with the weekend and i know i can get all of our B cars signed up for it

Drew M
10-25-2011, 02:40 PM
Support race for F1 in NJ? :D That'd be pretty sweet.

JS154
11-08-2011, 12:37 PM
How about including the ST classes?

CRallo
11-08-2011, 01:42 PM

Assuming you are talking STU and STL only... Sounds like a good idea on the surface, the community is close (to a point), and one theoretically feeds the other... But I'll share my thoughts.

Its ProIT

it's bad enough that SM gets to run. Should we call it ProITSMST? what's next?

fields are pretty full as it is at most tracks...

One of the pluses of ProIT is double dipping somewhere besides STx or and/or big bore.

This would be bad for the focus of the series.

It would make planning raceday's schedule even harder, more to work around.

oh, and it's ProIT.

just say'n...

dtanthon
11-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Rule 2.6
Subject to the approval of the Series Chief Steward, additional ‘IT-like” cars may run the series races while forfeiting series points and prize money. They will be in the “ITX” (eXhibition) class and must otherwise comply with all series requirements.

Also....
We are still working on the 2012 schedule. We have some firm dates but are still working on some others. Looks like a 7 race schedule but you never know what may fall off or jump in.

CRallo
11-08-2011, 02:33 PM
oh yea... Did that atleast once this year, right? good compromise for sure!

Excellent news, keep up the good work Darrel!

Rule 2.6
Subject to the approval of the Series Chief Steward, additional ‘IT-like” cars may run the series races while forfeiting series points and prize money. They will be in the “ITX” (eXhibition) class and must otherwise comply with all series requirements.

Also....
We are still working on the 2012 schedule. We have some firm dates but are still working on some others. Looks like a 7 race schedule but you never know what may fall off or jump in.

Terry Hanushek
11-08-2011, 04:47 PM
JS154

We were asked that question last year. After a short review, we realized that most STU (and now STL) cars are either IT or SM cars which are already eligible for the series. We have our ITX class to admit other STU / STL cars on an individual basis.

Terry

mossaidis
11-08-2011, 06:32 PM
If for some reason STL does not go national next year... which gosh... it will of course... right? (cough, I wish) I would encourage STL into ProIT. STU has a playground already, it's called Regional and National. Wait, the same could be said for ... (lips sealed).

dtanthon
12-02-2011, 10:45 PM
We are still working on the 2012 schedule. Figure we will be final in a few weeks.

Something cool:

US BMW Racers Honored in Germany

"Three drivers racing in the North American ProIT Series ranked in the top-25;
Rob Driscoll (3), Jeff Henderson (4) and Robert Thiele (11). Sanctioned by the
Sports Car Club of America, the ProIT Series was conceived in 2007 to showcase
the best amateur road racing in the Northeast."
Read more: link (http://www.eurotuner.com/news/eurp_1112_us_bmw_racers/index.html#ixzz1fR4T2Tig)

<<< Thanks to Butch and the Atlanta crew for letting us borrow the format, great series!!! >>>

dtanthon
12-15-2011, 09:47 AM
2012 schedule is still taking shape, we will have a release shortly.

Also....
2011 TreadZone Pro IT Series Awards

Along with
South Jersey Region Party
SJR Race, Rally and Solo Awards
2011 New Jersey Road Racing Series Awards

Saturday January 21st, 2012 ~ 6PM-10PM
New Jersey Motorsports Park Officer's Club
Only $25/person
Online at www.dlbracing.com (http://www.dlbracing.com)

dtanthon
12-20-2011, 10:54 PM
Rounds 1 & 2 - May 11-13 - NJMP-Thunderbolt (w/chicane) - supporting Grand AM
Round 3 - June 2-3 - NJMP-Thunderbolt - supporting National
Round 4 - June 23 - Lime Rock Park - supporting National
Round 5 - June 30-July 1 - NJMP-Lightning - with Joe DeLuca and Linda Gronlund Freedom Races Regional
Round 6 - July 21-22 - Watkins Glen - with July Sprints Regional
Round 7 - August/September - TBD - TBD - TBD
Round 8 - October 6-7 - Watkins Glen - with Last Chance Regional

More to come....
Reserved Numbers
Some rule changes

StephenB
12-20-2011, 11:03 PM
Yikes! Lots of NJ and we have 3 races in June :(
Any chance those rules changes will allow us to drop some races? I can't afford all that travel and time off in 1 month. One thing I loved about the way it was, was 1 race per month...

I will still certainly do some since I love the group and I love the series :)

Stephen

Terry Hanushek
12-20-2011, 11:54 PM
Stephen

Yikes! Lots of NJ and we have 3 races in June :(

If you talk real nice to Darrell and me, I think that we can get you an NJ Green Card so you can race in New Jersey as much as you want. :D :D We had Club races on Thunderbolt and Lightning scheduled before Grand Am came along so we ended up with three events.

There are not a lot of Club Racing events that can or want to support a Pro IT race in our geographic area. When the Lime Rock National popped back on the schedule after a year's hiatus, it landed in the middle of two of our traditional events. :shrug:

Any chance those rules changes will allow us to drop some races? I can't afford all that travel and time off in 1 month. One thing I loved about the way it was, was 1 race per month...

Since it looks like we will have one additional race next year, having a drop is a possibility.

See ya at the races

Terry

dj10
12-21-2011, 08:32 AM
[QUOTE=Since it looks like we will have one additional race next year, having a drop is a possibility.

See ya at the races

Terry[/QUOTE]

Does Grand AM allow for a drop race? Just sayin....

CRallo
12-21-2011, 11:46 AM
What he said!

Does Grand AM allow for a drop race? Just sayin....

StephenB
12-21-2011, 12:19 PM
Dan, I get where you're coming from but I do not have 6-10k to spend in one month! whenPro-it started it was about " professional feel, amateur fun". three races in 1 month is not amateur fun. I was going to run the entire series for points, instead I will probably go with the NARRC because it is more affordable. Give 1 drop and that will really help us on a budget during the month of june and that may change everything, for me anyway.

Stephen

benspeed
12-21-2011, 12:50 PM
Hi guys - gotta say that three in one month is tough...otherwise looks great! Awesome job on the support race for Grand Am - that will rock! I will bring down some bikini girls in the mega bus :-)

dj10
12-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Dan, I get where you're coming from but I do not have 6-10k to spend in one month! whenPro-it started it was about " professional feel, amateur fun". three races in 1 month is not amateur fun. I was going to run the entire series for points, instead I will probably go with the NARRC because it is more affordable. Give 1 drop and that will really help us on a budget during the month of june and that may change everything, for me anyway.

Stephen

Stephen,
No doubt it will be hard for almost everyone 3 races in a month I would have hoped for them to spread it out. I'm not sure why they choose to do it this way? Hell I'm traveling for western PA so it's not fun for me either. But to drop a race? That means because I don't know Lime Rock I should be able to drop it and because it will be the most expensive. This doesn't sound fair to the other competitors does it? I think we should try and urge the administrators to spread the races out because I bet even Grand Am doesnt have 3 races in one month.:) Just my 2 cents buddy...

dtanthon
12-21-2011, 03:07 PM
Just some observations.....

Grand Am has 4 races in June :)
They get paid a lot more than we do plus they pay a lot more.

A little history and future....
2011 – 6 weekends
Number of weeks between events
Round 1 -> Round 2 – 4 weeks
Round 2 -> Round 3 - 4 weeks
Round 3 -> Round 4 - 3 weeks
Round 4 -> Round 5 - 3 weeks
Round 5 -> Round 6 - 8 weeks

2011 – Drivers
111 – total
Drivers that completed in
6 weekends - 7
5 weekends - 8
4 weekends - 5
3 weekends - 13
2 weekends - 16
1 weekend - 62

2012 – 7 weekends
Round 1&2 NJMP-T -> Round 3 NJMP-T - 3 weeks
Round 3 NJMP-T -> Round 4 LRP - 3 weeks
Round 4 LRP -> Round 5 NJMP-L - 1 week
Round 5 NJMP-L -> Round 6 WGI - 3 weeks
Round 6 WGI -> Round 7 TBD – 5-7 weeks
Round 7 TBD -> Round 8 WGI – 4-6 weeks

What was asked for:
Asked for Pro weekend.
Asked for Lime Rock back on the schedule.
Asked for no Pocono.

Special case:
Only one event this year at Lime Rock where Pro IT fits
Only one event this year on Lightning.

As mentioned before there will be rule changes for 2012 so stop :dead_horse:

Merry Christmas, you got all of what you asked for......

dj10
12-21-2011, 03:27 PM

2011 – 6 weekends

2011 – Drivers
111 – total
6 weekends - 7
5 weekends - 8
4 weekends - 5
3 weekends - 13
2 weekends - 16
1 weekend - 62

2012 – 7 weekends

What was asked for:
Asked for Pro weekend.
Asked for no Pocono.

Special case:

Well shut my mouth! :) Thanks for clearing that up for me Darrell. Do you have any idea when the rule changes come out?

dtanthon
12-21-2011, 03:39 PM
By the end of January.

Beginning of the year is busy with the driver's school, 12 hour, and the Pro IT series. Plus the National and Regional races. Plus the banquets. Imagine if we go paid to do this stuff.

Everyone coming to NJMP for the party in January?

Drew M
12-21-2011, 10:22 PM
Thanks for posting! I've been anticipating the schedule since October.

That Grand-Am weekend is going to be fun. Count me in for that one.

benspeed
12-21-2011, 11:09 PM

2011 – 6 weekends

2011 – Drivers
111 – total
6 weekends - 7
5 weekends - 8
4 weekends - 5
3 weekends - 13
2 weekends - 16
1 weekend - 62

2012 – 7 weekends

What was asked for:
Asked for Pro weekend.
Asked for no Pocono.

Special case:

Sorry DA - only pussies sit here online complaining when you guys are working hard to put together an awesome program. Apologies dude :o

StephenB
12-21-2011, 11:49 PM
Sorry as well Darrel. Dan and I will take our bickering to the track! :) sadly I dont think I could ever catch him though! I really cant wait for the season to come, and thanks for posting the schedule so we can plan our vacations. I cant make the banquet this year, post some pics on Facebook so we can all follow along!

Stephen

tdw6974
12-22-2011, 08:39 AM
:DThanks Darrell and others involved! Will work with schedule Heck We would rather have all the Races at Watkins Glen (45 minutes travel time and a Favorite resturant on way!) The info on Races and Entry Numbers interesting!! Since our Sponsor is retiring 12-31-2011 (Yes That's me) may start running on used race tires and sleeping in the trailer! Looking forward to 2012!!:eclipsee_steering: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!!!

dtanthon
12-22-2011, 09:33 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from TreadZone Pro IT Series!

One last thing for 2011...
All the prize fund checks have been mailed for the season and end of year. If a W9 was not provided your prize fund will be donated to the worker fund.

So far...
A big thank you again to Robert Thiele (once again buying beverages at the party!!!!!), Jim and Ben Slechta, Kurt Thiel and Tyler Munroe for donating their prize funds to the worker fund. We will donate $500 to pay for many workers to attend the Pro IT Awards, NJRRS & SJR party at NJMP (January 21). Without the workers we don't play.

Also...
Once the rules are finalized and approved (late January) we will post on www.ProITSeries.com (http://www.ProITSeries.com).

Thanks again for making this fun! We appreciate all the words and the best racingin the northeast.

cchandler
12-22-2011, 10:13 PM
I will bring down some bikini girls in the mega bus :-)

"Like"

EWKing
12-23-2011, 05:23 PM
Darrell,
Thank you and every single person that gives their time and energy to make this Pro it series what it is today. There are professional series around the US that are not run as well as this Series. I think i speak for all the drivers in saying A Very Big Thank You to all of you. Happy Holidays and be Safe.:023:

Terry Hanushek
01-22-2012, 09:36 PM
At their winter meeting yesterday, the Jersey Racing Board evaluated available dates and competitor preferences for the Aug-Sep TBD and decided to hold Round 7 in conjunction with the Summer Thunder regional on the NJMP Thunderbolt course.

Complete 2012 TreadZone Pro IT Series Schedule

Rounds 1 & 2 - May 11-13 - NJMP-Thunderbolt (w/chicane) - supporting Grand AM
Round 3 - June 3 - NJMP-Thunderbolt - with Jersey Devil National
Round 4 - June 23 - Lime Rock Park - with Lime Rock National
Round 5 - July 1 - NJMP-Lightning - with Joe DeLuca and Linda Gronlund Freedom Races Regional
Round 6 - July 21-22 - Watkins Glen - with July Sprints Regional
Round 7 - Aug 19 - NJMP-Thunderbolt - with Summer Thunder Regional
Round 8 - October 6-7 - Watkins Glen - with Last Chance Regional

Last night at the South Jersey Region / NJRRS banquet, the 2011 Pro IT Series champions were honored to their achievements.

Congratulations to our champions and bring on the 2012 season

See ya at the races

Terry

dtanthon
01-23-2012, 09:50 AM
The rules were updated, click here for Rules (http://www.proitseries.com/about-us/rules)

SM tires (2.2)
Non-SCCA classes (2.5)
Paperwork (6.3.1 & 6.3.3)
Drop (6.3.6)
Reserved Numbers (7.2)

Also, NJMP in May is with Grand Am, hotels fill up fast. As well with the Lightning date, this has ARCA on Thunderbolt.

Magical Trevor
01-27-2012, 12:57 AM
I know PRO-IT's season is already set. By my count Lime Rock is hurting for support races during its major events in 2012. They could fit one more in on Memorial Day (no MX-5s), another two or three on ALMS weekend (IMSA's not bringing their Porsches or sports racers), and another in September with Grand-Am (no Skip Barber). Wonder what they'll do....

StephenB
01-27-2012, 01:54 AM
Good ideas magic trevor!!!

Sooo.... who is in for ITR this year?
I think I may try to run the entire series this year :) I kinda like the NARRC schedule as well but this series always has the highest car counts in ITR.

Stephen

Terry Hanushek
01-27-2012, 03:13 AM
Trevor

I know PRO-IT's season is already set. By my count Lime Rock is hurting for support races during its major events in 2012. They could fit one more in on Memorial Day (no MX-5s), another two or three on ALMS weekend (IMSA's not bringing their Porsches or sports racers), and another in September with Grand-Am (no Skip Barber). Wonder what they'll do....

Thanks for the interesting info. We were approached a couple of weeks ago after we committed to our 2012 events and released our schedule. We have expressed definite interest in their 2013 pro series and hope to see big things in the future.

See ya at the races

Terry

rthiele
01-27-2012, 07:35 AM
Stephen, I'm in, focusing on Pro IT this year.

dj10
01-28-2012, 11:23 AM
Stephen, I'm in, focusing on Pro IT this year.

Ditto

lateapex911
01-28-2012, 04:20 PM
Trevor

Thanks for the interesting info. We were approached a couple of weeks ago after we committed to our 2012 events and released our schedule. We have expressed definite interest in their 2013 pro series and hope to see big things in the future.

See ya at the races

Terry

Too bad you can't grab a Lime Rock pro date. Get your foot in the door, so to speak.
On the other hand, I'm SURE LRP thinks their dates are pretty sweet, and will price them accordingly, AND foot in the door or not, I imagine they'd drop you like a hot potato if they had a better offer...
But, I know you'd sell out in the blink of an eye if the race had a reasonable entry fee.

dj10
01-29-2012, 11:21 AM
Too bad you can't grab a Lime Rock pro date. Get your foot in the door, so to speak.
On the other hand, I'm SURE LRP thinks their dates are pretty sweet, and will price them accordingly, AND foot in the door or not, I imagine they'd drop you like a hot potato if they had a better offer...
But, I know you'd sell out in the blink of an eye if the race had a reasonable entry fee.

I agree with Jake on this one...

tfisch100
02-27-2012, 11:45 PM
I am looking for a rental car to race in the NEDIV Pro-IT series races. If you have a car, contact me with a price. I am interested in all of the races except the June 23-24 race at NJMP.

Thanks

Terry Fischer
609-432-4290
[email protected]