PDA

View Full Version : I'm out ...

JoshS
09-28-2011, 10:34 PM
Last week I got one of those random e-mails from someone I don't know, saying that if I was willing to sell my ITR car, he'd buy ... and I found myself saying "yes." Everything's for sale for the right price, of course, and I haven't raced at all in 2011.

That's the second race car I've sold without ever advertising it, both for excellent prices.

Not sure what's next, I gotta do some thinking!

Knestis
09-28-2011, 10:54 PM
http://image.uuwallpaper.com/images3/wall/20060717/WebshotsSailboat005.jpg

Whatever it is, enjoy it.

It was great working with you on the ITAC, Josh. Keep in touch.

Kirk

Chip42
09-28-2011, 11:36 PM
There's a lot of MR2s on the west coast...

just sayin.

thanks for the efforts, congrats on the sale, and good luck on future endeavors, however noisy they may be.

JeffYoung
09-29-2011, 03:08 AM
Oddly enough, this doesn't happen with TR8s....

Seriously, congrats and hope you find another interesting choice for your next hobby (race car or otherwise). Enjoyed working with you on the ITAC. You did a great job as chair during a difficult time.

JLawton
09-29-2011, 06:54 AM
Oddly enough, this doesn't happen with TR8s....

Or Saturns................ :(

Greg Amy
09-29-2011, 07:00 AM
Oddly enough, this doesn't happen with TR8s...

Or Saturns...

Shocking. Simply shocking.

lawtonglenn
09-29-2011, 09:29 AM

strangely, the first thing I thought of was that Josh was in a "contest"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwH__x6jV6A

tnord
09-30-2011, 09:37 AM
Golf.

it's more accessible; there isn't many thousands of dollars worth of "safety equipment" required by cowardly, manipulative, and greedy entities; your costs and ability to enjoy your hobby aren't subject to speculative commodity traders and a fearful public; and you can laugh at your playing partners anytime they complain that "it's too expensive."

best to you josh, you were great to work with and kept a solid perspective on the ITAC.

ajmr2
09-30-2011, 10:21 AM
Josh, I salute you. Thanks for everything you did in defense of the lowly MR2. Good luck in whatever endeavor you pursue.

:happy204:

AJ

lateapex911
09-30-2011, 10:32 AM
Sorry to see you go, but not shocking, as I know the SF area makes it tough to house, maintain and race a car, esp with a growing family. Thanks for the ITAC service.

Newsworthy is the comment about selling a race car. Even WITH advertising! LOL

Let me guess, it's a BMW club guy?

erlrich
09-30-2011, 10:38 AM
You'll be back. It may be a while, but unless you find something equally as adrenaline-filled to replace it with you'll eventually miss it too much.

In the mean time, have fun with whatever you get into next, and thanks for all your work on the ITAC.

Z3_GoCar
09-30-2011, 11:11 AM
Sorry to see you go, but not shocking, as I know the SF area makes it tough to house, maintain and race a car, esp with a growing family. Thanks for the ITAC service.

Newsworthy is the comment about selling a race car. Even WITH advertising! LOL

It's worse than that Jake it's more like a nitch car, of a cult model, of a nitch brand....

BMW->Z3->Coupe

My money is on it probably someone who saw the car at Dorkfest-West.

JoshS
09-30-2011, 12:10 PM

My money is on it probably someone who saw the car at Dorkfest-West.

Both wrong. The new owner is getting back into racing after a couple of decades off. Was an FV guy back in the day. Found out about the car just by googling around. Had never seen it in person.

He always liked the Z3 Coupes because they look like a "Nash" Gremlin. I knew what he meant.

JoshS
09-30-2011, 12:15 PM
And BTW, thanks for all the kind words!

lateapex911
09-30-2011, 12:17 PM
Wow, I bet IF you advertised it, putting "Looks like a 'Nash' Gremlin" in the ad wouldn't have been the tag line that you knew would grab a potential buyers interest! Needle in a haystack. Congrats.