PDA

View Full Version : TreadZone Pro IT Series (NE) - Round 6 at Watkins Glen

dtanthon
09-01-2011, 08:46 AM
Entry is open on www.MotorsportReg.com (http://www.MotorsportReg.com)

Last Chance of 2011 Driver School / Regional / Pro IT / Enduro
TreadZone Pro IT Series - Sanction# 11-R-1748-S

Saturday - 1:10 – 1:30 pm - Pro IT Qualifying
Sunday - 8:30 - 9:25 am - Pro IT Race

Supps (http://www.glen-scca.org/RoadRacing/2011/LastChance2011Supps.pdf) ... Register (http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.requirements/uidEvent/FDF6B73D-E1DB-3178-0AD5276C84BB0378) ... Entry List (http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.status/uidEvent/FDF6B73D-E1DB-3178-0AD5276C84BB0378)

StephenB
09-01-2011, 09:46 AM
I can't wait for this! The Last WG PRO-IT race had possibly the largest car count in ITR ever! I hope this will be just as BIG. Its the final 2011 race for the PRO-IT series which should draw that entire crowd again. If you have an ITR car bring it up and race against some of the fastest ITR cars in the country! If you have never been to WG then now is the time to check out an awesome track during a colorfull time of year!

Stephen

dtanthon
09-29-2011, 12:36 PM
28 entries with just over a week till the event.

Get me your filled out W9 form so I can get you your checks.

dtanthon
10-05-2011, 12:05 PM
41 entries. Going to be a good race. The enduro looks good too!

Get me your filled out W9 form so I can get you your checks.

mossaidis
10-05-2011, 02:48 PM
Hi Darrell, can the w-9 be faxed to you? scan and emailed? and/or hand delivered with orginal sigs at wgi? Also, could you or someone approve my account on proit web site? Thanks, Mickey

dtanthon
10-05-2011, 03:07 PM
Scan and emailed works or toss it in the mail to me. I'll have forms at WGI this weekend. So you can just fill it out during the drivers meeting Saturday and get it back to me. After the race Sunday works as well.

I'll get into the Pro IT Series site and approve your account (or matt can do it).

Is the red rocket fixed? You were moving fast at NJMP, nice to see that!

Drew M
10-05-2011, 03:14 PM
registered last night. ill be there!

ulfelder
10-06-2011, 06:48 AM
Wish I could come, but this goddamn 22nd wedding anniversary is ... what, honey? Oh, nothing. Nothing at all ...

:shrug:

tdw6974
10-06-2011, 07:03 AM
Wish I could come, but this goddamn 22nd wedding anniversary is ... what, honey? Oh, nothing. Nothing at all ...

Celebrations at The Track Permitted!!! Heck Chief Instructor (Ed Z) and Cheryl R (race chair) getting married Saturday Evening!

Terry Hanushek
10-06-2011, 09:39 AM
Tom

Celebrations at The Track Permitted!!! Heck Chief Instructor (Ed Z) and Cheryl R (race chair) getting married Saturday Evening!

This is perfect! Steve and his bride can come to the Glen to help Ed and Cheryl celebrate their big day :happy204: ... and Steve can catch the last Pro IT race of the season. :eclipsee_steering:

See ya at the races

Terry

dj10
10-06-2011, 09:48 AM
Wish I could come, but this goddamn 22nd wedding anniversary

Steve this is the part I'm saving...I'll take 500 bucks in small unmarked bills wraped in a clean pair of womens underwear........:D

Drew M
10-06-2011, 12:27 PM

Sorry to hear you can't make it, Steve, but woo hoo!! 1 free position!!!

mossaidis
10-06-2011, 07:06 PM
Scan and emailed works or toss it in the mail to me. I'll have forms at WGI this weekend. So you can just fill it out during the drivers meeting Saturday and get it back to me. After the race Sunday works as well.

I'll get into the Pro IT Series site and approve your account (or matt can do it).

Is the red rocket fixed? You were moving fast at NJMP, nice to see that!

Thanks Darrell! hmmm... fast at NJMP <> fast at WGI :). Plus there's really good competition showing up this weekend for ProITA class. I am hoping the car will be ready by tomorrow afternoon, Matt should be calling me any minute letting me know she checks out more or less ok. The car is not pretty but functional. Dad and I went ahead and built another airdam/splitter but have yet to assemble and fit it on the car. if all goes well, we'll see you guys sat morning before qual with our fingers crossed, hoping to break sub 2:20 with 225 take offs!

Terry Hanushek
10-09-2011, 06:06 PM
TreadZone Pro IT Round 6 Results
Watkins Glen International

ITR

Rob Nimkoff - 23 laps
Abdultrab Aziz - 15 laps (not running)
Dan Jones - 5 laps (not running

ITS

Rob Driscoll - 23 laps (overall winner)
Jeff Henderson - 23 laps
John Hainsworth - 23 laps

ITA

Bob Beede - 23 laps
Bruce Perry - 23 laps
Steven Frederick - 23 laps

ITB

Michael Tinis - 22 laps
Steve Noake - 22 laps
Rob Foley - 22 laps

ITC

none

SM

John Weisberg - 23 laps
Marc Cefalo - 23 laps
Dave Cuifo - 23 laps

An unusually warm, sunny day for the last round of the 2011 season. Two new lap records - Jeff Henderson in ITS and Michael Tinis in ITB. Pole sitter Dan Jones set the fastest lap of the day before dropping out with a mechanical problem. Unusually high attrition for our usually solid ITR group.

The perfect end to a great season - thanks to everybody who competed in 2011.

Terry

dj10
10-10-2011, 09:52 AM
A $1.50 electrical connector put me out. My car is in perfect shape otherwise.

mossaidis
10-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Hi all,

It was a good race. ITA - Bob Beede and Bruce Perry were flying in the 2.17's. Stephen Frederick and I were in the high 2.18's. I got TONS of passing done after the green and before turn 1, perhaps as many 9 spots, from 18th overall, p4 in ITA to 9th overall and p2 in ITA. I was able to keep up with Bob for a few laps, at which point we started walking away from me, particularly in the straights. I caught up again after FCY and next thing I was 7th overall. Back to green, Bob pulled away again, I started overdriving the car and it was a matter of time before Bruce passed me. Stephen and I were a train for a couple of laps. I pointed him by before the bus stop on lap 10. He started to pass and decided not to. I was caught off guard, turned in late, went wide and ran over the rumble strips at the exit of the boot, spin out and flat spotted out both fronts and eventually pitted after lap 11 of 23. Good - car runs, new personal best of 2.18.9 (down from 2.20.9) and I went apple picking. Bad - I didn't finish, lost my chance for the ProITA champ spot and flat spotted two pretty good take offs. Video forthcoming.

Until next time,
Mickey

PS. Best conversation all weekend. Me to Bruce Perry: "Who's Bob Beede and what is doing in Wheeler's car?" Bruce, "He's a pro grand-am driver". Me, "Wow, really? well, what the hell he is doing here???" Bruce, "Slumming it." "Amen"

Terry Hanushek
10-10-2011, 03:22 PM
Dan

A $1.50 electrical connector put me out. My car is in perfect shape otherwise.

Bummer! I wondered what happened because you were flying until you pulled off.

Mickey

I was caught off guard, turned in late, went wide and ran over the rumble strips at the exit of the boot, spin out and flat spotted out both fronts and eventually pitted after lap 11 of 23.

Really tough luck - you were running great at the beginning of the race and closing in on the ITA title.

Terry

dj10
10-10-2011, 05:23 PM
Dan
Bummer! I wondered what happened because you were flying until you pulled off.

Terry

Terry,
I got the car back to Jim Locke's shop I bet it wasn't a half hour and the car was running perfectly. :( Man do i have to drain a lot of fuel out!:)

Thanks for being accessable and good to talk with. I'm looking forward to next year. I might be in Jorsery on the 22nd I hope to see you there.

rthiele
10-10-2011, 05:42 PM
For those of you who asked about results from the Watkins Glen weekend, here is the ITS/R report:

Regional race: qualified second after Doc Aziz. Auto Technic team mate John Harrison was in a respectable 5th position. In the race Doc Aziz and I took off and ran the entire race as a D-train in the 2:13s. I waited for a mistake, but he was very steady and lap traffic didn't change much. In the meantime John Harrison mis-shifted and toasted his motor - bad luck this season, it can only go better in the future! Same was true for Fred Fox who had to deal with a transmission failure.

ProIT: qualifying was right after regional race and lunch. Dan Jones on pole, me, Ben third on his Porsche followed by the Auto Technic E46s and two RX7. Ben unfortunately had a grinding noise somewhere in the drive train and had to pull the race. Big bummer. The attrition should continue later...
Pro IT race start was uneventful as far as I can tell. After the S's something happened I was fighting all weekend with: 5th gear made trouble . I lost a couple of positions and while I could fight back it got worse during the second lap and I decided to pull in, race over. Shortly thereafter there was a safety car phase, I did not have info what happened exactly.
After restart Dan Jones in the lead had to give up due to electrical issues (lap 5 or so). Doc Aziz was next in lap 15 with motor issue. Rob Nimkoff, last ITR car only ran on 3 cylinders, but saw the checkered. In the meantime Rob Driscoll took the lead, followed by intense battling Jeff Henderson and John Hainsworth who crossed the finish 2nd and third.
With that, Rob Driscoll took the ITS Pro IT championship, I was lucky enough to grab ITR. I believe Christian Chandler took ITA.

dj10
10-10-2011, 06:08 PM
Congratulations to Auto Technic and their drivers for their championships in ITR- Rob Thiele, ITS- Rob Driscoll and ITA- Christian Chandler. Nice job all! I've really enjoyed the people and the competition this year. It's nice to see everyone trying to help each other out, it sure does show the good class of people we have involved with the series.

rthiele
10-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Thanks Dan, you are a Gentleman. And you were only playing this year, next year will be more interesting!

JLawton
10-11-2011, 07:20 AM
Hi all,

It was a good race. ITA - Bob Beede and Bruce Perry were flying in the 2.17's. Stephen Frederick and I were in the high 2.18's. I got TONS of passing done after the green and before turn 1, perhaps as many 9 spots, from 18th overall, p4 in ITA to 9th overall and p2 in ITA. I was able to keep up with Bob for a few laps, at which point we started walking away from me, particularly in the straights. I caught up again after FCY and next thing I was 7th overall. Back to green, Bob pulled away again, I started overdriving the car and it was a matter of time before Bruce passed me. Stephen and I were a train for a couple of laps. I pointed him by before the bus stop on lap 10. He started to pass and decided not to. I was caught off guard, turned in late, went wide and ran over the rumble strips at the exit of the boot, spin out and flat spotted out both fronts and eventually pitted after lap 11 of 23. Good - car runs, new personal best of 2.18.9 (down from 2.20.9) and I went apple picking. Bad - I didn't finish, lost my chance for the ProITA champ spot and flat spotted two pretty good take offs. Video forthcoming.

Until next time,
Mickey

PS. Best conversation all weekend. Me to Bruce Perry: "Who's Bob Beede and what is doing in Wheeler's car?" Bruce, "He's a pro grand-am driver". Me, "Wow, really? well, what the hell he is doing here???" Bruce, "Slumming it." "Amen"

Dude, you pulled in because you flat spotted your tires???? It's time to man up!

lateapex911
10-11-2011, 12:52 PM
Hi all,

You do know that the vast majority of 'pro' drivers are merely guys who pay more for their rides, right? LOL.
So, I'd say it was an "budget friendly" weekend for him. Maybe not quite all the way in the slums though, . ;)

mossaidis
10-11-2011, 01:38 PM
ah... yes Jake, I know... :)

gran racing
10-11-2011, 03:03 PM
Well I saw some pretty darn good Pro drivers including paid to drive guys at the last ChumpCar event. Now that surprised me.

dtanthon
10-13-2011, 08:47 AM
Results are posted on NeSCCA.com (link (http://www.nescca.com/nescca_main/crr11resultswg3.pdf)) and the ProITSeries.com websites.

New Track Record (2:14.137) for ITS by Jeff Henderson.
New Track Record (2:22.619) for ITB by Michael Tinis
New Track Record (2:17.328) for ITA by Robert Beede

and

2:12.743 ITR 10/8/2011 by (70) Abdulrab Aziz on Saturday

mossaidis
10-13-2011, 10:58 AM
Results are posted on NeSCCA.com (link (http://www.nescca.com/nescca_main/crr11resultswg3.pdf)) and the ProITSeries.com websites.

New Track Record (2:14.137) for ITS by Jeff Henderson.
New Track Record (2:22.619) for ITB by Michael Tinis
New Track Record (2:17.328) for ITA by Robert Beede

Bob Beede... one day, you'll thank me. In the meantime, I am glad we cleared that one up! Thank you

dj10
10-13-2011, 11:16 AM
Don't forget Abby Aziz in ITR 2.12.7 on Saturday!

mossaidis
10-13-2011, 11:46 AM
Here you go:

http://vimeo.com/30493437

Proof that you CAN fall asleep at the wheel during a race :)