PDA

View Full Version : NARRC Runoffs

raffaelli
08-29-2011, 08:31 PM
I am confused about the registration payment. Cant pay by cash or check at registration? Seems like the only way to pay is by a credit card to be paid later?

StephenB
08-29-2011, 09:36 PM
Not sure but it does say you can print a registration and mail it in... This event in the past has ALWAYS been a pre-pay event and never accepted payment at the track without a late fee.

I have registered with my ITB Audi! Yup you read that correctly... leaving the RX8 at home... last year this was one of the closest ITB fields in the country all year and I am sure this year will be the same, I can't miss this one! I am hoping Mr. Gran runs his Honda which was amazingly fast so I can have a chance to catch him, I also hope all the other regular ITB guys show up to what I am sure will be an amazing race! Maybe we can get some of those super fast MARRS guys to come up and play :)

Last years results... how many can get into the 4's again this year? Anyone dipping into the 3's with Dave? This really is a race that at least 12-13 different people could win if they are consistant and stay out of trouble! Qualifying is KEY!

1 #13 David Gran 1:03.452
2 #5 John Vandenburgh 1:04.380
3 #14 Dave Zaslow 1:04.518
4 #86 Tim Mullen 1:04.350
5 #30 Nat Wentworth 1:04.478
6 #63 Richard Gleason 1:04.411
7 #6 Kenneth Hubbard 1:04.523
8 #34 Robert Albino 1:05.393
9 #03 Eric Pedersen 1:05.719
10 #57 Tim Dugan 1:04.737
11 #50 Stephen Blethen 1:04.234
12 #62 Paul Curran 1:04.241
13 #95 Charles Gerundo 1:04.643
14 #70 Brian Bagnall 1:04.061
15 #67 Matthew Baldoni 1:06.596
16 #64 Donald Yeske 1:08.358
17 #76 Mark Wagner 1:09.379
18 #79 Richard Ford 1:07.304
19 #00 Samantha Silver 1:13.104
20 #87 Jim Carlson 1:07.530

Stephen Blethen

gran racing
08-30-2011, 08:09 AM
Nice Stephen!!! I expect this will be a great event and as in the past, many different people could win. Nat sure has been doing well this year, that's for sure. I also imagine that Rick B. will be entering with his uber fast Civic. I did ask Tristian about coming to this event with his Golf.

raffaelli
08-30-2011, 08:28 AM
....This event in the past has ALWAYS been a pre-pay event and never accepted payment at the track without a late fee....

Ah, OK, didn't know that. Thanks!

Dave Zaslow
08-31-2011, 07:12 AM
I'm in.

Maybe Nat should lend me his car this time.... ;-)

DZ

Greg Amy
08-31-2011, 07:17 AM
This event in the past has ALWAYS been a pre-pay event and never accepted payment at the track without a late fee.
Which is why - if I decide to do this event, and it's on the potential list - I'll pay the extra $50 at the window and they can do a paper manual entry on me at the reg shack. - GA

StephenB
09-01-2011, 12:28 AM
Nice Stephen!!! I expect this will be a great event and as in the past, many different people could win. Nat sure has been doing well this year, that's for sure. I also imagine that Rick B. will be entering with his uber fast Civic. I did ask Tristian about coming to this event with his Golf.

So your in?

Tell Tristian the truth that this is the Toughest ITB race in the Country to win! The depth of the field is awesome at LRP, consistancy and racecraft will prevail! And a little luck ;)

StephenB
09-01-2011, 12:29 AM
I'm in.

Maybe Nat should lend me his car this time.... ;-)

DZ

Nats car has been flying this year! Your just as quick with your car to!

gran racing
09-01-2011, 09:07 AM
A little luck certainly never hurts. :) Yes, as long as I don't wreck it, sell it before, or do something else silly at the Glen I'm looking forward to racing in this. Even more so since you and your brother will be there.

TimM ITB
09-01-2011, 12:30 PM
outstanding!!!

between this race and the July Sprints at WGI.......it's a toss up as to which one I get more pumped up for!

can't wait!

Tim M.

CRallo
09-01-2011, 01:31 PM
The ITB makes for a great race to watch!!!! some of the best racing ANYWHERE, EVER!

So who in ITA is coming out?

Tim Dugan
09-01-2011, 07:59 PM
As long as the GTI last through sept 10 And 11 at NHMS im gonna be at Lime Rock! It should be done for NHMS no corrado this year to many bumps in the road this year butit coming along very well got it started last weekend for the first time! :026: But the really cool thing that is new to the RST prformance team is my new car hauler come see us at the new 5th wheel !!!!!!!!

JLawton
09-02-2011, 07:38 AM
I'm thinking about breaking out the Saturn for some ITA fun........

Kai Noeske
09-02-2011, 09:08 AM
I'm sure you'd have more fun Jeff than racing by yourself. ;)

Ah....Kai's computer ID isn't locked. Hmmm.

Jeff, you suck! I will kick your Mini SSB but with my Civic.

BruceG
09-02-2011, 10:36 AM
The ITB makes for a great race to watch!!!! some of the best racing ANYWHERE, EVER!

So who in ITA is coming out?

Chris...remember to tighten the rear lug nuts....LOL

Rabbit05
09-02-2011, 12:54 PM
I have the same plan as Dave G. I had a successful test day, Tuesday, with the new car at Lime Rock . So my plan is to do the Fun One at the Glen and hopefully if I have enough tire left do the Narrc RunOffs. I had a great time at that race last year,except for the sun in the eyes on "no name straight"... I cant wait..!.:)

Andy Bettencourt
09-02-2011, 02:20 PM
I'm thinking about breaking out the Saturn for some ITA fun........

I may show up just to spectate. Or if enough trash talking happens, I may whip your butt in an SM.

Tkczecheredflag
09-04-2011, 09:16 AM
I may show up just to spectate. Or if enough trash talking happens, I may whip your butt in an SM.

Funny you mention that - I was thinking about an FOM mx-5 for "A" too - no trash talk required - just thought about drinking some kool-aid. Needed tires for the TEG and thought it might be a good idea to do a one day from the back as an alternative to new sneakers.

benspeed
09-06-2011, 12:29 PM
I'm out - some kind of family trip to Washington DC - edumacational experIanSe

JLawton
09-07-2011, 07:30 AM
Funny you mention that - I was thinking about an FOM mx-5 for "A" too - no trash talk required - just thought about drinking some kool-aid. Needed tires for the TEG and thought it might be a good idea to do a one day from the back as an alternative to new sneakers.

Tim, i believe it says in the supps that the season champion MUST drive in the Runoffs in the car he won the championship in.............
Come on, don't make this a soft win for me.................. :D

Hollywood going?

Tkczecheredflag
09-07-2011, 08:15 AM
Tim, i believe it says in the supps that the season champion MUST drive in the Runoffs in the car he won the championship in.............

Hollywood going?

Actually I would like to see if some chasis adjustments are working - LRP should bare that out since I couldn't make the car turn there. I do believe Shane is a YES and is looking to take home the checker. Wouldn't be surprised if Wendell shows too - don't forget Steven in his Meotta too - you all won @LRP. Needless to say they will all give you a good run. I'll be happy if i can get my car out of the "03's". Guess I need to buy a couple of tires Jeff.

Andy Bettencourt
09-07-2011, 09:44 AM
Ti

Wheels officially in motion.

raffaelli
09-07-2011, 10:49 AM

I dont plan on being stuck behind you again.:D

CRallo
09-07-2011, 12:19 PM
Chris...remember to tighten the rear lug nuts....LOL

Don't worry, I'll keep my eye on the crew this time! LOL or better yet, do it myself!

You couldn't do it in an SM! wait, does the trash talk have to be from Jeff? :p

slipping to the dark side?!

I'm out - some kind of family trip to Washington DC - edumacational experIanSe

LAME

Hollywood going?

in fact, I believe it says that if he(or she) doesn't, they'll forfeit the championship... :024:

Kai Noeske
09-07-2011, 12:30 PM
I'm sure you'd have more fun Jeff than racing by yourself. ;)

Ah....Kai's computer ID isn't locked. Hmmm.

Jeff, you suck! I will kick your Mini SSB but with my Civic.

Uhmmm... yeah. Note to self: activate kiddy lock when gran is in the house. Now my browser is full of b00bs.com, up0rn.com, improvedtouring.com and other sites of equally ill repute. :018:

JLawton
09-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Uhmmm... yeah. Note to self: activate kiddy lock when gran is in the house. Now my browser is full of b00bs.com, up0rn.com, improvedtouring.com and other sites of equally ill repute. :018:

Don't try to back stroke now Kai! You have insulted me and I plan on gettig my revenge on the track..........

Andy, you do realize there won't be any cones on the corners, right?

Andy Bettencourt
09-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Andy, you do realize there won't be any cones on the corners, right?

Just focus on not getting lapped. ;)

Having said that, I won't be driving a borrowed car in the rain, so start doing your rain dances now!!!

Kai Noeske
09-07-2011, 04:33 PM
Don't try to back stroke now Kai! You have insulted me and I plan on gettig my revenge on the track..........

:lol: Revenge? In a plastic racecar with no VTAK???

Bring it on, I am sooooooo afraid...!!! :p

Marianne
09-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Acdtually the rules donm't say you must be in teh same car. Read and rejoice!

DRIVERS! All entries will be awarded NARRC points according to the Points Schedule. Check the accuracy of your results for correct class, position, DNF vs. DNS, etc. Unless it's a points keeping error, no changes will be made without official, revised T&S results.

NARRC RUNOFFS - The final round shall be Double Points. If the NARRC Runoffs is your first NARRC race, you will not be counted for points. I.e. that finishing position will be skipped as if you were not there.

NARRC CLASS CHAMPIONSHIPS are decided by total points accumulated in a class per the current scoring rules. For a class champion to be declared, a class must have a minimum of two (2) starters during the season. In order to be eligible for a Championship you must start at least 6 of the 11 events. Finishes must be in the same class. A start is defined as a competitor in the entered car having turned a wheel on the track during any session of the event.

NARRC FEE: A $1 fee will be collected in the 2011 season.
OTHER ITEMS; Tie breakers, points loss from exclusions, disqualifications, protests, etc. may parallel GCR National event rules. The voting NARRC Committee Members will rule on situations not in the GCR.

Andy Bettencourt
09-07-2011, 07:13 PM
I am pretty sure they were kidding - and seeing as how Tim is already locked into the Championship, his points are moot.

I am coming to make sure both he, Shane and Lawton fight it out for anything but the top step. ;)

jimalley
09-07-2011, 08:55 PM
Sounds like ITA is not going to be short on confidence or ego's. Count me in:026:

Andy Bettencourt
09-07-2011, 09:48 PM
Sounds like ITA is not going to be short on confidence or ego's. Count me in:026:

If you can't BE fast, at least I can SOUND fast!!!! :)

lateapex911
09-08-2011, 12:01 AM

yea??? When i was there I tried to go to Baltimoregrandprix.com, and the browser auto filled in Boybandlove.com, so watch who you're pointing fingers at, lover of "music''!

;)

JLawton
09-08-2011, 08:36 AM
:lol: Revenge? In a plastic racecar with no VTAK???

Bring it on, I am sooooooo afraid...!!! :p

Hmmmmmmm. i think I have video of you at LRP.............. getting lapped..........TWICE. And a nice shot of you going wide coming out of BB. he he he he

Acdtually the rules donm't say you must be in teh same car. Read and rejoice!

As Andy said, we were just messin' with Tim

raffaelli
09-08-2011, 09:38 AM
Hmmmmmmm. i think I have video of you at LRP.............. getting lapped..........TWICE. And a nice shot of you going wide coming out of BB. he he he he

Even I lapped him.....:blink:

mossaidis
09-08-2011, 11:35 AM
All this trash talk and I only see 2 registrations for ITA... put your money where your mouths are: register.

lateapex911
09-08-2011, 12:46 PM

As Andy said, we were just messin' with Tim

Even I lapped him.....:blink:
Jeeez, I can not believe I'm about to defend Kai....acck!
Guys, remember, that was probably Kais first or second race ever. And I don't know about you, but I'm SURE I couldn't make a lap in that floppy guppy of a car without putting it in a wall, or pulling in the pits in pure disgust! (And y'all know MY racecar isn't exactly a desirable GT3 RS or anything!)

So give him some credit...he didn't hit anyone either.

;)

JLawton
09-08-2011, 03:54 PM
And I don't know about you, but I'm SURE I couldn't make a lap in that floppy guppy of a car without putting it in a wall, or pulling in the pits in pure disgust!

;)

Considering I have been driving an SSB floppy guppy of a car (great description!!) with a little more horsepower, he won't get any sympathy from me!

And, he'll get no credit from me because............well......... just because!! :p

(either way, he shouldn't be trash talking!! :lol: )

Kai Noeske
09-08-2011, 04:00 PM
Jeeez, I can not believe I'm about to defend Kai....acck!
Guys, remember, that was probably Kais first or second race ever. And I don't know about you, but I'm SURE I couldn't make a lap in that floppy guppy of a car without putting it in a wall, or pulling in the pits in pure disgust! (And y'all know MY racecar isn't exactly a desirable GT3 RS or anything!)

;)

Thanks Jake but no worries, I had done a bunch of races before and was pretty much on pace for SSC that day (intense close battle with Steve Simpson in the Cobalt, him on an experimental setup, me on those "totally fine" [vendor] Hoosier SMs that turned out to be 5 yrs old, both very sideways :D ).

Nah, me unfortunately being passed by SSB and ITA cars is SCCA's fault. :dead_horse: They hate the Si so much that they won't allow me any LSD and JDM header / chip / exhaust / purple anodized coilovers / blue underfloor neons. All items that Honda *meant* this car to have; ask any Honda expert from the outskirts of New Haven, CT.

I paid ITA back at Thunderbolt where teh VTAK left a few Miatae behind to suffer my 24.95 ebay exhaust's roar. :smilie_pokal:

Kai Noeske
09-08-2011, 04:04 PM
(either way, he shouldn't be trash talking!! :lol: )

*cough*

The gentleman withe the little-British-car syndrome started it :lol:

Andy Bettencourt
09-08-2011, 06:39 PM
I paid some SM's with ITA stickers on them back at Thunderbolt where teh VTAK left a few Miatae behind...

Fixed.

;)

Kai Noeske
09-08-2011, 06:52 PM
Fixed.

;)

I had expected a "zOMG The SSC Si needs another 100 lbs!!!" :p

gran racing
09-09-2011, 08:45 AM
No, that thing is a pig already.

benspeed
09-13-2011, 01:45 PM
Man - I just looked at the ITR points. I could steal a second place in the championship if I beat Steve and Ann...might have to cancel that family trip...

This trash talk is making me want to race!

What happened to ITS? Has everybody knuckled under to Autotechnic???

rthiele
09-13-2011, 03:27 PM
Now we're talking Ben :happy204:

dj10
09-13-2011, 06:07 PM
It's a shame that it is almost an 8 hour tow for me. Maybe something magical will happen....I'm not going to hold my breathe.

benspeed
09-15-2011, 12:48 PM
I didn't even get have of the rescheduling suggestion made to the family before there was total mutiny....no way I'm making the NARRC race.

Good chance work might kill the last Pro IT race for me at the Glen also.

Gotta get one last good race in the books for 2011

dj10
09-15-2011, 03:24 PM
I didn't even get have of the rescheduling suggestion made to the family before there was total mutiny....no way I'm making the NARRC race.

Good chance work might kill the last Pro IT race for me at the Glen also.

Gotta get one last good race in the books for 2011

My wife said if I go to the last ProIT race she's LEAVING ME!!!.......God I'll miss that woman.;)

Ben I'd be looking for another job buddy, you can't put up with that S*#^! :)

Fred Fox
09-21-2011, 06:47 PM
I'm in :) ! Finally no work/family conflicts getting in the way!

StephenB
09-21-2011, 11:13 PM
My wife told me to pull out... I had to choose one or the other...

So I am going to the NARRC Runnoffs with the ITB car and skipping the Glen with the ITR car. Sad but at least she is willing to give me a little :)

Stephen

StephenB
09-21-2011, 11:53 PM
FYI...

Posted on motorsports reg.
"Credit cards will not be accepted at the track for this event."

Stephen

JLawton
09-22-2011, 07:09 AM
Ugh, I just saw that SM2 is running in our group with ITA and Showroom Stock......... I'll probably have very similar times but we'll be getting our speed in different areas............. Ugh..........

dj10
09-22-2011, 07:31 AM
SSm, SM now SM2 what the hell is that one???

gran racing
09-22-2011, 08:16 AM
Suck it up Jeffery. What happened to shut up and drive? :p SM2 is a regional only class built to help the SM cars which are uncompetitive (the older Miatas). Cause we needed another Miata class. lol

Kai Noeske
09-22-2011, 09:41 AM
Ugh, I just saw that SM2 is running in our group with ITA and Showroom Stock......... I'll probably have very similar times but we'll be getting our speed in different areas............. Ugh..........

SS passes cockroach the straight - roach passes SS in the corner, messing up SS'es line - SS passed on straight - rinse and repeat... :dead_horse:

Can't wait for that IT suspension and power upgrades. At 9000rpm, noone can hear them scream...!!! :cavallo:

ner88
09-22-2011, 09:47 AM
Thats what you get from a region that only runs one event a year:shrug:
No understanding of run groups!

JLawton
09-22-2011, 10:34 AM
Thats what you get from a region that only runs one event a year:shrug:
No understanding of run groups!

Considering there are only three SS cars signed up, it probably is the lesser of all evils. The ITA cars should get some good separation before they start to lap. But I think some of those SMs will be surprised at how big the MINI can be going through Big Bend! ;)

Kidding, KIDDING!!!

Hmmmmmm. The lack of trash talk is highly disappointing though...........

Andy Bettencourt
09-22-2011, 03:32 PM
my wife told me to pull out... I had to choose one or the other...

lmao

lawtonglenn
09-22-2011, 03:47 PM
lmao

I thought he was talking about not having more kids

Tkczecheredflag
09-22-2011, 06:21 PM
My wife told me to pull out... :)

Stephen
SCCA birth control's finest moment.

CRallo
09-22-2011, 10:52 PM
I was trying so hard to ignore that!!! LOL

And Jeff, Saturn or Mini, I'm kicking your ass!!!!!

lateapex911
09-23-2011, 02:29 AM
I was trying so hard to ignore that!!! LOL

And Jeff, Saturn or Mini, I'm kicking your ass!!!!!
But why!??

Jeeez, Stephen, way to serve it up! What is this, T ball?

ner88
09-23-2011, 01:48 PM
[QUOTE= :p SM2 is a regional only class built to help the SM cars which are uncompetitive (the older Miatas). Cause we needed another Miata class. lol[/QUOTE]
I would gladly support ITB2, ITA2, FV2 or what ever, if it brought in another 10+ entries per event. :D

gran racing
09-23-2011, 02:19 PM
Not so sure it's bringing them in versus just rearranging where they would exist. I'm okay with the notion of SM1- SM18, lol.

StephenB
09-23-2011, 09:25 PM
But why!??

Jeeez, Stephen, way to serve it up! What is this, T ball?

hehe, just having fun :)
She had no idea why I was laughing when she said it...
Then I stopped laughing...

lateapex911
09-24-2011, 12:25 AM
Not so sure it's bringing them in versus just rearranging where they would exist. I'm okay with the notion of SM1- SM18, lol.

That's always the trick, to determine whether the registrations are additional, or the same guys just in another class. Impossible to really know, but our man on the ground probably has a good handle on it, with first hand knowledge, and year to year entry analysis.

Dave Zaslow
09-24-2011, 08:40 AM
At the NARRC Committee meeting last spring Jerry made a good case that many older SM's were parked because they were no loger competitive; kind of like IT7 and ITA. The Committee agreed to try an SM2 class to induce them back to the track.

DZ

gran racing
09-24-2011, 09:07 AM
At the Glen last weekend, a few SM drivers were talking about the new SM2 class wondering if the cars are truly slower (I do believe the 1.6s are) or faster drivers were gravitating to the '99 platform. Maybe since SM2 isn't a national class, it'll get back to the roots of what SM should be.

Andy Bettencourt
09-24-2011, 05:13 PM
At the Glen last weekend, a few SM drivers were talking about the new SM2 class wondering if the cars are truly slower (I do believe the 1.6s are) or faster drivers were gravitating to the '99 platform.

This. P3 at the RUnoffs was a non-99+ with a great lap time.

Maybe since SM2 isn't a national class, it'll get back to the roots of what SM should be.

Until someone wants to spend the money to win it with the talent. SM2 drivers should have just backdated to SSM.

gran racing
09-24-2011, 05:38 PM
Agreed. Normally at the Glen I'm running with the front SSM cars. There were a few which were waaaaay faster this year. $$$$$

StephenB
09-25-2011, 09:08 PM
GREAT Turn out so far with 45 IT cars entered. Looks like in group 4 you will need to qualify to race! ITB, ITS, and ITR at 42 now. limit is 38 BUT with a waiver they can run 42...

ITB 14 entries
02 Clickman, Leonard 1995 Volkswagen Slingerlands, NY
2 Wentworth, Nat 1971 Volvo 142 Eriksson Industries Westbrook, CT
03 Pedersen, Eric 1984 BMW 318i East Hampton, CT
5 VanDenburgh, John 1985 Audi Coupe GT Scotia, NY
14 Zaslow, Dave 1995 Volkswagen Golf 3 Rapid Parts New York, NY
50 Blethen, Stephen 1984 Audi Coupe Suncook, NH
61 Benazic, Enrik 1987 Honda Civic si All Star Sheetmetal Brooklyn, NY
65 Langelius, Erik 1987 Honda Civic Bridgeport, CT
66 Langelius, Robert 1986 Honda Civic Langelius Models Inc White Plains, NY
69 Reece, Michael 1991 Volkswagen GTI Brooklyn, NY
76 Wagner, Mark 1986 Volkswagen golf lbg racing Bethel, CT
79 Ford, R.J. Mercury Capri Litchfield Filling Station Torrington, CT
86 Mullen, Tim 1995 Volkswagen Golf Diamond Technical Services Worcester, MA
95 Gerundo, Charles 1986 Volkswagen GTI Vote For Pedro Holmes, NY

ITS 11 entries
4 Lawton, Glenn 1987 Mazda RX-7 Granite State Manufacturing Weare, NH
6 Rolfe, Nate 1972 Datsun 240Z Citizens Machine Philadelphia, PA
23 Henderson, Jeff 2000 BMW 323i Auto technic Brookfield , CT
25 Driscoll, Rob 1999 BMW 323i www.autotechnic.net Brookfield, CT
29 Bennett, Richard 1999 Mazda Miata Premier Motor Sports Canton CT 55 Dedrick, Jay Mazda RX 7 Automotive Technology / Dedrick Insurance Wassaic, NY
59 Albani, Attilio 1999 Mazda Miata Flatout Motorsports Simsbury, CT
63 McHaffie, Craig 1999 Mazda Miata Flatout Motorsports Walpole, MA
69 Tsiounis, Yiannis 1999 Mazda Miata QuickSilver Leasing New York, NY
70 Bagnall, Brian 1987 Mazda RX-7 Brian Bagnall Construction Co Longmeadow, MA
77 Gregory, Mark 1989 Mazda RosmarRX7 Rosmar Racing North Haven, CT

ITA 10 entries
# Name Year Make Sponsor Hometown
0 Blizzard, Brian 1987 Volkswagen golf gti Altamont, NY
00 Lee Chee, Ray 1991 Acura Integra F. Boombalatti Oxford, CT
1 Ghatak, Abhijeet 1995 Mazda Miata (ITA) Kessler Engineering Amherst, NH
09 Sklarz, David 1991 Mazda Miata D/M Racing and Procru newport, RI
11 Klvana, L Timothy 1995 Acura Integra Czechered Flag Motorsports Ridgefield, CT
43 Alley, James 1997 Mazda Miata Londonderry, NH
53 Schlemmer, Lou 1991 Honda CRX Harley Davidson of Danbury Danbury, CT
64 Holmes, Windell 1993 Acura integra Arch Auto Parts/Full Line Auto Jamaica, NY
83 VanBuren, Denise 1991 Ford Escort GT Kingston, NY
94 Deyo, Dan Ford Escort GT West Hurley, NY

ITR 7 entries
05 Ulfelder, Steve Honda S2000 Flatout Motorsports Southborough, MA
11 Stewart, John 1993 BMW 325is AUtoTechnic LLC New York, NY
21 Thiele, Robert 1996 BMW 328is bmwmotorsportcollection.com Hingham, MA
26 Hubbard, Ken 1992 BMW 325 New Milford, CT
28 Harrison, John 1995 BMW 325i Marblehead, MA
36 Breault, Robert 1996 BMW 325is cromwell dental Higganum, CT
56 Fox, Fred 1993 BMW 325iS Original BMW Parts and Accessories Campbell Hall, NY

IT7 2 entries
47 Latulippe, Norman 1982 Mazda RX 7 Latulippe Brothers, Inc Manchester, CT
79 Iannaccone, Lou 1983 Mazda RX 7 New Milford, CT

ITC 1 entries
10 Funk, Edward 1986 Honda CRX TRC Motorsports/Brookside Animal Hospital/Greenfield Imported Greenfield, MA

StephenB
09-25-2011, 09:11 PM
AND the best part... weather in the mid 50's for Saturday, should be Fast! Who else is going to save the A compound for Saturday... AKA Super soft in F1 terms :)

I think they will last the 40minutes...

Stephen

Greg Amy
09-25-2011, 09:18 PM
Guys in 3500-pound SSB Mustangs have been running the A compound all year...looked great after the Runoffs this week...

StephenB
09-25-2011, 09:26 PM
Good info Greg! I ran them last year and didn't have any issues... other than a few people laughing when I started :) At the end they looked great BUT the alternator broke and I wasn't running at race speed after a few laps, actually got lapped.

PS: A Great picture of a few of the regulars here...

lawtonglenn
09-25-2011, 11:04 PM
...group 4 you will need to qualify to race! ITB, ITS, and ITR at 42 now. limit is 38 BUT with a waiver they can run 42...

ITB 14 entries
ITS 11 entries
ITR 7 entries

ITA 10 entries
IT7 2 entries
ITC 1 entries

I know Bob Blake will be coming as well, increasing ITS to at least 12 cars

However, I think you inadvertently added the 10 from ITA Stephen, right now
the total is only 32 not 42

Still, that's a great race group!

Greg Amy
09-26-2011, 09:58 PM
Looking for a pair of crew passes for me and Jake Gulick. We both promise to be completely useless to you as crew, and drink your beer if you have any.

GA

lateapex911
09-27-2011, 04:16 AM
Guys in 3500-pound SSB Mustangs have been running the A compound all year...looked great after the Runoffs this week...

yea, but keep in mind they are on pretty wide tires and wheels.

dj10
09-27-2011, 07:55 AM
Love it GA!!! Nothing like honesty....ROTFLMAO!!!

Is there always a practice day before this race?

gran racing
09-27-2011, 08:31 AM
Nothing like planning ahead Dan. :p Today!

dj10
09-27-2011, 08:43 AM
Nothing like planning ahead Dan. :p Today!

Your right, I'm planning for next year. B)

So your telling me the practice day it on a Tuesday and the qualifying isn't until Fri.!!!???

gran racing
09-27-2011, 10:25 AM
LRP sponsored test & tune on Tues - yup.

For reference, the Glen test & tune was also sponsored by the track. I agee it would be much better if it were on Thurs. Probably has to do with sound and town regs.

Greg Amy
09-27-2011, 10:51 AM
So your telling me the practice day it on a Tuesday and the qualifying isn't until Fri.!!!???
Welcome to Lime Rock Park. Due to local regulations, all LRP-sanctioned test days have always been Tuesdays, even for Pro weekends. There's only so many "unmuffled" days to go around...

So, Dan, am I on your beer...er, uh, "crew" list...? ;)

Andy Bettencourt
09-27-2011, 11:08 AM
All LRP test days are on scheduled Tuesdays from 1-5.

dj10
09-27-2011, 11:15 AM
Welcome to Lime Rock Park. Due to local regulations, all LRP-sanctioned test days have always been Tuesdays, even for Pro weekends. There's only so many "unmuffled" days to go around...

So, Dan, am I on your beer...er, uh, "crew" list...? ;)

Wow, that's crazy! I'd have to take a whole damn week off work to do the practice and to race. Since I've never been to LRP it would be crazy for me not to do a practice.

GA you're always on my list, beer, crew, short or shit or all the above list take your pick. :D I guess I'll have to start carring beer & Wild Turkey now...hehe

JLawton
09-27-2011, 12:06 PM
Since I've never been to LRP it would be crazy for me not to do a practice.

"Pull up your skirt and drive Alice"

He he he he

Yeah, LRP is not a track you want to learn during qualifying. For such a simple track it takes a lot of seat time to learn how to drive it fast.

lateapex911
09-27-2011, 02:06 PM
Dan, I just run the test, roll the car in the trailer, and leave it there. Then return Thrus night.

dj10
09-27-2011, 02:42 PM
Dan, I just run the test, roll the car in the trailer, and leave it there. Then return Thrus night.

I was offered a place to stay 20 minutes from the track, I wonder if they'd mind me for a week. hehe I also have a friend who has a condo in I think it's New Haven which can't be too far away since it's only Conn. :) I'd have to check the cost of flying I doubt if driving back and forth is an option. Nothing like planning ahead...

Jeff L, very funny! :) I just may suprise you how fast I can pick up a momentum track. I've raced on one for 20+ years, Nelson Ledges. Beaver Run is 1.56 miles and LRP is 1.53 if I remember correctly. But Beaver is nothing like LRP. Then to get someone who is pretty fast up there to teach me the technical aspects of the track.

JLawton
09-27-2011, 04:11 PM
Jeff L, very funny! :) I just may suprise you how fast I can pick up a momentum track. I've raced on one for 20+ years, Nelson Ledges. Beaver Run is 1.56 miles and LRP is 1.53 if I remember correctly. But Beaver is nothing like LRP. Then to get someone who is pretty fast up there to teach me the technical aspects of the track.

I'll bet you a case of your favorite beer that you won't be faster than the Saturn's best time! :D <throwing down gauntlet>

Hmmmmm, or even within a second of Andy's Miata's best time!!

dj10
09-27-2011, 04:25 PM
I'll bet you a case of your favorite beer that you won't be faster than the Saturn's best time! :D <throwing down gauntlet>

Hmmmmm, or even within a second of Andy's Miata's best time!!

Your on! See you in 2012! I take a 1/5th of 101 Wild Turkey or 104 Rare Breed instead of a case of beer. :023:

Tkczecheredflag
09-28-2011, 11:48 AM
I am also looking for any 2 extra crew spots. Any help would be appreciated.

mossaidis
09-28-2011, 01:14 PM
me too... I would like to "crew" for someone on Saturday while I wait for my body shop to finish my Civic.

dazzlesa
09-28-2011, 02:12 PM
good luck to all!

Andy Bettencourt
09-28-2011, 03:16 PM
Good luck to all running this weekend! Be safe and I hope you have a dry race!!!

StephenB
09-28-2011, 04:40 PM
Just a quick update on the entry list! IT keeps Growing! LRP always has a good turnout for ITB cars!

Looks like over 200 entries for this event!

IT7 3 entries
31 McStay, Grant 1979 Mazda RX 7 AFAB New Britain, CT
47 Latulippe, Norman 1982 Mazda RX 7 Latulippe Brothers, Inc Manchester, CT
79 Iannaccone, Lou 1983 Mazda RX 7 New Milford, CT

ITA 13 entries
0 Blizzard, Brian 1987 Volkswagen golf gti Altamont, NY
1 Ghatak, Abhijeet 1995 Mazda Miata (ITA) Kessler Engineering Amherst, NH
09 Sklarz, David 1991 Mazda Miata D/M Racing and Procru newport, RI
11 Klvana, L Timothy 1995 Acura Integra Czechered Flag Motorsports Ridgefield, CT
24 Raffaelli, Chris 1991 Honda CRX Si SBMS : virtualdraftingsolutions.com Lagrangeville, NY
43 Alley, James 1997 Mazda Miata Londonderry, NH
53 Schlemmer, Lou 1991 Honda CRX Harley Davidson of Danbury Danbury, CT
64 Holmes, Windell 1993 Acura integra Arch Auto Parts/Full Line Auto Jamaica, NY
65 Masters, Paul D Honda CRXsi Westborough, MA
68 Miles, Kevin 1993 Mazda miata H&C Plumbing,A&M Enterprises Westfield, MA
69 Hawthorne, Shane Honda CRX Si LimeStone Service Station Danbury, CT
83 VanBuren, Denise 1991 Ford Escort GT Kingston, NY
94 Deyo, Dan Ford Escort GT West Hurley, NY

ITB 19 entries
0 Albino, Robert 1984 BMW 318i Eagle Auto Body of Orange County Middletown, NY
02 Clickman, Leonard 1995 Volkswagen Slingerlands, NY
2 Wentworth, Nat 1971 Volvo 142 Eriksson Industries Westbrook, CT
3 Gleason, Richard Volkswagen Rabbit Northern Fabrication Collinsville, CT
03 Pedersen, Eric 1984 BMW 318i East Hampton, CT
5 VanDenburgh, John 1985 Audi Coupe GT Scotia, NY
9 Hunter, Richard 1987 Honda CRX Schoolboy Racing & Delivery Belchertown, MA
14 Zaslow, Dave 1995 Volkswagen Golf 3 Rapid Parts New York, NY
50 Blethen, Stephen Suncook, NH
57 Dugan, Tim 1985 VW GTI RST Performance Racing Loudon, NH
61 Benazic, Enrik 1987 Honda Civic si All Star Sheetmetal Brooklyn, NY
65 Langelius, Erik 1987 Honda Civic Bridgeport, CT
66 Langelius, Robert 1986 Honda Civic Langelius Models Inc White Plains, NY
69 Reece, Michael 1991 Volkswagen GTI Brooklyn, NY
76 Wagner, Mark 1986 Volkswagen golf lbg racing Bethel, CT
79 Ford, R.J. Mercury Capri Litchfield Filling Station Torrington, CT
85 Subtelny, Greg Volvo 142 Ithaca Foreign Car Service Trumansburg, NY
86 Mullen, Tim 1995 Volkswagen Golf Diamond Technical Services Worcester, MA
95 Gerundo, Charles 1986 Volkswagen GTI Vote For Pedro Holmes, NY

ITC 1 entries
18 Funk, Edward 1986 Honda CRX TRC Motorsports/Brookside Animal Hospital/Greenfield Imported Greenfield, MA

ITR 6 entries
05 Ulfelder, Steve Honda S2000 Flatout Motorsports Southborough, MA
11 Stewart, John 1993 BMW 325is AUtoTechnic LLC New York, NY
21 Thiele, Robert 1996 BMW 328is bmwmotorsportcollection.com Hingham, MA
28 Harrison, John 1995 BMW 325i Marblehead, MA
36 Breault, Robert 1996 BMW 325is cromwell dental Higganum, CT
56 Fox, Fred 1993 BMW 325iS Original BMW Parts and Accessories Campbell Hall, NY

ITS 15 entries
4 Lawton, Glenn 1987 Mazda RX-7 Granite State Manufacturing Weare, NH
6 Rolfe, Nate 1972 Datsun 240Z Citizens Machine Philadelphia, PA
08 Manna, Drew 1986 Mazda RX-7 Ridgefield, CT
23 Henderson, Jeff 2000 BMW 323i Auto technic Brookfield , CT
25 Driscoll, Rob 1999 BMW 323i www.autotechnic.net Brookfield, CT
29 Bennett, Richard 1999 Mazda Miata Premier Motor Sports Canton CT New Hartford, CT
55 Dedrick, Jay Mazda RX 7 Automotive Technology / Dedrick Insurance Wassaic, NY
63 McHaffie, Craig 1999 Mazda Miata Flatout Motorsports Walpole, MA
64 Yeske, Donald A. Porsche 944 Frenchtown, NJ
68 Tsiounis, Yiannis 1999 Mazda Miata QuickSilver Leasing New York, NY
70 Bagnall, Brian 1987 Mazda RX-7 Brian Bagnall Construction Co Longmeadow, MA
77 Gregory, Mark 1989 Mazda RosmarRX7 Rosmar Racing North Haven, CT
82 Blake, Robert 1990 Mazda RX-7 Granite State Manufacturing Weare, NH
84 Stein, Darrel Mazda RX-7 Speed 1 Allentown, PA
89 Piekarski, Brenton Mazda Miata Flat Out Motorsport/Collision Centers of New Hampshire Nashua, NH

reeceracing
09-28-2011, 05:09 PM
Hey greg and jake how about you guys crew for wendell v8 holmes . You guys will make
a great Team . Hahahhaha .

lateapex911
09-28-2011, 07:21 PM
hahaha. Greg knows that car inside out so he would be "useful". ;)

Me? I have to get warmed up to his accent before I have a clue what he's saying, LOL. I'd be useLESS!

reeceracing
09-29-2011, 04:57 PM
Hey jake i can get you a Translator for $50 for the day. hahahahaha.

Dave Zaslow
09-30-2011, 08:15 AM
My crew list is (as usual) empty. Whomever gets there first can use the spots I have. I'll list Klavana x2, Amy, Gulick and Mossiadis.

See ya later.

DZ

Greg Amy
09-30-2011, 08:43 AM
Dave, Jake and I are covered by Rick Benazic; pass those along to someone else. - GA

Rabbit05
09-30-2011, 09:32 AM
I'm out of this one...family stuff I have to take care of..

Good Luck to All and Safe Racing ! :023:

lateapex911
09-30-2011, 10:56 AM
Just got a call from a pal, Bud Jan Sell, who is a Prod guy, and has bailed, says it's a 90% chance of rain.
now, I'm not a lover of standing in the rain all day, BUT, I DO love the shake up it brings! Qualify dry, race rain = win for spectators.

gran racing
09-30-2011, 11:37 AM
Errr, equals wet spectators? SOOOO wish I was racing now!!! Damn it. Even got Dirt Stockers to pay Rick back. lol

Andy Bettencourt
09-30-2011, 12:36 PM
Qual 1 limited results:

ITR Pole: Ulfelder 1.01.0
ITS Pole: Dedrick 1:01.7
ITB Pole: Langelius 1:03.9

Second Qual this afternoon.

lateapex911
09-30-2011, 12:52 PM
Qual 1 limited results:

ITR Pole: Ulfelder 1.01.0
ITS Pole: Dedrick 1:01.7
ITB Pole: Langelius 1:03.9

Second Qual this afternoon.

You there AB? Or is this via SU?? Nice ITR run for him.

Andy Bettencourt
09-30-2011, 12:57 PM
You there AB? Or is this via SU?? Nice ITR run for him.

Not there. The sub-1:01 machine is still in the hanger from VIR. This winter it'll get fixed. Maybe sell it. BECAUSE ITR.

gran racing
09-30-2011, 02:08 PM
Fast ITB time!

Dano77
09-30-2011, 02:13 PM
Jake,translating is easy. Every sentence starts with Dude and ends with Maan. at least thats whats been happening since I started hanging with Ray Lee Chee back in like 94.

She claims if I hang out with him too long I start talking like him and it just goes downhill from there.

Besides Reece offered to translate,your all set.

Ray Lee and I will be with you all in spirit,as we will be at a hillclimb party in NH,swapping lies about the difference between Hillclimbs and Road Racing.

Later
Dan 77 IT7 or ITA or EP or STL ......cant decide what yet

Andy Bettencourt
09-30-2011, 02:16 PM
Fast ITB time!

Nat right behind this AM with a 1:04.0 then Gerundo 1:04.5

Greg Amy
09-30-2011, 02:23 PM
S88t, I remember how tickled I was to break into the 3s with the ITA car...

gran racing
09-30-2011, 02:25 PM
It should be a sub lap record day or very close to it. Going tomorrow to watch is going to be painful. Really wanted to give the new A tires I have a go.

Greg Amy
09-30-2011, 03:38 PM
Just posted on Facebook by Jeff Lawton:

Well, crashed the [Mini] HARD in qualifying this morning.............. It's fixable.........with lots and lots and lots of money............. A Miata went wide coming out of West Bend, came around, didn't lock up his brakes and rolled back out on the track.....right in front of me. Managed to miss him but put it into the guard rail under the bridge. I'm going to be REALLY sore tomorrow........

Andy Bettencourt
09-30-2011, 03:39 PM
Ugh. I hope Jeff had his video running. If it happened like he said it did (see Richie Hunters refusal to beleiev he was rolling at LRP a few years back, LOL) it can be used as a learning tool at schools.

On edit: He has no video.

gran racing
09-30-2011, 04:07 PM
Argh Jeffy! Always run video.

That sucks big time. :( Guess my day at work isn't so horrible after all.

FastM3
09-30-2011, 04:39 PM
Jeff

Hope you are OK. We never did like that Mini anyway.

Phil Kogan

Andy Bettencourt
09-30-2011, 05:17 PM
Final qual:

ITR:
1:00.552 Theile 328is
1:01.034 Ulfelder S2000
1:01.595 Breault 325is

ITS:
1:01.738 Dedrick RX-7
1:01.791 Stein RX-7
1:01.888 Henderson 323

ITA:
1:02.388 Hawthorne CRX
1:02.607 Klvana Integra
1:02.965 Karl Jr. Miata

ITB:
1:03.942 Reece GTI
1:03.965 Langelius Civic
1:04.012 Wentworth Volvo 142

lateapex911
09-30-2011, 06:01 PM
Dayum! I couldn't have cracked the top 3 in ITA. Thanks for the IT7 times there AB>

Jeff, sorry dude, but at least you have a back up car!

Timmah! Nice time! Looks like you found the loose nut on the Teg'

Kai Noeske
09-30-2011, 06:21 PM
Ugh. I hope Jeff had his video running. If it happened like he said it did (see Richie Hunters refusal to beleiev he was rolling at LRP a few years back, LOL) it can be used as a learning tool at schools.

Sucks badly, hope you feel better soon Jeff. :(

I have video online of an incident that was identical, if anyone needs school material. Same situation, except I had more space to avoid the wall after a wild ride through wet grass. SP T4. http://vimeo.com/22624789 from 9:30 on.

Several memories of spun cars rolling backwards. None of them good ones. :blink:

JLawton
09-30-2011, 08:18 PM

Just to be clear, it wasn't me who rolled back onto the track. I was trying to avoid a car that was doing that.

I had the camera installed and when I went to turn it on in grid, the freshly charged batteries were dead...

Andy, any time on Bob D in the second session?

Kai Noeske
09-30-2011, 08:47 PM
Just to be clear, it wasn't me who rolled back onto the track. I was trying to avoid a car that was doing that.

I think everyone understood that and is glad you are fine since that is such a nasty can't-do-anything situation. Hope the Miata guy came to apologize and thank you that you took the hit and didn't t-bone him.

Tkczecheredflag
09-30-2011, 09:48 PM
IT7
1:05:362 Iannaccone
1:06:206 Lattulippe
Grant did not post a time for the second session

SSB
1:03:049 Deemers

Chin up Jeff L - been there done that.

Marcus Miller
10-01-2011, 05:43 PM
Any updates from today?

Greg Amy
10-01-2011, 06:36 PM
Steve Ulfelder won ITR
Rob Driscoll won ITS
Shane Hawthorne won ITA
Rick Benazic won ITB
Ed Funk won ITC

There was a bit of excitement in the ITS/R/B race as Stewart in the BMW lost it coming out of the Left Hander and was hammered by a Honda Civic. Stewart was stopped mid-track for at least a lap and a half before they called the full course, but not before a corner worker, for whatever reason, walked onto the hot track unprotected and stood next to Stewart's car, with a yellow at T2 (mixed reports on if it was standing or waving). Worker was still on the track when the leaders - lead by Rob Breault - came flying through on the next lap, fortunately with no incident. Soon after that they went full-course yellow.

Then, as they were trying to get the BMW on a flat bed, the tow truck parked across the track, completely blocking it, with the leaders behind the pace car coming through T1/2. Control finally called a Red Flag and the pace car stopped in the Left Hander. They collected Stewart's car, cleared the track, and the field restarted under full-course yellow, then later got the green. Race finished about 12 laps short with Driscoll taking the overall. Stewart's car looked a bit used up...

GA

Drew M
10-01-2011, 06:40 PM
that was a crazy one. just happy to have made it through in one piece.

can't wait to see the in-car's...

lateapex911
10-01-2011, 07:49 PM
It's a shame about the incident out of the left hander. I watched and cringed when i saw the BMW roll back into traffic with no braking. The Honda had gone for the left of the track as the BMW had blocked the right, but, he was unable to miss a moving target.

Much damage to both cars, unfortunately.

As for the race, well, from the spectators viewpoint, it wasn't boring. Doc Bro made a great move around the outside in turn 1 at the start, and had a nice lead by lap 2. But, after the restarts he ended up 5th. Most of the front runners were up or down. It was almost like musical chairs, see who's in front when the music stops.
Volvo driver Wentworth had a great race, right up until the last lap, when Rick Benazick got by. And a Blethen as well, with 1/3 of a lap to go. Good stuff from the stands.

Fred Fox
10-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Video from the start of the ITR/S/B race is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StVz7gogFAA

White RX7 shoots through the grass, hits red RX7, who hits me and I go for a spin. Not fun.

lawtonglenn
10-01-2011, 09:40 PM

I feel like a schlump... I was closing fast on Jeff Henderson after the green
and put my nose right up his butt, expecting to ride around big bend with him...

then he braked harder than I expected, and I dove right to avoid collecting him,
and found myself in the wet grass with no way to get back, no way to slow down,
...a passenger... and came across, pushing Darryl Stein around, and got tagged
by Mark Gregory.

I put myself in a position where my subsequent sudden avoidance maneuver caused
me to lose control of my car, which resulted in a very messy start for everyone, and
sheet metal damage for me and a few others.

Immediately afterward, I did seek out both Darryl and Mark, to express my regret at
the outcome of the incident, and apologize for putting myself in a position that
resulted in my losing control of my car.... a bonehead maneuver.

I apologize now to everyone else whose race I impacted, including you Fred, I am sorry.

I also thank everyone else for keeping control of their cars so as not to collect me
as I was facing the oncoming traffic.

:(

I did proceed and got several more laps in, but during the double yellow for the
Stewart incident got a "low coolant pressure" warning so I came in, thinking I might
have punctured the radiator or lost a hose... but there was no fault, the engine
had just cooled down enough to trip the pressure light.

so I have just some body damage on both sides, and a bruised ego

:(

sorry

Tkczecheredflag
10-02-2011, 10:30 AM
So I tried a lot of things to give Mr Lime Rock, Shane Hawthorne, good race. I hate when we race during my regular nap time. Enjoy the video. http://www.vimeo.com/29911007

Fred Fox
10-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Hey Glenn,
Thanks for the explanation and the kind words. I limped around to get enough laps to get credit for the race. Just bummed because it was my first chance to race this year. At least my day didn't end a bad as John Stewart's. His car looked bad in the left hander incident.

lawtonglenn
10-02-2011, 05:24 PM
again, I am really sorry I messed up your race Fred, Ive been
feeling like a real tool all day

dj10
10-02-2011, 07:41 PM
again, I am really sorry I messed up your race Fred, Ive been
feeling like a real tool all day

Glenn, you know you screwed up, admitted it and apologized, I wished there were more racers like you...KUDOS!! :023:

wepsbee
10-02-2011, 09:58 PM

I had the camera installed and when I went to turn it on in grid, the freshly charged batteries were dead...

Andy, any time on Bob D in the second session?

Jeff,
I was rolling through West Bend just as it happened, Miata to the left and you on
the right about 3 ft in the air. Looked like you ran over something big.
Hope you are OK. Looked like a real hard hit from my perspective. I will check my video to see if anything visable.

gran racing
10-03-2011, 08:16 AM
Jeff, Marc in the Miata has video (Gulick and I saw it). He'll be contacting you shortly. He is pretty sure he had both feet in but who knows after wacking the wall like he did. Total bummer for you. Always rough when you get caught up in someone else's mistakes.

JLawton
10-03-2011, 12:55 PM
Jeff,
I was rolling through West Bend just as it happened, Miata to the left and you on
the right about 3 ft in the air. Looked like you ran over something big.
Hope you are OK. Looked like a real hard hit from my perspective. I will check my video to see if anything visable.

I didn't run over anything. I'm thinking that I got some air after bouncing off the guard rail the first time. I'd love to see some video.

Jeff, Marc in the Miata has video (Gulick and I saw it). He'll be contacting you shortly. He is pretty sure he had both feet in but who knows after wacking the wall like he did. Total bummer for you. Always rough when you get caught up in someone else's mistakes.

He did contact me and did apologize which I truely appreciated. It was actually the CRX driver that was ahead of me that pointed out he was rolling backwards onto the track. (I have to admit I was a little foggy after and don't have a real clear memory of the incident). The CRX was able to squeeze through. As Andy reminded me, rember Richie getting T-boned in the same area?? He was blaming the other guy and swore up and down that he had locked them up........... then we saw the video and Richie had to eat some crow. I'm just glad I missed him.

And you want to know the cruel irony? I got an e-mail from a guy that night who wanted to buy the car.................

Jeremy Billiel
10-03-2011, 01:52 PM
I didn't run over anything. I'm thinking that I got some air after bouncing off the guard rail the first time. I'd love to see some video.

He did contact me and did apologize which I truely appreciated. It was actually the CRX driver that was ahead of me that pointed out he was rolling backwards onto the track. (I have to admit I was a little foggy after and don't have a real clear memory of the incident). The CRX was able to squeeze through. As Andy reminded me, rember Richie getting T-boned in the same area?? He was blaming the other guy and swore up and down that he had locked them up........... then we saw the video and Richie had to eat some crow. I'm just glad I missed him.

And you want to know the cruel irony? I got an e-mail from a guy that night who wanted to buy the car.................

Pictures of the damage or ban

gran racing
10-03-2011, 02:50 PM
I got an e-mail from a guy that night who wanted to buy the car.................

All the better. It's the Showroom Stock hot set-up but tell him not to share you secrets.

vwzx7
10-03-2011, 08:14 PM
http://www.scda1.com/blogs/bd/2011/06/28/Mini-Cooper-S-Race-Car/

For Jeff L........

maybe this can replace yours? Car is currently at a "make offer" status....

Car is local...(and not mine)

JLawton
10-03-2011, 09:04 PM
http://www.scda1.com/blogs/bd/2011/06/28/Mini-Cooper-S-Race-Car/

For Jeff L........

maybe this can replace yours? Car is currently at a "make offer" status....

Car is local...(and not mine)

LOL That is a bad ass MINI!

Drew M
10-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Does anyone else have in-car videos? Groups 3 and 4 were WILD. I think everyone saw something crazy out their windshield this weekend.

ulfelder
10-06-2011, 04:33 PM
Does anyone else have in-car videos? Groups 3 and 4 were WILD. I think everyone saw something crazy out their windshield this weekend.

My data and video failed to work that session. I'm bummed, as I wanted to present evidence that I can follow a BMW (Rob Driscoll, in this case) without ramming it. :D

StephenB
10-07-2011, 01:29 AM

I wasn't going to post this since the video quality is HORRIBLE! I have no clue what I did, but I will try to redue it at some point. If I watch the file it is great (Original file is HD), but after editing it I screwed it all up. waist of 2 hrs... :(

Anyway here it is from midpack of the ITB group!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GPzARiadD0

Stephen
Runnerup in the 2011 NARRC ITB Runoffs.

Tkczecheredflag
10-08-2011, 08:09 AM
I wasn't going to post this since the video quality is HORRIBLE! I have no clue what I did, but I will try to redue it at some point. If I watch the file it is great (Original file is HD), but after editing it I screwed it all up. waist of 2 hrs... :(

Anyway here it is from midpack of the ITB group!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GPzARiadD0

Stephen
Runnerup in the 2011 NARRC ITB Runoffs.

Nice Vid Stephen - Group 4 was a great race to watch. The "B" race was exciting to watch from the sidelines and even better from the video.

NATW
10-08-2011, 03:22 PM
Stephen,
Thanks for the post, both of my video systems failed me (or I failed them) the old VHS wouldn't work due to moisture and the data acquistion system used up all its memory watching me download info from the day before. I did not see the one lap to go but I don't think it would have mattered. Rick was all over me and the two Miatas were having a side by side battle that slowed them enough to let Rick get beside me.
Nice to see what actually happened.

Nat Wentworth
ITB Volvo

lateapex911
10-08-2011, 06:51 PM
Wow. Thats a great example of how faster class cars can really screw up a race for the slower class frontrunners....

And Stephen, it seemed like you were laying off it a bit after the BMW was stopped in the entrance to No Name. Am I right?
Oh, and cool video camera positions. Much better than the bumper cam.

robits325is
10-08-2011, 09:16 PM
My data and video failed to work that session. I'm bummed, as I wanted to present evidence that I can follow a BMW (Rob Driscoll, in this case) without ramming it. :D

Thanks Steve!

raffaelli
10-08-2011, 10:41 PM
My view of group 3. We pulled the car off pre grid to change tires. We didnt get back in time and started from the back.
http://youtu.be/clsiKSO8Kuw

Edit: Cant seem to get the imbed to work. http://youtu.be/clsiKSO8Kuw

StephenB
10-09-2011, 06:58 AM
Wow. Thats a great example of how faster class cars can really screw up a race for the slower class frontrunners ....

Yup.. it has always been a part of "B" I think those miatas may have been racing for first as well...

And Stephen, it seemed like you were laying off it a bit after the BMW was stopped in the entrance to No Name. Am I right?

Well sorta.. I knew a full course yellow was coming based on the debris alone even if that car did get moving. I was trying to stay close enough in case it didn't go full course yellow. But I was watching every station closely. I woould have probably made a move into 1 if the yellow hadn't come out.

Oh, and cool video camera positions. Much better than the bumper cam.
Agreed. More interesting to see what the driver is doing...