PDA

View Full Version : Updates from New England and Upper New York State?

tdw6974
08-29-2011, 07:40 PM
How are any of the IT Forum members doing in New England and Eastern New York? We dodged Irene here in Northeast PA . Bill is in Maryland lots of wind damage to Trees and Major Power Loss due to downed power lines. But high enough to avoid flooding problems. Took down a generator, Ice, and chain saw today. News casts are devasting.:( Please be safe. T Weaver

StephF
08-29-2011, 07:51 PM
Western MA here, just south of Brattleboro, VT. Not much wind, in fact never lost power. But hellacious flooding on the Green River (which is our back boundary, btw) and Deerfield River. Houses and bridges washed away, 91 still closed southbound, DOT worried the Deerfield River damaged the pilings. All the racing folks that I know of around here are OK though.
Had some anxious moments Sunday as the Hinsdale Brook (our south boundary) and the Green River (our east boundary) rose. Our driveway is all of 15 feet from the water blasting down the brook. Freaky thing, you could hear boom boom boom, rocks rolling through the culvert under the road! :blink:
Screw this, give me some drought conditions.....

joeg
08-30-2011, 07:04 AM
Sunny and Seventy here in WNY!

Remember...snow melts.

gizmo83
08-30-2011, 08:09 AM
Hudson Valley is OK! We all have no power and some of us they say will not have it until Friday or so... Flooding is all around us but not affecting our homes! Trouble getting to and from work but that's the worst of it! We'll take it!:)

rthiele
08-30-2011, 08:58 AM
Hingham, MA (South of Boston): had some uninsured damage on my balcony: lost three cherry tomatoes, two of them were still green and could not be saved :-(

Good luck to everyone who did not dodge the storm like we did.

BruceG
08-30-2011, 09:45 AM
How are any of the IT Forum members doing in New England and Eastern New York? We dodged Irene here in Northeast PA . Bill is in Maryland lots of wind damage to Trees and Major Power Loss due to downed power lines. But high enough to avoid flooding problems. Took down a generator, Ice, and chain saw today. News casts are devasting.:( Please be safe. T Weaver

Here in Southern Vermont we have a total disaster!!MAjor roads just gone..washed away,no power(other than generator and mostly no one with a phone!!

wepsbee
08-30-2011, 03:05 PM
Out with the fire dept from Sat midnight till 3 pm Sun. Cutting up dozens of trees blocking roads and on houses. My house had a tree on it also for awhile.30 or 40 basement flooding calls once the wind stopped and we could get around. Transformers popping like fireworks. We have at least 20 busted poles in the town. Power has been out since Sunday noon or so. Some roads still blocked. 100 year flooding with some small towns further in the Catskills just about wiped out.
Other than that everything is GREAT!!!!!

nlevine
08-31-2011, 04:24 PM
In the Boston area (Arlington, MA). 38 hours without power, but that was the worst of it for us (thank goodness). How are the Hartford, CT-area folks on the forum doing? Have some friends in that area with no prospects for power returning before the weekend..

Greg Amy
08-31-2011, 04:37 PM
How are the Hartford, CT-area folks on the forum doing?
Downtown Hartford (where I work) is fine, Middletown/Cromwell area (where I live) is fine, too. I hear from friends/relatives that southeast CT and near New Haven are still dark...

http://outage.cl-p.com/outage/outagemap.aspx

BruceG
09-01-2011, 07:16 AM
In the Boston area (Arlington, MA). 38 hours without power, but that was the worst of it for us (thank goodness). How are the Hartford, CT-area folks on the forum doing? Have some friends in that area with no prospects for power returning before the weekend..

We're hearing it may be 5 weeks till power is back in our small town in southern Vermont.

StephF
09-01-2011, 12:32 PM
Bruce, are you guys cut off still? Some of the videos coming out are incredible!
Don't know if this link will work. It's a public facebook video. Rt 4? Mendon VT?
http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v=10150265586031582

BruceG
09-01-2011, 12:46 PM
Steph...we have limited(a dirt whoppy do) to get out on one south. You'll love this one...after almost a week with no power in west wardsboro, our power company(CVPS) and other out of state utilities were very close to restoring power to 100's of residents, only to be told by the National Guard that they are being shut down in 15 minutes to work on the raod...LOL.To me, NAtional Guard=National Gerd because they just gave me indigestion....LOL