PDA

View Full Version : Got My License!

Simon T.
07-16-2011, 06:00 PM
Long story short, I FINALLY after years of attempting have gotten my regional competition license.

Question though, is a regional license just another membership card, or will there be another actual license card send to me? I got a new membership card with regional competition on it, but nothing else is different.

Needless to say I am very excited and cannot wait to get my first race in.

dickita15
07-16-2011, 06:10 PM
All that work and yep it is just a line on you membership card.
Congratulations, you ARE a race car driver.

Simon T.
07-16-2011, 06:39 PM
Cool thanks!

lateapex911
07-16-2011, 09:42 PM
Awesome!

jumbojimbo
07-16-2011, 10:31 PM
The nice thing is, with your license you get a free hard card. Pretty picture of you, an actual plastic pass, not just flimsy plastic you have to laminate yourself.

CRallo
07-17-2011, 10:14 AM
Congrats!

How does that work?

The nice thing is, with your license you get a free hard card. Pretty picture of you, an actual plastic pass, not just flimsy plastic you have to laminate yourself.

tac911t
07-17-2011, 04:52 PM
The hard card is not part of the racing license. Anyone can get a hard card.
There is a yearly waiver that is signed and notarized or signed by a SCCA registrar.
You send in that waiver and upload a picture of yourself to the SCCA Member site.
It is this picture that is printed on the hard card and sent.

Matt93SE
07-17-2011, 05:34 PM
The hard card is not part of the racing license. Anyone can get a hard card.
There is a yearly waiver that is signed and notarized or signed by a SCCA registrar.
You send in that waiver and upload a picture of yourself to the SCCA Member site.
It is this picture that is printed on the hard card and sent.

..... And in my region, I STILL have to sign every waiver they put in front of me, just like the card didn't exist. So why bother? :rolleyes:

jumbojimbo
07-17-2011, 06:57 PM
Congrats!
How does that work?

I could be wrong, but my memory is that the hard card is $0 if you have a license, but it may just be national licence?

Go to scca.com, log in, upload a picture.
Then contact membership services.

edit: like everythig else scca, there is no clear and easy path. at some point you'll bump into it and say "oh, yeah, there it is, how did I miss that?" I think worst case they'll send you a hard card form when your license is up for renewal and it will likely have $0 as the cost for the hard card.

phastafrican
07-18-2011, 02:31 PM
Congrats Simon!

gsbaker
07-18-2011, 05:26 PM
Way to go, Simon!

Simon T.
07-18-2011, 06:31 PM
Thanks you all!