PDA

View Full Version : ITB mustang brakes

manny
07-15-2011, 05:38 PM
ok guys where can i get some front brake pads? been looking around and all they list are the ones for the V8 mustang. any help would be great, thanks. :023:

StephenB
07-15-2011, 05:46 PM
call carbotech. If you send them your backing plates from a stock set they will make them into race pads OR if your committed to them and you buy a few sets they will make up a template and custom make them for you. Try to find out max depth of the pad material... my first set I made that mistake and they were WAY to thick!

Stephen

Racy-Stacey
07-15-2011, 05:50 PM
I would Suggest Porterfield brake pads. racebrakes.com If they don't have your specific car they can make it for you for at low cost.

Take care, Happy Racing!

Stacey B.

ITA_honda
07-15-2011, 05:50 PM
Im with Stephen. Call Carbotech. They will custom make brake pads if you send them your backing plates. I have delt with Carbotech for a few years now and have nothing but positive things to say about the product and the company. Ask for Mike Jr when you call. He will take care of you

jimbbski
07-15-2011, 07:07 PM
Pryor to 1988 or so you could get preformance pads for your calipers but once Ford upgraded the stock brakes on V8 Mustangs in 1987 most companies dropped the 4 cylinders pads and only offered the V8 pads.

I had a 1986 V8 Mustang and I had the same small 10 inch rotors and calipers that the 4 cylinders got so I know what your're going through!

Rabbit07
08-04-2011, 06:49 PM
We have quite a few ITB Mustangs running up here in Michigan. Being a Carbotech Dealer I have out fitted most of them with Carbotech XP-10's.

EV
08-05-2011, 09:18 AM
I would Suggest Porterfield brake pads. racebrakes.com If they don't have your specific car they can make it for you for at low cost.

Take care, Happy Racing!

Stacey B.
I am a lover of the Porterfield R-4. I believe it modulates far better than the Hawk, and I am pleased with its life. It looks like they have an off the shelf solution for 87-94 4-cyl stangs http://www.porterfield-brakes.com/product_info.php?productID=2685

Renaultfool
08-23-2011, 12:44 PM
You should try some NAPA Premium pads. The ones you want were what they called their Ralock pads. I don't know what they call them now, but I use them on my ITC Renault and no one can out brake me with their high dollar pads. The cost is between $40 and $50 a set.
You have to bed them. They will give you a hard pedal about the third lap, then after that they don't fade. If you need it I can get you the numbers off my pad box and maybe they can identify the type for you. I am pretty sure that they would make them for your Mustang if they make them for a Renault! I used them on my IT-B Pinto for years. They worked great! And cheap!

jumbojimbo
08-24-2011, 08:40 AM
You should...

I'm so confused, is this Carl or Jim? Signature needed.