PDA

View Full Version : Honda Acura mugen RTA bushing install tips

fivedimeracer
07-12-2011, 03:57 PM
Any tips before I remove stock and get the mugens pressed in? The car is much lower than stock and i'm changing to different rta for rear discs. I have 88 crx with koni dbl. And blaney upper arm.
Im thinking if.. they are pressed in at the stock rotation, the center pin/bolt will bind when i get the susp on there and on ground. Has anyone figured out the best way to do this?

raffaelli
07-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Put the suspension at ride height. Mark the angle of the blade in the bushing on the arm. Take the arm off, install at the marked angle.

fivedimeracer
07-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Ok thanks Chris, that's what I figured...I guess I was thinking there may be a way to get the Rear Arms and bushing all done and painted before mocking it all up again.. I'll have to get everything on there with the crummy stock RTA's still in (I have no susp. on the car or anything in the interior as I took apart the entire existing ITA car minus the motor and the basic cage, so even if I try to do it with the susp. compressed on jack stands it won't truly be accurate ride height as the car is still light due to it not being in its entirety). I'll mark how they sit (I'm sure the stock RTA was binding as the whole car still had stock bushings everywhere, even though it had Truechoice valved shortened Koni's and ERS springs...so its sat pretty low and twisted the RTA bushing completely. If I can get really moving once these last few bars I'm adding to the cage are done, I'd like to get the new and much better susp. on so I can make it to the Glen for the Fun One !!

Thanks Again,
Joe Z

raffaelli
07-12-2011, 06:30 PM
I will shoot a picture of my RTA at height so you can get a ball park (which may be good enough) of the angle of the blade.

fivedimeracer
07-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Thanks Chris,
That would be helpful !

Joe Z