PDA

View Full Version : Pro IT Series (NE) - Round 4 at Watkins Glen

StephenB
07-11-2011, 11:54 AM
Looking forward to running this event and seeing everyone again! The entry list is still growing... up to 31 cars but I think we can fit 65 on track!!! Entry fee is only $300 bucks and you will most likely get some of that back :) Pretty excited to see 8 ITR cars!!!

Pro-IT 31 entries
# Name Class Year Make Sponsor Hometown
00 Cefalo, Marc SM 1996 Mazda Miata Planet-miata.com swoyersville, PA
0 Cefalo, Michael SM 1995 Mazda Miata Planet-miata.com West Pittston, PA
3 Billiel, Jeremy ITX 1995 Acura Integra Kakashi Racing Marlborough, CT
05 Ulfelder, Steve ITR Honda S2000 Flatout Motorsports Southborough, MA
7 aziz, abdulrab ITR BMW 325 Monroeville, PA
07 Case, Doug ITA 1988 Honda CRXsi Hardin AUto Body Branchville, NJ
10 Jones, Dan ITR 1993 BMW 325 M & O Systems, Inc./ Jim Locke Automotive Ligonier, PA
12 Mossaidis, Demetrius ITA 1992 Honda Civic Si Halfmoon Racing Sunnyside, NY
13 Lamport Hammitte, Ann ITR 1988 BMW M3 Jamaica Plain, MA
14 Mills, Amy SM 1994 Mazda Miata New York, NY
16 Rooke, Matt ITS 1989 Mazda RX-7 RidgeSpeed Racing Basking Ridge, NJ
17 Murcott, Dylan SM 1995 Mazda Miata Flatout Motorsports Ancram, NY
18 Ulan, Marc SSM 1993 Mazda Miata East Berlin, CT
20 Nimkoff, Robert ITR 1995 BMW 325is ITR Class Autotechnic Weston, CT
21 Thiele, Robert ITR 1996 BMW 328is bmwmotorsportcollection.com Hingham, MA
22 Anderson, Kevin SM 1999 Mazda Miata Gappsi.com Huntington Station, NY
23 Henderson, Jeff ITS 2000 BMW 323i Auto technic New Milford, CT
25 Driscoll, Rob ITS 1999 BMW 323i www.autotechnic.net Brookfield, CT
26 Lippert, Gary SM 1990 Mazda Miata - SM Advent Tool, DAVIS Trailer World, Become A Foster Parent Avon, NY
33 Phillips, Ben ITR 1992 Porsche 968 BigSpeed Racing Boonton, NJ
50 Blethen, Stephen ITR 2004 Mazda RX8 www.RSTPerformance.com Suncook, NH
51 Warren, Andrew SM 1991 Mazda Miata Ridgespeed Central, SC
52 Duman, Donald SM 1990 Mazda Miata Southern Auto Auction - Kessler Engineering Wallingford, CT
63 Weaver, William J. ITS 1986 Mazda RX-7 Weaver Insurance Agency Sayre, PA
69 Tsiounis, Yiannis SM 1999 Mazda Miata QuickSilver Leasing New York, NY
70 Locke, Jimmy SM 1995 Mazda Miata NorthEast Earth Mechanics Inc Pittsfield, NH
77 beccaris, david SM Mazda miata mv motorsports Dallas, PA
82 Cooper, Nicole SM 1996 Mazda Miata Planet-miata.com Shavertown, PA
88 Thiel , Kurt SSM 1990 Mazda miata Thiels import auto Canandaigua, NY
94 Finsilver, William SM 1999 Mazda Miata Mill Neck, NY
95 Hainsworth, John ITS 1986 Mazda RX7 Ridgespeed Racing, Stehm's Auto Repair Cherry Hill, NJ

Class Totals: ITA: 2, ITR: 8, ITS: 5, ITX: 1, SM: 13, SSM: 2

rsx858
07-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Really looking forward to this event! lets get some more cars on that entry list!

benspeed
07-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Can't wait to see the NEW RX8 in the flesh - that thing looks AWESOME! I am jelouse and want Mr. Blethen to paint my car too!

dtanthon
07-11-2011, 05:18 PM
Last year we had 58 entries. This year we even have an ITX Integra. The RX/8 looks great! Glad to see ITR growing.

Check out www.ProITSeries.com (http://www.ProITSeries.com). Answer the question.
Get you W9 form and bring it to the Glen so I can give you a check.

rsx858
07-12-2011, 09:06 AM
Last year we had 58 entries. This year we even have an ITX Integra. The RX/8 looks great! Glad to see ITR growing.

Check out www.ProITSeries.com (http://www.ProITSeries.com). Answer the question.

That is one cool looking RX8! cant wait to see it out there as well

To the question of split starts, I can understand the SM guys wanting a split start. The one issue i might have with this is later in the race when the front of the field catches a pack of 10 SM's in a big train... Lapping 2 SMs in a battle is hard enough without getting smacked:blink:

SMac92
07-12-2011, 09:24 PM
I'm considering going up there to race, looks like I'll be driving this a lot on iRacing any tips or advice besides stay off the blue stuff?

Steven

StephenB
07-12-2011, 09:44 PM
That is one cool looking RX8! cant wait to see it out there as well

To the question of split starts, I can understand the SM guys wanting a split start. The one issue i might have with this is later in the race when the front of the field catches a pack of 10 SM's in a big train... Lapping 2 SMs in a battle is hard enough without getting smacked:blink:

Coming from ITB I can tell you that this is the reason I stopped racing the pro-it series... ITB and probably ITA cars cannot race eachother without racing the SM cars at the same time. It was the worst opportunity to race other ITB cars with all the traffic we delt with for the entire race. Absolutly nothing against the SM guys and gals it was just reality. Normally ITB runs with ITS around here and we have to deal with the slower ITS cars which definetly stinks. When racing in the PRO-IT with tons of miatas all running the same lap times it became impossible to have good honest races. In the end I did have some great races and did enjoy it but it kept most ITB cars away and eventually annoyed me as well especially with the low ITB car counts. Now jumping up to hopefully ITS times (probably still not as fast as you) I would hope that the traffic is just something we need to pass and not race with for the majority of the race. Having to lap those guys/gals is much more like true proracing with dual classes. NOT racing another class that is the same in lap times like what happens with ITA, ITB and SM cars. I STRONGLY encourage the split starts for this very reason.

I also still think this is the single biggest missed opportunity of this series. Make it PROIT and PROSM with split starts at every track. I bet anything you would see full fields and probably 20+ SM cars at some events if you give it the same publicity.

Just my .02 and the honest reason I stopped racing in the ProIT stuff with my ITB car.

Stephen

StephenB
07-12-2011, 09:48 PM

Are we answering that question here like I did or do we have a poll on the ProITSeries.com site?

Stephen

dtanthon
07-13-2011, 08:43 AM
Here is fine, we all check here. Thanks for the comments.

I'll ask Matt if he can put a survey up on www.ProITSeries.com (http://www.ProITSeries.com) about the split start. Terry H. would make the final decision.

40 cars so far with over a week to go.
Class Totals: ITR: 9, ITS: 6, ITA: 2, ITB: 2, ITC: 0, SM: 20, and our first ITX: 1.

SMac92
07-13-2011, 01:41 PM
I might be registering tonight. Does ProIT run its own individueal schedule, or do we also get the 15minute qualifying and 7 lap race on Saturday? I know this is a dumb question but I've never been to W.G.I. or done a Pro-IT race so I'd like to know what's going on before I get there and get all confused. Also, does the day really end at 1pm on both days?

Thanks,
Steven

Greg Amy
07-13-2011, 01:55 PM
Supps: http://www.glen-scca.org/RoadRacing/2011/JulySprints2011A.pdf

SMac92
07-13-2011, 03:09 PM
I made sure to look at the Supps before posting that. It seems that Pro-IT operates independently from the other groups. I just wanted to make sure that the 7 lap races by group, didn't involve us (Pro-IT). I just don't want to end up on track when I'm not supposed to be...even though for $300 that wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Steven

preparedcivic
07-13-2011, 03:18 PM
I made sure to look at the Supps before posting that. It seems that Pro-IT operates independently from the other groups. I just wanted to make sure that the 7 lap races by group, didn't involve us (Pro-IT). I just don't want to end up on track when I'm not supposed to be...even though for $300 that wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Steven

Pro IT in NEDIV is always its own 30 minute qualifying session and 45 minute race, independent of the other groups.

StephenB
07-13-2011, 03:19 PM
Steven,

The PRO-IT runs seperate from the Regional. We have just one session on Saturday (Qualifying) and then the race on Sunday. Lot's of track time if everyone plays nice and we don't get full course yellows. I do like the regional with the extra sessions to play with car set-ups but it would be difficult to fit it in with the regional as well. The goal of the region is to have you "double Dip" into the PRO-IT and run the regional as well. Basically the region makes much less money on entries for the PRO-IT than the regional because they have the prize fund with the same entry fee.

I am going to be running the test day as well to get used to the car and work out any kinks. Wouldn't be a bad idea for you so you can learn the track, I suspect we will get a lot of track time.?.

On another note you won't be sorry. It is well worth the trip and it really is a fun track... even Lewis Hamilton said he liked it last month when he raced here :)

Stephen

SMac92
07-13-2011, 03:50 PM
OK Thanks guys. We're probably getting there Thursday night and setting up Friday. I can't afford the track day just b/c it's another $275. I'll just work on it on iRacing, make sure to start last in Qualifying and go from there. I just hope 10 gallons can last 45 minutes on Sunday, that's a long ass time.

Steven

Jeremy Billiel
07-14-2011, 02:02 PM
Who will be selling Hoosiers at WGI?

mossaidis
07-14-2011, 02:36 PM
^^ smarty from northeast tire. 518 819 9238

benspeed
07-14-2011, 04:00 PM
Supps: http://www.glen-scca.org/RoadRacing/2011/JulySprints2011A.pdf

I saw on the other post you got STL in for WGI - nice!

I am still mystified why that was a challenge - was it a sanction issue?

Greg Amy
07-14-2011, 04:16 PM
There was no challenge, just a simple misunderstanding: the organizers were unaware of the existence of new-for-2011 STL class.

Now to get STL moved to G3 so my compadre can enter in STU...and so other G5 entrants (ITA, ITS RX-7s) can double-dip into STL...otherwise we have to pull Jeremy's STU entry.

GA

ulfelder
07-14-2011, 04:31 PM
Steven,

I am going to be running the test day as well to get used to the car and work out any kinks.

Stephen

Stephen, I'm doing the test day as well - also double-dipping with Regional action and my annual Pro-IT race (ta da!). Let's shove each other around the track in a Land of the Rising Sun draft!

StephenB
07-15-2011, 07:38 PM
Steve, I am pretty sure you will just be pushing me around! I need at least a weekend to learn how to drive a rear wheel drive car! I hope to be faster than my ITB car, and I hope it runs well. So far it has only driven around the dealership parking lot. On a side note can you bring a book out with you for my wife on the ride home? If not I am sure we can stop and grab one at a bookstore.

I am also with Ben, we need to figure out how to kick some BMW but (JK but seriously the www.autotechnic.net group is top notch and probably some of the fastest in the country!). We could also make it a Japan vs. German thing. Maybe Ben is now out of our click! Although he could buy his way back in...

It looks like Round 4 is really heating up!
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Watkins+Glen+NY+USNY1528

Entry list is up to 47!!
http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.status/uidEvent/092FBF4F-A094-8549-BDB2FB93BC482D3A

Stephen

dj10
07-18-2011, 04:06 PM
M&O Systems Press Release:

M & O Systems, Inc. lines up with Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) competitive ProIT race series!
M & O Systems, Inc. a leader in the financial software industry recognizes the relationship between auto racing and building a competitive business.
Both must be leaders in their market, excel in communication, exemplify teamwork, possess professionalism, and offer the latest technology to accomplish their goals in serving their customers.
M & O Systems, Inc. is proud to announce a partnership with businessman and race driver Dan Jones of Ligonier, PA. M & O will sponsor Dan for the three remaining races of the extremely competitive ProIT Series. Dan will be driving the #10 BMW 325 at Watkins Glen International Raceway July 23, 2011, Pocono Raceway August 13, 2011, and the final race of the ProIT Series at Watkins Glen International October 9, 2011.

See younz at the Glen. ;~)

tdw6974
07-19-2011, 07:23 AM
Bring your cool suits going to be a hot weekend (at least the Weather service says so):rolleyes: Looks like the mid west weather is moving east. 53 Entries in Pro-it and 193 for regional. Now a little more advice! Please get a Head and Neck restraint system now!

Jeremy Billiel
07-19-2011, 09:41 AM
If we are going to run the test day on Friday is there anyway to get into the track Thursday night?

CRallo
07-19-2011, 09:54 AM
As a month ago the track did not have an event wednesday or thursday so I'm not sure how open they will be... Usually you can drop/leave whatever you want by 8, you just have to sign a waiver with security.

I lost her cell number, but Marianne can tell you for sure:
Marianne Shoemaker

Director of Guest and Special Services

Watkins Glen International

2790 County Route 16

Watkins Glen, NY* 14891

607-535-2486 ext. 256

Fax:607-535-3350

[email protected]

lateapex911
07-19-2011, 10:56 PM
In the past, the test day has been a sleep at the registration building in the truck deal, then the mad rush to stake your claim and get going.

Beware, if you are group one for the test day, bringing crew is a wise move, as there's often little time between getting your registration/credentials and the track opening for cars.

mossaidis
07-20-2011, 08:23 PM
It may have been mentioned before, who is the Pro-IT Series Chief Steward? Tom Hansen which is now running ITE in NARRC regionals (car setup is under the NASA GTS rules yet with SCCA logbook) is interested in running ITX. Rules states that the Series Chief Steward must approve - who should I point him to. Thanks!

EDIT: nevermind, found it in the supps... Terry Hanushek

tdw6974
07-20-2011, 09:02 PM
In the past, the test day has been a sleep at the registration building in the truck deal, then the mad rush to stake your claim and get going.

Beware, if you are group one for the test day, bringing crew is a wise move, as there's often little time between getting your registration/credentials and the track opening for cars.
Jake, registration opens at 6:00 am GRoup 1 is 8:30 you just need to be up early:026:. Damn nice to live 45 minutes from track.:eclipsee_steering:

Terry Hanushek
07-21-2011, 07:11 AM
Mickey

It may have been mentioned before, who is the Pro-IT Series Chief Steward? Tom Hansen which is now running ITE in NARRC regionals (car setup is under the NASA GTS rules yet with SCCA logbook) is interested in running ITX. Rules states that the Series Chief Steward must approve - who should I point him to. Thanks!

EDIT: nevermind, found it in the supps... Terry Hanushek

Thanks for the follow up. I talked with Tom last evening and he is good to go.

See ya at the races

Terry

lateapex911
07-21-2011, 03:38 PM
Jake, registration opens at 6:00 am GRoup 1 is 8:30 you just need to be up early:026:. Damn nice to live 45 minutes from track.:eclipsee_steering:

The next to last time I did a test day at the Glen I arrived from the 5 hr drive from CT at 4AM, jumped on line about 5:30 (amazingly went backwards fast as 5 or 6 guys in line were holding places for a bunch of others), and got sent here and there, waiting and waiting.
I finally pulled into the track gate at 8:10. Needless to say I missed first group, as I crew for myself. Maybe they were understaffed.

The next time I went, I was prepared and went to get online even earlier.

StephenB
07-21-2011, 07:19 PM
Speaking of crew... are they free or do we have to pay for each one?

Greg Amy
07-21-2011, 08:59 PM
It is..."warm"...up here. Just came "gack frum der bar", so we're good...

I don't think Jeremy will make it past noon.

Terry Hanushek
07-21-2011, 09:28 PM
Stephen

Speaking of crew... are they free or do we have to pay for each one?

From the event supps: Credentials will be provided at Registration for drivers, entrants and four crew to a maximum of five credentials per car. ..... Driver/Entrant must supply names for all who are authorized to purchase overcrew passes, which will be available at Registration: $10.00 each.

This is for the race - not sure how the Test Day works

Terry

StephenB
07-21-2011, 09:36 PM
Stopped up at the track a little while ago and he said he thinks that tomorrow (test day) is a non spectator day and that only guests of drivers can go in. So I think that's free...

Stephen

Terry Hanushek
07-24-2011, 09:05 PM
TreadZone Pro IT Round 4 Results
Watkins Glen International

ITR

Dan Jones - 21 laps (overall winner)
Rob Thiele - 21 laps
Ben Phillips - 21 laps

ITS

Rob Driscoll - 21 laps
Jeff Henderson - 21 laps
Matt Rooke - 21 laps

ITA

Demetrius Mossaidis - 20 laps
David Beccaris - 19 laps
Charles Tanck - 18 laps

ITB

Michael Reece - 20 laps
Steven Noake - 19 laps
Dan Hall - 19 laps

ITC

None

SM

David Lendrum - 20 laps
Marc Cefalo - 20 laps
Yiannis Tsiounis - 20 laps

Fastest Lap: Dan Jones - 2:13.354 (New Course Record)

The track started damp but quickly dried under overcast skies. Excellent racing after an IT / SM split start.

Terry

CRallo
07-24-2011, 10:21 PM
Terry, thanks so much for all your work and always posting here!

tdw6974
07-26-2011, 09:24 AM
Results posted on My Laps. Glen Region got the newest scoring and timing stuff!:D

StephenB
07-26-2011, 09:23 PM
Looking for photos of my car on track :) I really want one with flames coming out the back! If anyone knows the contact info or websites that the photographers post them on let me know.

Stephen

CRallo
07-26-2011, 11:23 PM
Stephen! Are you running RAL? I can ask my photographer to get some such pics if you don't have any luck here.