PDA

View Full Version : S. Blethen....to the red courtesy phone please

Rabbit05
07-11-2011, 10:48 AM
Check your PM's : I need help finding some Audi crap....:bash_1_:

StephenB
07-11-2011, 11:12 AM
Got your message :) I sent a PM back. I think I can help!

Stephen

gran racing
07-11-2011, 12:54 PM
Stephen, how psyched are you not to be on John's side of this now? lol Don't worry John, my car has to go to the mechanic's shop tonight to hopefully resolve a fun power loss issue. Grrrr.

StephenB
07-11-2011, 12:56 PM
John this is harder than I thought! I did find one hidden in someones basement in Maine... Waiting to here back from him on a price and verification that it is not broken. I should here back tonight or tomorrow.

Stephen

Rabbit05
07-14-2011, 06:38 AM
Dave,
Hopefully you'll get your power issue figured out and be able to make the Glen race next weekend. I did manage to find a windshield....I spent the better part of a day calling/emailing people looking for this thing . A local glass place called me back and said they found one....and may be the last one in the country...:(

I just hope I get through tech..there are some cracks on the windshield on the pass side....I am hoping that's where they stay too. As I heard that the cracks cannot be in the drivers view..?:shrug: But I think I got everything else down, like the kill switch, cage stuff... and the car moves under its own power..LOL!

Stephen,
I think you got out of the Audi stuff at the right time. With trying to find a motor for Ray's car , and a windshield for mine...this Audi stuff is getting super rare..! And thanks again for looking into it ...

BTW I love the new car ...!!! It looks awesome !

StephenB
07-14-2011, 10:09 AM
Try finding a brake caliper... I hope you went with the larger brakes. With the new IT rules you dont't get a weight brake for having the smaller brakes anymore. If I stuck with the Audi I would put the big brakes onfor that reason. AND its impossible to find the proper carrier for the caliper.

Stephen

PS: the only reason Raymond didn't switch yet is because we have 16 wheels that fit the smaller bolt pattern, smaller wheel bearings, and smaller brakes.

StephenB
07-14-2011, 10:13 AM
Are you doing the test day? If so let me know if you need anything. Most of the guys are coming down Saturday and they can bring parts out.

Also if you can think of any specific spare you would like me to bring let me know and I can throw it in the truck.

Curious to see how it came out! The last one you had was fast enough, this one should be real fast!

Rabbit05
07-14-2011, 11:55 AM
Stephen,
Thanks for the offer :D...if anything goes awry I will let you know. I am planning on doing the test day Friday. I really have to do the test day . I am sure there will be issues or something I overlooked and I dont want to find that out on race day. Plus, If the car craps out on Friday then I wont waste the entire weekend. But I think it should run fine.(knock on wood)

Yeah the car is an 85 CGT..the only thing I don't have is the newer style head lights, so transfered from the old car to the newer car...cause thats all I got . :shrug: I have yet to find a set for this car ...I would like a set of euro lenses...but thats even bigger $$$ as you might know.

My goal is to be able to drive the car back on the trailer next weekend...everything else is bonus...:023:

I might try to lobby for a split start from all the Miate that will be in Group 3....maybe .

RSTPerformance
07-14-2011, 02:05 PM
John-

go early and try to get the split... They seem much more open to it!

I got a new motor (used, no engine work done) the other day and we are working on getting it in the car... Not racing at the Glenn as things with the baby are tough right now but I hope to be out at the end of the year!

See you soon :)

Raymond

Rabbit05
07-18-2011, 07:01 AM
Raymond,
Glad to hear you found a motor for the car ! Hopefully we'll see you guys at Lime Rock. After this race I probably wont make another race until September . I really am looking forward to running the vintage weekend at the Glen ...and I'll probably do the Narrc runoffs again......and then...

its winter........:(

gran racing
07-18-2011, 07:54 AM
The season goes by waaaay too quickly especially when trying to fight to get the car on track. Good luck with the new cars guys!!

I still have more repairs on my from LRP and don't have enough motivation. Going out on a friends boat this weekend sounds a lot less stressful. lol Sept Glen anyone?

Rabbit05
07-18-2011, 01:42 PM
I think a boat is going to be a great place to be this weekend...its gonna be HoT !! 90's+ for a temp....ugh..