PDA

View Full Version : IT Results at LRP?

jimalley
06-20-2011, 08:51 PM
Someone must have the IT results from this weekend?

mossaidis
06-21-2011, 10:35 AM

I do somewhere in my office underneath boxes of parts. I will try to dig it up tonight.

ulfelder
06-21-2011, 11:48 AM

Quick R/S/B report:

ITR: Rob Thiele on pole (1:00.6), me alongside (1:01.3).

Race 1: Thiele (ITR winner) over Rob Driscoll (ITS winner) over me over Jeff Henderson. Hendo and I had a great race-long battle. He crossed the line ahead of me, but made his last pass under a local yellow and got bagged for it.

Race 2: Driscoll (ITS and overall winner) over Thiele (ITR winner) over Hendo over me. All 4 of us ran within a tenth or 2 of each other all race, slicing and dicing thru heavy traffic. Big fun.

I need to eat my Wheaties and get better starts. That's the big area where the Autotechnic guys are murdering me.

ITB: Paul Curran on pole (1:04.8). Nat Wentworth took Race 1, not sure who took Race 2.

rthiele
06-21-2011, 03:03 PM
ITB Race 2 was:
1. Nat Wentworth, best lap 1:04.929
2. Paul Curran
3. David Knight

Andy Bettencourt
06-21-2011, 03:27 PM
ITA? Best lap?

lateapex911
06-21-2011, 03:54 PM
Wendell smoked the ITA start, Shane got tangled in out of class cars, and never got back to Wendell to make it a contest. Lap times were in the 3s, IIRC. Overall was an EP and GTL car, I think.

IT7 win went to Madison Bolden, with a last lap pass over Norm Latulippe. Everyones favorite firefighter, Lou-I can't spell or say his last name- ;) sat it out after damaging his car in the early race.

JLawton
06-21-2011, 04:37 PM
Lou-I can't spell or say his last name- ;) sat it out after damaging his car in the early race.

Oh that sucks. He was smokin' in qualifying!

Congrates to Madison! Given those ol' guys a run for their money!! :p

Andy Bettencourt
06-21-2011, 05:05 PM
Wendell smoked the ITA start, Shane got tangled in out of class cars, and never got back to Wendell to make it a contest. Lap times were in the 3s, IIRC. Overall was an EP and GTL car, I think.

Then the track would seem to have been slow. Shane can run 1:02 flat all day.

lateapex911
06-21-2011, 05:13 PM
yes, in impound, it would be safe to report he was "distressed with the traffic'. My takeaway after talking with him was that he felt he could run with Wendell, he just couldn't get to Wendell. The old power vs corners conflict. See also: Acura vs Porsche, ;)

jimalley
06-21-2011, 05:21 PM
How did you make out with the new setup?

jimalley
06-21-2011, 05:24 PM
I do somewhere in my office underneath boxes of parts. I will try to dig it up tonight.

How did you make out??? Details, details:D

mossaidis
06-21-2011, 08:57 PM
Race Group #1 - Race Sat 10am - ITA/7 only though group ran with EP, FP, HP, SSB, SSC and GTL as well

ITA
1 Windell Holmes 1:02.826
2 Shane H. 1:02.775
3 Geoff B. 1:03.316
4 Steven Frederick 1:03.556
5 Tim Klvana 1:04.433

IT7
1 Madison Bolden 1:05.147
2 Norman Latulippe 1:05.349
3 Lou Iannaccone DNS (broken wheel studs and crash in qual race)

mossaidis
06-21-2011, 10:06 PM
How did you make out??? Details, details:D

Hi Jim,

Ups and downs for sure. My heart said "I hope you get a podium or at least a personal best laptime". Reality said "...sort the car and you idiot". Mind you, I have not been on track competitively in over 11 months and I have not at LRP since Oct '09. So, I definitely knew I needed to sort myself out first, hence I double-dipped. I just double checked, my best at LRP is 1.03.619 back in May '09.

The motor pulls like a bandit out of hell - LOVE IT! (thank you Matt Kessler, I bow to the) Tires were so-so, they were 1 years old from NHMS July '10. Suspension was completely different for me: pre-season we removed the front sway bar, stiffened the rear to full (24mm progress) and went from 450 lbs rear spring to 1000 lbs. Same brakes from last year... old rotors and newish DTC-60's.

ITA qual session - mid 1:04's with Lou and I mixing it up for fun. Tranny kept popping out of gear when in 2nd and 3rd and then oil temp spiked to over 250+ degrees. We're still breaking in the motor with dino oil, I get nervous and pit late session. Matt said "eh... you're fine" I qualify 5th in ITA.

STL qual session - low 1:04's (I think) mid-session I'm down on power by 20+whp, check engine light is on and oil temps spike again, I pit mid-session thinking I just blew another motor. Truth: VTEC solenoid wires came loose, problem fixed. Matt said "wtf... check your connections next time". I qualify mid-pack in the group at 18 or something.

ITA qual race - 1:0X.X (I don't remember) though I remember passing cars on the start to Big Bend plus a few others but at some point mid-race speedometer goes nuts on me and eventually dies. ECU goes into limp mode, again 20+whp down, I finished but to fell back to 9th. Speedometer wire came loose off the speedsensor - easy fix and we're good to go again. PS. Windell was FLYING through cars! Good to see him back!

STL qual race - 1:0X.X (I don't remember) this race was the pinnacle of my weekend... seriously. I should have been lined up as 18th... but me and apparently another 4 maitae showed up late to grid. LOL! I started 31st out of 35 or something like that. Passed 10 or so at start and moved to 11th by the end of the race... wow, what a good time! If I pissed anyone off, please let me know!!!! I am guessing I did 1:03's though I need to wait info to get posted on mylaps.com.

ITA race - started 9th, moved up to 6th with Klvana, Frederick and a Prod car in front of me - I was flying! then.... GRINDDDDDD.... no 4th on the downshift to bigbend, no 3rd... no shift at all so no race. I pit and call it a day. Quote of the day, "you drive the wheels off that thing"... what goes around came around, pooh.

STL race - I watched this one from the sideline. (DELETE)

Tranny aside I was getting FASTER! front tires almost gone entirely, so I was driving HARD in the STL qual race and ITA race. I clearly didn't do my research when I built my tranny... I believe the counter shaft bearing pressed into the clutch housing was walking out on me hence it keeps popping out of gear. We're not 100% sure if that was the cause of gear popping AND/OR of the bigger "no shifting" but we'll see. Car is at Matt's where he will be dropping/opening my tranny (i.e. fixing my mistakes), adding an oil cooler, new front rotors, new brake ducts and maybe a new clutch/pressure plate. If all goes well, we'll be at LRP July 1st-2nd with 225/45 R6s. If not, WGI for sure.

We missed you Young Jim Alley. When's your next race?

Mickey

rhygin
06-22-2011, 12:35 PM
I ended up at the back with Mickey and had a blast passing cars taht I should be passing. All in, it was a good weekend for me as I got some good work on my racecraft, had soem very close racing, and now know just how far I need to go to get fast-fast at this place.

For me it was great to have some family around on Sat and share the adventure.

As has been detailed on the "other" LRP post, the last group #3 race was a mess... and a mess right from the start. There was no room beign given on the start really at all and I got hit hard enough (square in the back) in the middle of Big Bend that my hands got knocked off the damn wheel. I mean it was hard and I was not expecting it. Some very, very fast hands kept it on the track, but I was pretty pissed. Pretty sure that the person who hit me got collected and was able to finish 1/10th of a lap for his money. Nice job.

The video is the first eight or so laps for the first group #3 race... starting DFL.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=rhygin+lime+rock&aq=f

mossaidis
06-22-2011, 01:24 PM
The video is the first eight or so laps for the first group #3 race... starting DFL.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=rhygin+lime+rock&aq=f

SWEET! Thanks Bradley - good hangin with you as well!

lawtonglenn
06-22-2011, 03:07 PM
That was me in the RX-7 you guys were coming up on. I cringed when I looked in my mirror and saw you almost get nailed.

Do you have the next minute or two of that video? I got stuck behind the yellow Golf when it missed west bend and the Ford and BMW went by me. I was not happy. You went by me coming out of the downhill on the last lap.

Here you go.... videos of the entire am and pm ITR/ITS/ITB races:

http://vimeo.com/lawtonglenn

benspeed
06-22-2011, 03:37 PM
Awesome drive - Tyler had a code brown on that one!

I have the same video setup - what file format and resolution are you saving at?

lawtonglenn
06-23-2011, 10:29 AM
hehe...no kidding!

on the camera I have it set to 720p/60fps ... while the 1080p/30fps is sharper, it is jumpier...It comes
out of the camera as a HD mov file (quicktime)

when my video editing software (I use Pinnacle Studio14) outputs it to DVD, it comes through at 720p/60fps

however, vimeo.com wants it as a HD 16:9 DivX (avi) and Studio14 gives me the 720p, but in this format it
downsamples to 29.97fps.... there is an option to change it to 60fps, but even when I select it, it still stores
at 30fps

:shrug:

on these two videos I found that the edge sharpness problem was caused by misalignment of the axes of the camera
lens and the wide angle lens that I have (literally) taped on the front :)

rhygin
06-23-2011, 11:08 AM
Not that anyone was asking... but I am using the HD Hero cam with a roll bar mount. The new HD version deals with sounds much better and has a great setting to "see" the inside of the car, but to actually focus on the outside. New rechargeable battery in great and the angle of view is set-able for car applications. HD quality and plug and play. Awesome of the $.

I just chop up the scenes in MS movie maker (came with my lap top). Probably shows as well...
BB

benspeed
06-24-2011, 09:50 AM
hehe...no kidding!

on the camera I have it set to 720p/60fps ... while the 1080p/30fps is sharper, it is jumpier...It comes
out of the camera as a HD mov file (quicktime)

when my video editing software (I use Pinnacle Studio14) outputs it to DVD, it comes through at 720p/60fps

however, vimeo.com wants it as a HD 16:9 DivX (avi) and Studio14 gives me the 720p, but in this format it
downsamples to 29.97fps.... there is an option to change it to 60fps, but even when I select it, it still stores
at 30fps

:shrug:

on these two videos I found that the edge sharpness problem was caused by misalignment of the axes of the camera
lens and the wide angle lens that I have (literally) taped on the front :)

Thanks Glen - I've bought the exact same setup because the vids you post are so crisp - I've been picking the wrong format and also have bad luck uploading HD so I'm giving your settings a try for the vids of the PRO IT this weekend.

Cheers,

PS - the HD go makes awesome vids also

Drew M
06-24-2011, 03:18 PM
Here you go.... videos of the entire am and pm ITR/ITS/ITB races:

http://vimeo.com/lawtonglenn

Thanks Glenn!!

ner88
06-26-2011, 07:48 PM
Results:happy204:

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=676074