PDA

View Full Version : July Sprints Round 4 Pro-it Test Registration Open

tdw6974
06-18-2011, 06:35 AM
Registration now open for July Sprints, Round 4 Pro-it, and info on the Friday Test Day! You are able to register(at Track only) Friday am 6-10 am for Regional and Pro-it to complete online entry. T:eclipsee_steering:

StephenB
06-18-2011, 11:26 PM
Where is it posted? I tried the DLB site but I couldn't find it.

Stephen

tdw6974
06-19-2011, 08:34 AM
Where is it posted? I tried the DLB site but I couldn't find it.

Stephen
http://www.motorsportreg.com/ Now used for most SCCA events DLB used by New Jersey and WDCR . You will need to set up account . T

Terry Hanushek
06-26-2011, 10:52 PM
Pro IT at the Glen - last year's most popular event

Supps (http://www.glen-scca.org/RoadRacing/2011/JulySprints2011A.pdf) ... Register (http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/092FBF4F-A094-8549-BDB2FB93BC482D3A) ... Entry List (http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.status/uidEvent/092FBF4F-A094-8549-BDB2FB93BC482D3A)

See ya at the races

Terry

StephenB
06-26-2011, 11:15 PM
I tried registering but it is asking for credit card information. Any way to do it without entering my credit card online?

Is it true that I only get 4 crew members regardless of how many entries I pay? Each time I shell out $300 bucks I think I should get 4 free crew people, no?

Stephen

Terry Hanushek
06-27-2011, 11:54 AM
Stephen

I tried registering but it is asking for credit card information. Any way to do it without entering my credit card online?

Is it true that I only get 4 crew members regardless of how many entries I pay? Each time I shell out $300 bucks I think I should get 4 free crew people, no?

The Registrar for the event is Barb Luther. She does not monitor this BBS but she can be reached by email at [email protected] She will be able to answer your questions regarding the online registration. Please be aware that this is the first event that the Glen Region is using MotorsportsReg so there may be a couple of rough edges in the setup.

See ya at the races

Terry

Greg Amy
06-27-2011, 12:11 PM
Regions in NEDiv have been allowing you to select "pay by check" and write the check at the registrar window...

dickita15
06-27-2011, 02:19 PM
Regions in NEDiv have been allowing you to select "pay by check" and write the check at the registrar window...

some do some don't

ner88
06-27-2011, 02:44 PM
When I signed up there was no option to pay at the track. :shrug:

SMac92
06-27-2011, 04:54 PM
A friend and I are thinking about heading up and racing,we're both from Maryland so it is about a 5 1/2 hour drive. I'm guessing the $300 includes both days of racing, but how much does the test day cost? My friend said, "it sounds like a lot of money to go up there and get our asses kicked." I'm just trying to see if it is worth the cost to head up and race at an awesome track. I do like that the race day is over at noon, makes it easier to drive home.

Thanks,
Steven

dickita15
06-27-2011, 05:51 PM
A friend and I are thinking about heading up and racing,we're both from Maryland so it is about a 5 1/2 hour drive. I'm guessing the $300 includes both days of racing, but how much does the test day cost? My friend said, "it sounds like a lot of money to go up there and get our asses kicked." I'm just trying to see if it is worth the cost to head up and race at an awesome track. I do like that the race day is over at noon, makes it easier to drive home.

Thanks,
Steven
dude you gotta drive the Glen.

tdw6974
06-27-2011, 08:41 PM
Test Day is $275.00 Payable credit card or Cash

JLawton
06-28-2011, 06:43 AM
dude you gotta drive the Glen.

I'll second that. This is a track you MUST drive. Well worth the money.

Greg Amy
06-28-2011, 07:04 AM
Hamilton: Watkins Glen ‘like the Nordschleife’
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2011/06/1...-nordschleife/ (http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2011/06/17/hamilton-watkins-glen-nordschleife/)

Lewis Hamilton described the Watkins Glen circuit as “absolutely fantastic” after driving it for the first time on Tuesday.

Hamilton compared the track to Germany’s celebrated 14-mile Nürburgring Nordscleife, which he drove two years ago...A bit of hyperbole, but I'm with him.

GA, gonna be at the "American Ring" this next month...

gran racing
06-28-2011, 08:12 AM
If someone determines if it's possible to pay at the track for the race please post it here. I was going to register but don't want the funds to come out yet.

Greg Amy
06-28-2011, 08:23 AM
If someone determines if it's possible to pay at the track for the race please post it here. I was going to register but don't want the funds to come out yet.
I hope this is public info, but I traded emails with the registrar and she indicated that "no credit cards are run before race weekend", they're only collected during registration, so 'pay at the track' is available.

GA

SMac92
06-28-2011, 10:16 AM
I've been wanting to go up there since my Dad starting racing again. I don't think I can spend all that money just for an hour of track time though, I gotta save some money for school. I'll just enjoy it on iRacing for now I guess.

Steven

gran racing
06-28-2011, 10:35 AM
I don't think I can spend all that money just for an hour of track time

The two races at the track is just the beginning. The Glen area is just awesome!! Hell, I'm planning on going up on Thursday with the family, not doing the Friday test day to enjoy the area. The Watkins Glen Gorge, the beautiful lake with restaurants right on it (still haven't tried out the tiki bar), German restaurant that tGA's wife found, wineries, cool fresh local brew....okay, I could go on. If it weren't for the winters, I'd seriously consider moving there.

Yes, school is more important but...

Thanks Greg, I did not realize that.

tdw6974
06-28-2011, 09:41 PM
I hope this is public info, but I traded emails with the registrar and she indicated that "no credit cards are run before race weekend", they're only collected during registration, so 'pay at the track' is available.

GA
Greg, Is correct you can input your card info to complete entry but until you get to the registration window no charge will be made against the card if you chose to pay by check or cash. TW:eclipsee_steering:

tdw6974
06-28-2011, 09:49 PM
Glen Motor iinn on west side of Lake run by The Franzese family a SCCA racer and supporter of the Glen Region with along racing history. The Research Museum in town. Mr Chicken for Picinics. The Gorge in the glen. as Dan said neat time for entire family. :happy204: