PDA

View Full Version : ITC Datsun tires and brakes

John Payne
06-15-2011, 10:47 AM
I posted on the Datsun site as well. I am buying a Datsun B210 to run in ITC. Having raced in prepared classes for 35 years (actually GT5 Datsun 1200), I am wondering what tires are most competitive as well as having some useful life?

The car currently has stock rear brakes. Are there comp linings available and if so, from whom?

I am retired. I have no illusions about what this car is capable of. I just do not want embarrass myself and have fun safely. Having said this, is anyone else racing ITC A series Datsun out there? I would like to network with you.

Regards,
John

dave parker
06-15-2011, 11:49 AM
Hi John
For tires the Hoosier R6 is going to have the most grip but the shortest life. The Toyo RA1 will have the longest life but the least amount of grip. Kumho tend to fall in the middle in both aspects.

For brakes check with Porterfield in California. When I was working for Billy Ring I discovered that Porterfield can put a race compound ablative material on just about any brake shoe core you can supply them. I don't know what they charge for that.

I hope to see you running some MARRS races soon.

cheers
dave parker

joeg
06-15-2011, 01:36 PM
Carbotech for brakes.

Depending on size (13 inch wheels?), you will have Hoosier or Toyos to choose from.

You may use up to a 15X6 rim, so other tire options are available. Your final drive ratio works into this decision making process.